View Full Version : The Gary England Drinking Game

Subvertia
03-30-2006, 06:28 PM
*This game is in no way affiliated with Meteorologist Gary England, Val Caster, News 9, or anything else resembling a real life person, place, or thing.
*Please do understand that this game is intended for persons 21 or over.
*Also be aware that if you actually play this game, you will most likely have severe alcohol poisoning within the first thirty minutes.

Gary England Severe Weather Drinking Game

Pregame
1. Everyone selects a storm chaser other than Val Caster. Every time Gary talks to your storm chaser, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your storm chaser. Take four drinks if your storm chaser says "tornado on the ground."

2. Everyone selects a county other than Pottawatomie County. Every time Gary mentions your county, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your county. Take four drinks if a tornado touches down in your county.

One Drink
1. Take one drink every time Gary says the following:
"Hook echo" | "Updraft" | "Metro" | "Doppler radar" | "Wall cloud" | "Ranger 9" | "Underground" | "Mobile home"

2. When Gary gives a list of counties, take one drink for every county in the list.

3. Take one drink every time Gary interrupts a program. Take one drink if Gary says "You're not missing any of [program name]." Take one drink when Gary says "We'll keep you advised."

Two Drinks
1. Take two drinks every time Gary says the following:
"Baseball-sized hail" | "Waterloo Road" | "Pottawatomie County" | "Deer Creek High School"

2. Take two drinks every time Gary mentions the following towns:
Altus | Burns Flat | Dill City | Gotebo | Hydro | Lookeba | Meeker | Mulhall | Oktaha | Olustee | Shattuck | Slaughterville | Tryon | Vici | Waukomis | Wayne (or Payne) | Weleetka | Wetumkah

3. Take two drinks every time Gary talks to Val Caster.

Three Drinks
1. Take three drinks if we see footage from Val Caster.

2. Take three drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.

3. Take three drinks if Gary mentions the following:
"Immediate tornado precautions" | "National Weather Service" | "Mesocyclone" | "Portable Radio" | "Take shelter" | "Tornado warning in effect until …"

Four Drinks
1. Take four drinks if Ranger 9 must land to refuel.

2. Take four drinks if Gary issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
"Will someone please answer that phone?" | "Do you see power flashes?"

3. Take four drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.

Finish Your Drink
1. Finish your drink if someone uses the word tornado as a verb or if Gary mentions the nearest cross streets to you.

2. If Gary says "We've lost Val," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.

Todd
03-30-2006, 06:46 PM
If I hear a train sound do I keep drinking?

Subvertia
03-31-2006, 03:01 AM
HaHa Good Question! I would think, yes, because You're screwed!
Or No, if you're sober enough to get to the closet (but you'd probably be there anyway, thinking it's the bathroom).

Karried
03-31-2006, 07:35 AM
LOL! Very creative!

I love this, I think I'll print it out and make it poster size to hang on my storm shelter wall next to the liquor cabinet ! At least I'll go out happy!!

MadMonk
03-31-2006, 09:06 AM
2. If Gary says "We've lost Val," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.
LMAO! Too funny. :yourock:

Subvertia
03-31-2006, 10:21 AM
I can't take credit for this, although I'd like to. It was circulating around on Myspace when the first storms rolled in last week.

:)

floater
03-31-2006, 12:30 PM
That is funny. I'd be out with the with the pregame! :Smiley051:tweeted: :spin: :dizzy: :Smiley275 :tongue:

obiekabie
03-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Great game to play if you are one of the people who are terrified of tornadoes. It is good to keep your mind preoccupied with something else.

Karried
03-31-2006, 02:11 PM
I can't stop reading this and laughing, do you remember when the tornado hit the station where Gary was and they all had to run downstairs ?? LOL - forget the drinks, circumstances like that should quailfy for an intraveneous Jack Daniels drip

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-01-2006, 11:50 AM
This = Niiice!

SoonerDave
04-11-2006, 10:09 PM
I don't even drink, but this is hilarious.

You forgot a few rules (I just mentally substitute Dr. Pepper for the notion of anything alcoholic, so that way all I risk is more weight :)

1. Two drink each time he says "Getner."
2. One drink each time he says "Potentially severe."
3. Four drinks for "multiple vortex tornado"
4. Eight drinks any time ANY meterologist uses the word "tornado" as a verb, as in "That storm could tornado at any time" (That's a Mike Morgan house rule).

-SoonerDave

sweetdaisy
04-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Val just spotted funnels on the ground near El Reno!

Time to start drinking, everyone!!!! :D

Hmmm...I wonder if I can fit a keg in my "safe closet".

Karried
04-24-2006, 06:43 PM
God! Where's the freakin Tequila!!

I'm from California - I'm having a panic attack!!

Boo hoo, I hate this!!

sweetdaisy
04-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Tequila all around, Karrie!

Don't let them scare you too much...though I'm not happy that they had the horns going a couple minutes ago.

Guess I'll get the cats crated up, just in case.

Karried
04-24-2006, 06:49 PM
I forgot to mention - I wasn't storm prepared.. I have no alcohol!

That's why I'm so stressed...

sweetdaisy
04-24-2006, 07:01 PM
Oh Karrie! You MUST be storm prepared this time of year! :) I'm thinking of putting a little fridge in my safe closet. If the house is going to be destroyed, I might as well have cool adult beverages to enjoy. :D

Karried
04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
SweetDaisy, how quickly can you get here? I need reinforcements.. hold me!

Keith
04-24-2006, 07:19 PM
SweetDaisy, how quickly can you get here? I need reinforcements.. hold me!
Yeah, I don't know why they sounded the sirens in Oklahoma City. The storm itself was in west El Reno.

Both vehicles are under the carport and I am in for the night, so I think I'll sit back, watch Gary, surf OKCTalk, drink my Dr. Thunder, and eat my Braums strawberry shortcake sundae.....Yawn......

sweetdaisy
04-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Wow. Those storms really fell apart fast. Oh well...guess I'll put my drinks away for the next "tornado panic".

I did find that I actually shut down my computer earlier in case a tornado hit...as if having it turned off will prevent it from being damaged in a tornado. :D

The good thing was that I found out my "safe closet" was a bit small for me and 2 animal crates. We have since relocated our storm gear to what I call "the gas line closet" (the gas line to the fireplace is next to it). That's probably not very safe though. Must reevaluate my options before the next storm. And check into that mini-fridge.

Patrick
04-24-2006, 09:42 PM
God! Where's the freakin Tequila!!

I'm from California - I'm having a panic attack!!

Boo hoo, I hate this!!

Hey Tequila works the same way as Xanax, only you don't need a prescription. No lie!