View Full Version : if you won the lottery....

kellekokid
04-07-2006, 12:25 AM
what would be the first frivoulous thing you'd buy with the winnings? What would be the first thing you would buy for someone(s) else?

OklaCity_75
04-07-2006, 03:06 AM
I would pull some pranks.

1 billion Superballs........

I would take them up in a cargo plane and flyover the Hefner parkway and drop all of them out during morning rush hour.

At least then all the people rubbernecking at a cop, setting in his car with its lights on, behind a driver changing a flat tire, would actually have something to gawk at.

Either that or.....

Several hundred gallons of MR. Bubble or dish soap

Pour it in the canal or the Oklahoma river then add a few large pumps to agitate the water.

I could just see it now the skyline hidden behind a mountain of bubbles.

Sure.... it would be illegal and it would irritate a lot of people. Then again I would have the money to pay for the clean up and the fines.

The news story alone would keep me famous for years to come.

obiekabie
04-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Im not sure what frivilous thing I would buy, but I know for sure that one of the first things I would to would be to pay for my parents to remodel their house or heck even build a whole new like they have always dreamed of. That would be cool if I could do that. :kicking:

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-08-2006, 05:31 PM
after paying stuff off, I'd buy season tickets to the Blazers and Hornets. Maybe the Redhawks as well.

Karried
04-08-2006, 06:36 PM
after paying stuff off, I'd buy season tickets to the Blazers and Hornets. Maybe the Redhawks as well.

Depending on the amount, I'd buy the Hornet's team so they would stay in OK!!

nah.. I don't know what I would buy, I would travel non-stop though... take every world cruise available and move to Hawaii.

MadMonk
04-09-2006, 08:27 PM
This changes almost every time I think of this little fantasy, but I would:

1. Become debt-free and invest for a comfortable retirement
2. College funds for the kids
3. Ensure my parents (and in-laws) and siblings were also debt-free
4. College funds for my nieces and nefew.
5. Send my mom on a Hawaiian cruise (she's always wanted that)
6. After that, I'm not sure. I guess basically have fun doing whatever suits my fancy at the time.

mranderson
04-09-2006, 08:47 PM
Pay off my girlfriends debts
Pay off MY debts
buy the guy that rents one of our bedrooms a new car
R-E-T-I-R-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellekokid
04-09-2006, 11:31 PM
I'd also pay off all my debts and any that my family has.
do some smart investing
buy a house...nice but not so crazy big that I couldn't afford the utilities!
Take my Mom to Ireland to walk the hills of heather and figure out where to travel to next.

When I worked at the Lucent plant I would have said my first thing would be to call in and say goodbye and good riddance!! (to the job, not my friends) Now. I like my job and wouldn't mind going back to it...but I doubt they would hold it for me for a couple of years while I go play in my million$$ haha

AFCM
04-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I used to joke with a lot of my friends that I would advertise on billboards, commercials, newspapers, etc. and rub it in. Imagine driving down I-240 and seeing a billboard with some guy flashing thousands of dollars in cash then realizing you know him/went to school with him/broke up with him, yadda, yadda, yadda. It's caption would read something like "(insert name), Mustang Class of 2000, never voted most likely to succeed, worth 150+ million dollars. That was just a joke.

What I would really do is buy a bunch a land in Oklahoma City (or metro area) and set up a huge shelter for the homeless. It would provide food, career counseling, limited medical care, limited trade/job education and certification, and psychiatric evaluation. After buying the land and setting up the shelter, I would try to fund the services mentioned with the interest accrued, government grants, and donations.

Afterwards, I would buy a few hundred acres near the Mustang/Tuttle area for myself and build a decent sized (not mansion-like) home. Landscaping would be huge. I've always wanted to fish my very own pond stocked with steroid fed bass and I think it would be cool to have ATV trails. I would make sure my family and generations are well taken care of, but I think it's better to do good with money than hog it all. Come on, with that kind of money you could easily offer tons of scholarships to derserving kids in the OKC metro area. I'll admit, a few generations of my family would be exempt from work, but how much wealth does a man really need?

I like this topic. Dreaming is fun.

AFCM
04-11-2006, 05:06 PM
The above post was under the assumed dream I won a huge powerball lottery. If I won something like a million or two, I would just stick with a few acres of land and a decent house while working and living off the interest. That's still dreaming though.

kellekokid
04-11-2006, 09:55 PM
yeah I often say I don't have to win the huge powerball but I'd take it if I did! But that $200,000.00 X5 with the power play would be just fine! Still some for dreams and cushions for when you get back to bumps on the road in the real world.

mom2des_n_nate
04-12-2006, 05:27 AM
The first thing I would do is a purchase a nice house and SUV for my self, a new truck and motorcycle for hubby. I would pay off my mothers house and have it completly redone as well as purchase a vehical for her I would probly take a nice vacation with hubby since never really had one then the rest would be put aside and saved for college and future propery taxes and insurance on my new house.