View Full Version : ABC's Lost Thread

ibda12u
04-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Does anyone else here watch Lost?
I have to admit that I'm a Lost addict.
I love talking Lost theory's, and finding easter eggs.
Anyone wanna talk lost?

My VCR tape stopped before Last Nights Episode ended so I have no idea what happened after Hurley and Libby smooched.

Can someone fill me in?

okcpulse
04-06-2006, 08:35 AM
ibda12, I have it on DVR, but I haven't watched it yet. I'll fill you in tonight if someone doesn't beat me. I watch Lost religously.

In that respect, I have been patiently putting the pieces of the puzzle together for the 'others'. And I have come to the conclusion that Locke's temporary paralysis was caused by a severe butt-kicking from the 'debt collectors'. After all, his father and girlfriend left him in the motel parking lot, with the $200,000 still up in the room, and the two collectors not far behind.

I think the 'others', are people who are not supposed to be there, do not want to be found, and are well funded. What confused be is they cleared out that facility. Where did they go? What are they doing there? Who's funding them? And we now know there is someone higher that the man with the fake beard and mustache, someone we haven;t seen yet.

ibda12u
04-06-2006, 08:39 AM
LoL,
I also have wondered what happened to the Money? Did the cleaning person get a "GREAT" Tip.

I am still thinking the Others "run" the island. I seriously think they are still doing experiments, and the Losties somehow, happened to have become a part of it.

I have a ton of theory, that I'll put together and send up in a bit.

okcpulse
04-06-2006, 08:44 AM
I have plenty of my own. I'm intrigued. I must head back to work at 9:50AM, but I will be on this afternoon.

Patrick
04-06-2006, 09:42 AM
As a moderator, when I saw the title of this thread, I thought someone was complaining that a thread was deleted (lost) or something! He He!

ibda12u
04-06-2006, 07:06 PM
So it appears Libby was in the same mental hospital that Hurley was in. I guess that extra 5mins had that part in it.

okcpulse
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
Strange. Very strange. Now that is what I call a small world. Now that the prisoner has confessed he is one of the 'others', I think his fate is sealed. According to the previews, though, Jack has gone from being a strong leader- to conceded jerk, to just a plain idiot. In the next episode, he is antagonizing them to come out, and it looks like someone gets trapped.

And, I knew there was a more insane leader among that group than the guy with the fake beard. He is obviously just the spokesman.

As with Libby, she obviously lied through her teeth about being a psychologist. And Hurley went insane on Sawyer, which is actually a bit hilarious.

But Sawyer, for some reason, is the only character that makes me laugh. He is both antagonist and comic relief. I hope they don;t kill him off. I'll be ticked.

Hurley's imaginary friend creeps me out. What gets me is his friend tossed a heavy object at him and nailed him in the gut. I am confused. But then, he throws himself off a cliff after inviting Hurley to do the same. I believe it has a lot to do with that island. The others definitely have a hand in it. And I have a sneaky feeling that the others have been there for generations. I still find it odd that an old sailing ship was parked inland.

Here are the variables for Lost survivors' encounters....

-A food drop that occurs only during lockdown
-A polar bear in tropical climate
-A strange trap with black smoke that appears out of nowhere
-A hatch that was built by researchers
-A computer that obviously is connected to the others
-Two missing survivors

Variables for the Others...

-Tell convincing stories
-Skilled at mind manipulation
-Obviously from America
-Well educated
-Very loyal to each other (they always speak well of one another)
-Obsessed with stealing children (they obviously don't kill them, as the french woman's daughter is still living)
-Medically trained
-Probably combat trained
-A ring leader that keeps out of sight

The pieces of the puzzle are coming together! They obviously experiment with anyone that lands there, and I feel the survivors are their ultimate subjects. And when the experiment is done, they intend on eliminating their subjects. Remember this quote from the spokesman of the others...

"The only reason you're still alive, is because we're letting you live on this island."

okiemom
04-08-2006, 08:08 AM
I'm always ready to talk LOST. I had to miss the Dave epsisode because of a short trip out of town. The first thing I did when I came home was download it from I-tunes.
Do you think Henry or whatever his name is was lying about not entering the numbers?

ibda12u
04-08-2006, 11:23 AM
I have no idea. I think if he really didn't enter the numbers, then the whole Swan hatch must be some kinda mind study of sorts. So maybe they want to see if the staff breaks apart when they realize they didn't have to enter the number, or maybe the numbers don't have to be entered when the hatch is in lockdown state, I don't know!!

Must find out!!

okcpulse
04-08-2006, 11:37 AM
If you recall the filmstrip Locke watched, they had chosen this island for scientific study. Then they were instructed to enter the numbers after an 'incident' occured. Remember that after the clock ran down, Locke saw some strange schematics illuminated under a black light. What are the schematics? And what was the incident? Those are my questions.

As far as Henry is concerned, I'm positive he did not enter the numbers. He made sure to return to gain a stronger trust with Locke, who is obviously now his mind victim. Turn Locke against everybody, and cause a chain reaction.

ibda12u
04-10-2006, 09:14 AM
Here's some more "new" interesting theory I found on the http://lost4815162342.com/ site.

Friday, April 07, 2006
Anthony Cooper is the Original Sawyer?
No, there is not enough proof to make this conclusion just yet, but there is evidence that there is a connection between the two. What you saw in the episode too subtle for you? Not solid enough a connection to mark it down on your scoresheets? Thanks to an interview with Michael Ausiello in TV Guide, we can make a check mark in the Locke-Sawyer connection column.

Question: You said that last week's episode of Lost would reveal a surprising link between Locke and Sawyer. What happened?
Ausiello: A line of dialogue was excised to make the link more subtle. But trust me - it's there.

Question: Somehow, I don't think that it is a coincidence that Locke's father was a con man just like Sawyer. - David
Ausiello: See, I told you it was there.

There is a lot of speculation amongst people that Cooper is Sawyer (the original). I don't know if this is true, althought it is certainly a possibility. If this is true, then it is quite interesting.

ibda12u
04-10-2006, 09:17 AM
Also here is a EXCELLENT INTERACTIVE MAP showing the "schematics"

http://www.lost4815162342.com/blastmap.htm
I think everyone knows that the map is of the island stations, and notes about things that have been happening.
For you PC buff's there definaltly appears to be a Server, CLient network there, the new buzz word is dharmatel :)

ibda12u
04-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Also on the map above, you can right click on the map and zoom in so you can the text.

okcpulse
04-13-2006, 09:35 PM
It seems as though Henry is enjoying toying with Locke's mind. And Michael is out of the woods. A lot will be cleared up in next week's episode, and, there is something powerful to that island. I will tie that in with the 'incident'.

So, now we're narrowed down to two final questions and a new theory...

Are the 'others' a part of the Dharma Initiative?
Is this 'power' possessed by the island tied to the Dharma Initiative?
Is the leader of the 'others' also the man behind Dharma.

And my theory...

The plane was meant to crash on that island. The energy channeled into that island brought the plane down, or, the 'others' brought it down as a part of a continuing experiment. What would survivors do on a remote island where no rescue will come?

okiemom
04-22-2006, 09:16 AM
A funny Lost video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFnD-TTEDPQ&search=addicted%20to%20lost

ibda12u
05-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I am crazy shocked.
I had no idea, Michael? AHHH

Is anyone else doing the Lost Experience?!

okcpulse
05-04-2006, 12:01 PM
He's Infected!!! No!!!!

ibda12u
05-04-2006, 02:40 PM
New theory of mine.

Could it be that there are 2 groups of others?
The scientist? And the Experiments, or the infected one's?
The Scientist don't want everyone knowing that there is more than 1 group, so they dress up to throw them off?

Whatcha think, has that been disproved yet?

And yes, I have the Lost Disease!