View Full Version : Think I have found a girl/friend

dirtrider73068
04-19-2006, 07:05 PM
Well I think I may have hopefully found me a girl/friend to hang out with, been talking off and on last week. Appraoched her yesterday, to see if she would go out to bike night at santa fe, she would have if she had a babysitter. Did give her my digits, and she called me tonight, twice now. I am excited I got to talk with her and also excited she is talking with me, and she actually called me. She is nice and sweet, seems laid back, and easy going which thats one thing I need right now, as I am still fighting and dealing with depression so everything has ot be low key if not and things get rowdy it makes nervous. The funny thing is she works at the restraunt at the gold course I am at for the winter, all I did was just walk up one day and start asking her questions, you knwo the useall how old, what she liked to do, if she liked motorcycles. So she asked why all the Q's so I told her I wanted to know if she woudl go out and ride with me sometime or something, and she was interested. This is one of those spontanous meets, I knew if I was bound to meet someone it would happen. Guess I will get off cloud 9 now, and float back to earth.

osupa05
04-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Questions... I think it's all about having a question you can ask... and of course finding someone that sparks your interest to ask it to... Good luck!

dirtrider73068
04-19-2006, 07:21 PM
That was just it, it took me about 2 days before I got the nerve to ask her those questions. I kept trying to think of the right one to ask that was right and not to scare her away, but not make me feel worse or embarrased if she turned me down, so I just started asking casual questions and worked up from there.

OklaCity_75
04-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Keep the phone conversation limited so that you will have something to talk about when your together.

Other than that relax, be yourself and take things one day at a time. Do not feel you have to rush things. Just enjoy the time together. If it was meant to be sooner or later you will establishing something. If was not meant to be enjoy a good time with a nice lady and leave it at that.

Keep it simple that is the key.

gbyte
04-19-2006, 09:06 PM
Good luck on that dirtrider!

Midtowner
04-19-2006, 09:10 PM
DR: I'm happy for you, but I really hope that she doesn't come accross OKCTalk and find this thread.

Karried
04-20-2006, 07:46 AM
Yay Dirtrider! I hope it works out for you....

Like Okla 75 says, take it slow and easy... if it were me (and this isn't meant as advice, just a thought..take it or leave it) I might not talk about past relationships right away and I might hold off a bit on discussing health issues ...these might be a few topics that could scare off a new prospective date... just keep it light and fun and let it develop naturally.

I hope you to get to know each other and something nice develops. Good luck and congrats on taking steps to meet someone new!

Leon
04-20-2006, 09:35 PM
Just enjoy yourself and have a good time, DR.

dirtrider73068
04-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Keep the phone conversation limited so that you will have something to talk about when your together.

Other than that relax, be yourself and take things one day at a time. Do not feel you have to rush things. Just enjoy the time together. If it was meant to be sooner or later you will establishing something. If was not meant to be enjoy a good time with a nice lady and leave it at that.

Keep it simple that is the key.

I don't plan on rushing anything, it will just have to happen before I will make it happen. I don't want anything to go wrong or be rushed into something.

dirtrider73068
04-21-2006, 03:45 PM
Yay Dirtrider! I hope it works out for you....

Like Okla 75 says, take it slow and easy... if it were me (and this isn't meant as advice, just a thought..take it or leave it) I might not talk about past relationships right away and I might hold off a bit on discussing health issues ...these might be a few topics that could scare off a new prospective date... just keep it light and fun and let it develop naturally.

I hope you to get to know each other and something nice develops. Good luck and congrats on taking steps to meet someone new!

If she wants to knwo about my past relationships she will have to ask about them other than that I won't say anything about them. What do you mean hold off on the health issues?

dirtrider73068
04-21-2006, 03:46 PM
DR: I'm happy for you, but I really hope that she doesn't come accross OKCTalk and find this thread.

Don't think she will, she doesn't have a computer or internet access.

Leon
04-21-2006, 03:53 PM
Cuz, you're absolutely right about not discussing past relationships; you need to be close to her before disclosing deeply personal issues.

Other than that, just be yourself; anything else is misleading. And if you can't do that, figure out why and correct it.

dirtrider73068
04-21-2006, 03:57 PM
Cuz, you're absolutely right about not discussing past relationships; you need to be close to her before disclosing deeply personal issues.

Other than that, just be yourself; anything else is misleading. And if you can't do that, figure out why and correct it.

I am looking at this way, if she wants to know something she will ask for the info otherwise it will kept hush. Its not meant to be a secret just don't want to bore her or scare her off. So far in the past couple days of talking at work and on the phone its been going good, and I plan on keeping it that way. She may even come see me tonight for a little bit, I hope. I do ask questions to bring up talk, but other than that I am taking it real easy and very slow, let it run its on course and plan of action.

Karried
04-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Perfect Dirtrider.... good luck to you!

I think a lot of people start off too heavy and it could scare potential dates off. Like disclosing too much information too soon..

Re..Health issues, who wants to hear about acid reflux on the first date? ha,ha....have fun... you're a great guy and she will enjoy your company very much.