View Full Version : OKCTalk Singles Night at the Redhawks

Patrick
04-05-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey OKCTalk members....time to get your ball glove and join us out at the ball park. We're having OKCTalk night at the Redhawks, Thursday, April 13th.

Please plan on attending. No excuses. Not likeing baseball is NOT an excuse, because you don't have to come for the game....you can just come for the fun!

We'll meet in front of the Mickey Mantle Statue on the west side around 7PM. Keith will be wearing his OKCTalk T-shirt, and I will too, if mine has come in yet....I just ordered one, but it may not be here by then. In case you forgot what we look like, check out the photo gallery. Keith and I will both be right around the statue. Keith, make sure not to get too close to ole Mickey......I think he prefers women. LOL!

To all the singles out there.....this is your chance too. Come on out as well. Although it's welcome to all OKCTalk members, I highly encourage the singles to come. Many of you say there's nothing ever happening for you. This is your chance to make something happen. Don't be shy. Don't be scared. Come out and have a good time.

This event is for everyone associated with OKCTalk in anyway. Just bring money for your ticket and a smiling face. I think we're going to either get Terrace seats or General Admission. Not sure yet, but I don't want it to be too expensive, so that way everyone can go. Make sure to meet us before you get your tickets, so we can get tickets that are all together. Since it's a weekday night, we shouldn't have any problems getting enough tickets together.

See you there. No excuses!

gbyte
04-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I'll have a better idea by early next week if I'll be attending...

OklaCity_75
04-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Come on guys now is your chance to meet some really great people. In my opinion if you want to end your singlehood you need to make as many friends as possible.

All of our mods are very friendly people including myself. You have nothing to worry about just come out be yourself and have a good time. I know 90% of you will probably just be sitting at the house that night watching TV or surfing the web.

Set the VCR or TIVO to record your shows and give your computer a break that night and come out to meet us. Besides, how can you expect to meet anyone if your stuck in your everyday routine.

Come on out I promise that you will have a good time.

Patrick
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
I just wanted to let everyone know, you're welcome to bring family and friends.

osupa05
04-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Haha... seeing Keith eat a funnel cake makes even the highest priced tickets worth it!!!!!! Unfortunately I won't be in town :~( Please take lots of pics, and plan another game soon! I want to go!!!

Keith
04-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Haha... seeing Keith eat a funnel cake makes even the highest priced tickets worth it!!!!!! Unfortunately I won't be in town :~( Please take lots of pics, and plan another game soon! I want to go!!!
Realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:LolLolLol
A funnel cake does sound good, though.:hungry:

Patrick
04-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy:LolLolLol
A funnel cake does sound good, though.:hungry:

Now, now, now...your tummy's big enough Keith!!:tweeted: :boxing2:

dirtrider73068
04-10-2006, 01:54 AM
[QUOTE=Patrick] Not likeing baseball is NOT an excuse, because you don't have to come for the game....you can just come for the fun!

QUOTE]

I don't like baseball never have liked it so its not an excuse. How can we haved fun at a baseball game when the seats are in rows and you really can't sit around and talk and have fun. What about trying a picnic at a good park and bring some footballs or soccer balls, maybe even horseshoes, frisbee's and have a picnic. That way its a fairly quiet setting and can talk and get to know each other. Or have a okctalk picnic. I know some good size parks in norman that would work.

OklaCity_75
04-10-2006, 03:29 AM
[quote=Patrick] Not likeing baseball is NOT an excuse, because you don't have to come for the game....you can just come for the fun!

QUOTE]

I don't like baseball never have liked it so its not an excuse. How can we haved fun at a baseball game when the seats are in rows and you really can't sit around and talk and have fun. What about trying a picnic at a good park and bring some footballs or soccer balls, maybe even horseshoes, frisbee's and have a picnic. That way its a fairly quiet setting and can talk and get to know each other. Or have a okctalk picnic. I know some good size parks in norman that would work.

Patrick is right there is no excuse. It is easy to have fun at a baseball game. You sit back grab a bite to eat a cold drink, cheer for the home team and enjoy some conversation. I know of several people that go just to act crazy at the game. They could care less who wins.

You have to make some effort the ideal event is not going to happen. The ideal setting for you is going to be boring for the next person.

That is the problem with every event that we try to plan on here, somebody will nit pick it because every element should be ideal. If nothing else come out and meet the group and stay for an hour. If your having a lousy time by all means go home. I am making the effort and I have evening class that night. I will be up there as soon as I get out of class.

Sorry to bark people but, you have to make some effort and give a little. Give the group a chance and show up. We have great people here and you will have a good time I promise.

Besides singles, unless your into dating delivery people and postal workers your never going to meet someone special.

If you come to these events when you finally do meet someone you will know of some cool things to do on a date.

Patrick
04-10-2006, 09:09 AM
Very seldom do I go to actually watch the game anyways. I just go to relax, enjoy the smells, and talk! Sure, you can talk at a ballgame. Last singles get together was at a ballgame, and I don't think they really watched to much baseball. Nope. Instead, osupa05 watched Keith make a mess of himself eating a funnel cake! How fun!

Keith
04-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Very seldom do I go to actually watch the game anyways. I just go to relax, enjoy the smells, and talk! Sure, you can talk at a ballgame. Last singles get together was at a ballgame, and I don't think they really watched to much baseball. Nope. Instead, osupa05 watched Keith make a mess of himself eating a funnel cake! How fun!
I don't even remember who won the game. Sweetdaisy, gbyte, Intrepid, osupa05, and myself, just sat there and talked. What a great time! As a matter of fact, we were competing with the public announcer at the ball game. When he would talk, we would talk louder. I am so looking forward to Thursday night.

gbyte
04-11-2006, 07:21 PM
I will probably have to skip this one though as I will have to get busy getting ready for my GMAT on Friday. Hopefully nothing will conflict with the next one though :)

Ms.Relaxationstation
04-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Ohhh yeaahhh...I luvvvvv the ALL AMERICAN SPORT of Baaassseeeballl....:tweeted:

Count me in. I will probably be bringing the kiddos too.

Keith
04-13-2006, 05:12 AM
Ohhh yeaahhh...I luvvvvv the ALL AMERICAN SPORT of Baaassseeeballl....:tweeted:

Count me in. I will probably be bringing the kiddos too.
Excellent.....I look forward to seeing you again.