View Full Version : rowing or anything else

rxis
04-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I'm trying to find something new to focus on in my attempt to relieve some stress and trauma. Hopefully I'll find a hobbie that isn't costly.

Anyone row? I don't know anything about it myself. I've been considering taking the rowing class that Chesapeake offers or joining the rowing team at OU.

I could start boxing again or get more serious about mma but I think it just adds a type of pressure I'd like to stay away from now. Must be getting old.:053:

sweetdaisy
04-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey rxis, sorry I missed this post. I've rowed before and it is lots of fun! Last year, my company competed in the "Corporate Challenge" at the rowing event last October. We had a blast! (We even beat Chesapeake - HURRAH!) I've been thinking about getting back into it and joining a "regular" team, too.

I would recommend rowing as a great stress-reliever. It's tough exercise (your quads & back get an amazing workout), but once you're in a boat and get a good rhythm going, it's peaceful and graceful, and just an amazing experience. Wind through your hair...the sound of the oars pushing through the water...oh...it's a great time.

The drawback is that you have to train and learn the proper technique which can be a little frustrating (I'm somewhat impatient), but it's totally worth it.

metro
05-01-2006, 03:53 PM
sweetdaisy are you doing corporate challenge this year? if so what sports. I am, I just don't know what sports yet.

sweetdaisy
05-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Metro - I think our company will be participating the in Corporate Challenge portion of the "Head of the Centennial" regatta again this year. We had several teams last year and had a blast.

I'm not sure if we have participated in other sports in the past, though. I'm not exactly the most athletic individual, so most mainstream sports don't interest me too much and I don't pay attention to what they've done. :)

metro
05-08-2006, 01:00 PM
Not sure what sports I'll be participating in yet. I'd like to start rowing though.