View Full Version : Duke University

Karried
04-12-2006, 08:52 AM
This is a horrible situation. Yesterday, they have said they don't have DNA evidence - today, they say they haven't finished all of the testing.

There are three sides to every story, hers, theirs and the truth.

I'm not sure what to believe - but either way, it's a horrible situation.

Looking at both sides.. if the woman was raped, think about her perpetrators out running around free - she must be terrified.

If she wasn't raped and the charges are false, the accused are probably terrified.

It goes to show that anyone can make an accusation. In an instant someone's life drastically changed.

I'm curious to know how this all pans out.

Of course, we'll have to let the process unfold, but based on what you have seen so far in the media, knowing you don't have all of the facts, what is your initial feeling about what happened?

Midtowner
04-12-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't know all of the facts, no one does.

I do find it funny (and sad) that there are so many of these ass hats prancing around pretending that this is some sort of modern day lynching before they know of the existance of a shred of physical evidence to substantiate that claim!.

What's worse is that these ass hats have caused the Duke coach to resign, these players' season to be cancelled, and the Duke Lacrosse team to become pariahs.

This is generally what happens when things are 'tried in the public eye' as they say. No one surrounding the incedent seems to care about the potential victims' plights as much as they care about their own personal agendas.

What's even worse is that if this does turn out to be a false allegation, there's a good chance (depending on the laws in N.C.) that the accuser could remain secret while these kids' reputations have been marred for the rest of their lives.

Karried
04-12-2006, 10:24 AM
I feel the same way about it.. Of course, it has turned into a race war. Do they even care about the 'supposed' fact that a woman may have been gang raped? I don't believe they do.. they are more concerned about trying to find ways to booster their agendas and platforms. It is sickening.

I think if I saw outraged women demanding answers instead of African American men trying to portray racism, I would be much more sympathetic to her plight. Why does that have to be such a factor? Just like the black woman who slapped a policeman.. she was surrounded by the ACLU - she was the one who slapped a cop! She needs Anger Management courses, not a civil liberty attorney.

Patrick
04-12-2006, 11:36 AM
It's hard to know what to believe. In the past many women have simply made up rape cases just to get attention. I'm not saying this girl is doing that, but you have to take it into consideration.

Midtowner
04-12-2006, 11:49 AM
Patrick, I don't want to assume anything about this case. We have a couple sets of lawyers trying this thing in the public eye (unethical IMHO); we have a lot of these "community leader" types coming out of the woodwork making asshat speaches, complaining that this is some sort of modern-day lynching, etc.

The worst thing of all? I can't find a Duke Lacrosse t-shirt or Jersey anywhere!

MadMonk
04-12-2006, 12:15 PM
Well, elections are coming up soon there so that explains a lot.

rxis
04-20-2006, 09:38 PM
there are so many false accusations that ruin ppl whether its rape or whatever...

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-22-2006, 07:21 PM
...The worst thing of all? I can't find a Duke Lacrosse t-shirt or Jersey anywhere!

Have you tried E-bay? (http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2 F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=duke+lacrosse&category0==)

so sly! :congrats:

Midtowner
04-22-2006, 08:05 PM
http://search.ebay.com/duke-lacrosse_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsacatZQ3d

These guys are cashing in!

Wow.. $30.00 for a t-shirt?