View Full Version : Wealth

Leon
04-20-2006, 10:28 PM
Do you think wealth does more to help a man attract and date than it does for a woman to attract and date?

I believe, given equal appearance and personality, a wealthy man will have many more opportunities to date. But I think the opposite may be true for the ladies. Thoughts?

Who gets to "marry up"?

upisgr8
04-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Yep Leon, you're on it. You can marry more money in fifteen minutes than all the education and hard work can ever earn you in a lifetime.
Thus I decided not to get married again, just find some woman I hate and buy her a House every three years. It's got to be cheaper.

sweetdaisy
04-21-2006, 06:21 PM
With all things being equal, I would say that your statement is probably true for men. More money = more dates. But maybe it's partially becuase if you have more money, you can afford to go out more often, hence opening yourself to more opportunity to get dates.

And generally speaking, you're probably right about it being opposite for women. There's an unfortunate tendency (again, it's a generalization) for many men to be intimidated by women who make more money, more status to their jobs, more education, etc. I'm still trying to figure this one out...is this a threat to men's "hunter/gatherer" instinct of being able to provide?

Upisgr8, I'll take a house any time you wanna fork out some $$$!! :D

TomGirl
06-08-2006, 06:09 PM
There are SOOOO MANY men out there now that will go to clubs and such in fancy areas, with very little money, aiming for the "perfect hit". It's like the lottery, they may be spending money they can't afford, but if they latch on to a rich woman, then they're set. Yes, this used to be the woman's game, but times are changing my friends and being the people watcher that I am, have seen more and more men on the prowl for money. Hey, if there are any blue-collar men out there that live payday to payday and want a payday to payday gal....well.....

Leon
06-08-2006, 09:49 PM
Well, money wouldn't attract me to a woman. Maybe you can drink a woman pretty, but I could never pop a chubby over a C note.

upisgr8
06-09-2006, 08:41 PM
With all things being equal, I would say that your statement is probably true for men. More money = more dates. But maybe it's partially becuase if you have more money, you can afford to go out more often, hence opening yourself to more opportunity to get dates.

And generally speaking, you're probably right about it being opposite for women. There's an unfortunate tendency (again, it's a generalization) for many men to be intimidated by women who make more money, more status to their jobs, more education, etc. I'm still trying to figure this one out...is this a threat to men's "hunter/gatherer" instinct of being able to provide?

Upisgr8, I'll take a house any time you wanna fork out some $$$!! :D

Now sweetdaisy how could I have a bad thought about you?