View Full Version : Wrong Turn

Faith
04-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Okay - I had to share. This morning I was running about 15 to 20 minutes late to work. I had 1.5 hours of sleep due to my 1 year old having fevers all night from cutting teeth.

I was driving from Edmond on 1-35 south and traffic was at a stand still because of a wreck. I decided to exit on 44W because I knew that it would turn into 2-40 near my children's schools. Well I made a mistake that I hope I will never make again. I accidently took 44E which apparently was the Turner Turnkpike?? I was going to turn around at the first exit to get back on track. I had no idea what I had done. The first exit was over 20 miles down in a town named Wellston. There wasn't a single exit or a turnaround for over 20 miles! I couldn't believe this. How ridiculous. I am glad that I had enough gas to last me until Wellston and that I didn't have an emergency with my children. I am sure I am not the only one out there that has made this mistake before. I know it would cost a ton of money but I wish there was a exit after 1 mile of getting on just in case others have blonde moments like me. It wasn't hard to do on 1.5 hour of sleep!

Thanks I had to vent... and if you read this all I am sorry if it bored you!

bandnerd
04-11-2006, 12:47 PM
I had a friend that did that once when we were freshmen in college. She started speeding to try and get the attention of a HPO but they weren't around. She was hoping they could tell her how to get off the turnpike.

She eventually pulled a U turn at the place where you aren't supposed to U-Turn. She was worried about being late to class!

I agree, it would be nice to have a sort of "Texas Turnaround" for those moments.

escan
04-11-2006, 01:19 PM
It's just a turnpike and they don't have an exit every mile. While it would be "handy" for those moments....it's a lot of money for an exit that would serve very, very few people.

Faith
04-11-2006, 02:17 PM
It's just a turnpike and they don't have an exit every mile. While it would be "handy" for those moments....it's a lot of money for an exit that would serve very, very few people.

I am actually beginning to think that it isn't only very, very few people that make this mistake. 4 out of the 5 people I have shared my story have actually made this mistake before. And one person even said her parents use to do it all the time. Now if I count bandnerd's friend in... it seems like it happens quite often. Unless of course I just happen to know this small group of people.... I hope not! I was tired and I honestly thought it was 44 W. The turn was on the West Side of 35 but of course it looped around to the east! I just thank God that I didn't have an emergency and I had a cell phone with me.

Karried
04-11-2006, 03:49 PM
That is exactly something I would do - poor thing! That is horrible not knowing exactly where you are going! Get some sleep tonight!

windowphobe
04-11-2006, 05:55 PM
If I had a buck for every wrong turn I've ever made, I could have paid off my car in four and a half minutes instead of four and a half years.

Faith
04-12-2006, 09:25 AM
If I had a buck for every wrong turn I've ever made, I could have paid off my car in four and a half minutes instead of four and a half years.

Lol! Thanks for the laugh windowprobe...

I made it to work on time today and with no wrong turns! You wouldn't believe all the abuse I had to take from my co-workers about my little road trip yesterday.