View Full Version : El Pollo Loco (23rd & Meridian) Flamebroiled chicken...is the best

EdwardEll
03-30-2006, 01:08 PM
friends,
if you like flamebroiled, marinated chicken....you will love El Pollo Loco at 23rd and Meridian...the side orders are rice, beans, vegetables, pasta....and Burritos are also specialty...fresh made SALSA and Tortillas....also try the grilled SALMON...

ENjoy...
and tell a friend about this unique spanish restaurant...more flavor than tex-mex...but somewhat similar...

floater
03-30-2006, 01:33 PM
I get wary whenever someone begins a talk with "Friends,..." ;)

Good to know there's another alternative to tex-mex.

metro
03-30-2006, 04:36 PM
I haven't eaten there in years. I think they have a location on MacArthur around 50th too. They used to have several. I'll have to check it out again.

EdwardEll
03-30-2006, 06:18 PM
yeah....
addressing a group of people as "friends" does sound...like a commercial...but I am only a devoted fan of the delicious marinated in fruit juice, flamebroiled chicken...

and I misspelled the name...
it is

EL POLLO CHULLO... and former store at the 50th and McAurthur location was moved to this new one....
near the corner of
23rd st and Meridian....(1/2 block east of Windsor Hills Shopping CTR)

happy eating....you will not be disappointed...

Patrick
03-31-2006, 08:34 PM
Hmmm, when I saw this thread, the first thing that came to my mind was our very own member, El Gato Pollo Loco!!! (http://www.okctalk.com/members/el-gato-pollo-loco.html) !

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
04-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Hmmm, when I saw this thread, the first thing that came to my mind was our very own member, El Gato Pollo Loco!!! (http://www.okctalk.com/members/el-gato-pollo-loco.html) !
What a coinidence, I did too!

Seriously, That actually is where half my name comes from. It's a fast food chain based in So. Cal. This is the link! (http://www.elpolloloco.com/indexflash.html)

It's about the only fast food place I didn't visit in my time there. I hear it's quite good though...

ADD: If one reads on the website, it actually started in Mexico, then popped up in L.A. in the '80's....

EdwardEll
04-01-2006, 12:34 PM
El Pollo Chullo of OKC is similar to California's El Pollo Loco...
owner, MR. Fred T. is an accomplished chef who has worked at the finest establishments in OKC...Petroleum Club, area country clubs, etc.

The FOOD QUALITY is outstanding

metro
04-03-2006, 12:34 PM
How's the price?

Subvertia
04-03-2006, 12:57 PM
I love the food there! The prices are reasonable as well. It's not Taco Bell, and you really get what you pay for.
I just wish they would open a restaraunt closer to the downtown area.
:)

metro
04-04-2006, 08:32 AM
I ate there yesterday! Much better than I remember it. The prices are reasonable and the food is great and healthy. Almost all of it is high protein and no added sodium, etc. It would be nice to have one in downtown. I had the spicy chicken burrito $2.50 and made it a combo for $1.50 more which included one side and a drink. They have about 10 sides to choose from. I had the pesto pasta. It was excellent, much better than it looked in fact. The burritos are fairly large and range from $2-$3.00

EdwardEll
04-04-2006, 02:35 PM
yeah, great marinated chicken flavor and great side items....enjoy...

ad47aw
08-20-2007, 08:16 PM
My favorite place for chicken. I'm going there tomorrow.

metro
08-21-2007, 08:00 AM
It's been awhile, I'm going to have to stop by again.