View Full Version : mamasblindgirl: troll

Midtowner
04-07-2006, 11:14 AM
No one could possibly be such an imbecile. It's Jack or Randy. Her username seems to suggest she's blind, yet she uses smileys in all of her posts.

MadMonk
04-07-2006, 11:50 AM
I had thought of that as well. Maybe she's just a young person. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Her posts do have a "Jack-ish" quality to them though. :D

Midtowner
04-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I as much as accused her in the "Tattoos" thread. We'll find out whether she's blind in how she responds to the picture of a troll rather than the word :)

Patrick
04-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Actually, the IP addresses aren't anywhere close. I have been made away of the user however and will be wathich him/her. If you see any more problems, please let me know. I gave the warning a user via PM. If the activity continues I will instate a temporary ban.

Midtowner
04-07-2006, 03:29 PM
I had thought of that as well. Maybe she's just a young person. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Her posts do have a "Jack-ish" quality to them though. :D

I also sense that she may be young -- in fact, does the TOS not ask someone to confirm that they are at least 13 years of age? I vaguely recall this. It's a fairly standard prereq on most BBSes.

At any rate, I generally (as you know) don't mind when people speak their mind, but I do mind when people are being dishonest.

MadMonk
04-07-2006, 03:52 PM
It seemed like Keith may have known her based on her "Help" post.

Patrick
04-07-2006, 04:15 PM
We found out it was actually one of the youth in Keith's youth group. Keith had sent an email out to his email directory inviting people to OKCTalk. She's actually 18.

Midtowner
04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Surprising.

okcpulse
04-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I wonder if she will approach Keith about this warning.

Keith
04-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Sorry guys. I do know her and I have sent her an e-mail, warning her of her actions on the forum. It doesn't matter whether she knows me or anyone else, she still has to go by the TOS or she will be banned.

Patrick
04-08-2006, 03:09 PM
It's just one of those deals where you select a certain email group to send to (like church) and you forgot a few people were on that list. Anyhow, Keith will take care of it.

I do give Keith's church a lot of praise. The Youth Group there tries to reach out to a lot of the inner city troubled teens. And our very own Keith works with them. I'm sure Keith will use this to teach her something!

Midtowner
04-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Thanks for getting rid of her.

dirtrider73068
04-10-2006, 01:48 AM
I didn't see anything wrong with her. Doesn't it also say in the TOS not to bash another member or call them names. Saying she was a troll and not knowing who she was I think is wrong, don't judge a book by its cover. Untill we get to know her let her be the more member we have here the better its going to be, already pointing out negatives about somebody within a couple of there post is only going to make people turn around leave.

Midtowner
04-10-2006, 06:52 AM
For the most part, I agree dirt.

On the other hand, she offered the site absolutely nothing. Whether it was because of simple youth and inexperience, abject stupidity, or by design, she had nothing to offer the board, and was in one word weird.

For the most part you're right, it's too bad when people turn around and leave. Sometimes though, it's not a bad thing.

Patrick
04-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Actually, we do know who she was. And she was being a troll. The TOS states that being a troll is a violation.

jbrown84
04-10-2006, 04:46 PM
I was wondering what happened to all her posts.

Patrick
04-10-2006, 05:22 PM
She was a troubled girl that had been in the youth group at Keith's church at one time. Keith is a youth sponsor there. Since they're an inner city church, they purposely try to reach out to troubled inner city kids. Her only purpose here was to get attention. She really had no interest in discussing city issues, or any other issues related here. I think she just wanted a friend.

I think that's great, but at the same time, we have to follow the rules here. Otherwise, all of the threads become random topics.