03-29-2006, 10:53 AM
development
|category1=Deep Deuce
|category2=Housing
|category3=
|category4=
|
|project=
|address=NE 4th & Stiles (http://goo.gl/maps/1TdbH)
|status=Complete
|owner=
|cost=$12 Million
|architect=HSE (http://www.hsearchitects.com/)
|start=
|finish=2/2008
|contractor=
|height=5 Floors
|sq. feet=
|acerage=
|other=42 units (condos)
|
|image=http://www.okctalk.com/images/wikiphotos/block421.jpg
|

Information & Latest News

Links
Project Website (http://block42.com/)
List of Owners (http://www.oklahomacounty.org/assessor/Searches/SubdivSearch.asp?SubDivision=BLOCK+42+CONDOS)
Gallery

okclee
03-29-2006, 11:09 AM
Great news, I just need more patience.

Patrick
03-29-2006, 06:09 PM
Yup, housing will eventually come around.

John
03-29-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm surprised the house on the Block 42 site hasn't collapsed since the fire.

The start of construction will be nice, if for nothing else, to tear down that eyesore!

John
04-26-2006, 04:05 PM
The vacant house on the site of Block 42 is now down.

Once they get the remnants of the house cleared away, we should start to see things taking shape.

Patrick
04-29-2006, 12:19 PM
If anyone is interested in buying a condo in Block 42, here's the selling contacts:

http://www.chrisallenhomes.com/MyHomeDtl.asp?HomeID=285367

Midtowner
04-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Too pricey for me.

If they're priced that highly, why do they need TIF money.

Again, this abuse is going to cause some serious problems for our schools in the long run. Building HIGH DENSITY housing generating zero tax dollars to help our schools is disasterous public policy.

Patrick
04-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Might actually help our schools, Midtowner. Think of the property taxes these homes will be generating for the OKC Public School System.

Midtowner
04-29-2006, 02:19 PM
Patrick -- the property taxes are used to repay the TIF bond money -- or at least that's my understanding. That means that that until the bonds are paid off, the schools receive no money and more students (lose-lose).

metro
05-01-2006, 01:09 PM
I drove by yesterday. Just to clarify, yes the house is down, but not off the vacant lot. It was just "knocked down". The debris still has to be hauled off, but at least it is a start.

The Old Downtown Guy
08-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Lots of dirt work going on and piers being poured at Block 42. Moving plenty of dirt at Maywood Park and it looks like some grass will be going down soon in the park part of Maywood Park. Very still on The Hill. Absolutely no construction activity of any kind going on. Not one shovel full of dirt has been turned. What's up with that?

metro
08-07-2006, 01:42 PM
The Hill is a joke from Urban Renewal. They shouldn't have received the contract, and now what, they're delaying their already poor promises and comprimise of the land. Every other project that was announced after the Hill has already broken ground. The fact they are calling it the Hill in Bricktown when it is in Deep Deuce should say something about them trying to make a buck off the Bricktown name.

Pete
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
The Hill was award that contract well over a year ago and hasn't updated their website since Sept. of last year.

I also noticed that they are planning to build in 3 phases and they are no doubt trying to pre-sell as many units as possible before breaking ground.

In the meantime, other developments are going to beat them to market, making it much harder for them to get their luxo-prices.

I need to get in touch with someone from OCURA and find out what the heck is going on with these developers who never should have been chosen in the first place.

metro
10-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I drove by about 30 minutes ago. The foundation has been poured at Block 42 and the steel beam walls are already going up. They had a ton of construction workers on site and I thought I even saw Grant Humpreheys out there as well. Across the street at Central Avenue Villas it didn't look like much recent progress has been made. They are still slowing digging out the hole where the underground parking garage will be. The Hill looks like it will break ground just any day now. They had a construction trailer on site, a backhoe and a pickup and one of the dead end roads on the property was uprooted.

Pete
10-04-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for all the updates, Metro!

They are particularly helpful to us out-of-towners.

I'll be in OKC in about a month and I look forward to seeing all the progress in person.

metro
03-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Just an update. I drove by Block 42 today and the brick and stone are already gone up on the west side of the complex. I'm guessing the entire project will be done this summer. "The Hill" has obviously broken ground for some time now. Looks like dirt work and utilities will wrap up here shortly and foundations will be poured soon.

jbrown84
03-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Block 42 is certainly moving the fastest, with the Centennial not far behind and Maywood Park moving along as well, especially with the street improvements. Now The Hill--well that's another story.

no1cub17
03-13-2013, 08:19 AM
Wow - is this really THE Block 42 thread? No posts in 6 years? Weird :) Anyway was just looking at what might be available there and from what I found Block 42's completely sold out? Impressive!

HangryHippo
03-13-2013, 08:24 AM
That is odd. I really love this development and wish there were more in this style. Just a really cool building to me.

Anonymous.
03-13-2013, 08:32 AM
I think originally they were/are sold. But various units go on sale [fairly often] and smaller ones go for rent from time to time.

Currently one of the big 3000+ sq ft double top floors is for sale. Just shy of $700K.

no1cub17
03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
Just found it curious that I can't find a website for them - any google results return just their HOA. I've checked availability from time to time just to see what's there so I thought it was odd that I couldn't even find their website! Only this that says sold out: The Humphreys Company (http://www.humphreysco.com/#/projects/block-42/)

redrunner
03-13-2013, 10:12 AM
Just found it curious that I can't find a website for them - any google results return just their HOA. I've checked availability from time to time just to see what's there so I thought it was odd that I couldn't even find their website! Only this that says sold out: The Humphreys Company (http://www.humphreysco.com/#/projects/block-42/)

Block 42 is not an apartment development that continues to sell units over time. Once all of their original units were sold there is not a need to maintain a website since the condos are now under private ownership and controlled by the HOA. If any units come up for resale they will be listed by a realtor or the owner themselves.

Anonymous.
11-26-2013, 07:12 AM
Anyone know what the scaffolding on the east is about?

BBatesokc
11-26-2013, 07:40 AM
Might just be repairs to the facade/siding. I know in the recent past it has looked pretty crappy in some spots.

Spartan
12-26-2013, 02:00 PM
It's still up, kind of perplexing. I was wondering the same.

Nice thing is I can take some photos of it and pass it off to non-OKCers as more new construction to add to our current boom. (Weird how projects like Central Avenue Villas, Block 42, Centennial, etc that were in the first post-MAPS wave no longer have a place in the development rundown)

Pete
12-26-2013, 05:04 PM
It's still up, kind of perplexing. I was wondering the same.

Nice thing is I can take some photos of it and pass it off to non-OKCers as more new construction to add to our current boom. (Weird how projects like Central Avenue Villas, Block 42, Centennial, etc that were in the first post-MAPS wave no longer have a place in the development rundown)

Because they are several years old and as it is, we have almost 100 projects and it's growing all the time.

I would like to create a "recently completed" list for all post-MAPS urban stuff. It's on a long to-do list.

edcrunk
08-16-2014, 05:36 PM
When are they gonna be done replacing the siding on this place? I wonder why it's taking so long.

Urbanized
08-16-2014, 06:22 PM
I noticed the other day that the work appeared to be done or close to it. At least as far as I could tell while speeding past.

Anonymous.
03-16-2015, 03:51 PM
Anyone live here or know what's up? Several units have gone up for sale the last few weeks. Including some of the more extravagant ones.

betts
03-17-2015, 02:46 AM
Yes, I believe the guy who owns the penthouse bought a bunch of these and was leasing them. For some reason (oil prices?) he decided to put some of them on the market.

onthestrip
03-17-2015, 06:45 AM
I think you're referring to David Chernicky. I believe he owned several units. He is in some legal battle with his former oil company so maybe he's looking to unload some.

musg8411
03-17-2015, 10:20 AM
We went and looked at a couple a few weeks ago while they remodeling them for sale or lease. David then called my wife directly asking if she would meet him in the penthouse for champagne to discuss the properties. Kind of weird so we went elsewhere.

BBatesokc
03-17-2015, 10:29 AM
Of all the housing in that immediate area - and we looked at all of them that were available a couple of years ago - Block 42 is the only setup that would have been to our liking.

betts
03-17-2015, 11:36 AM
I absolutely love the 3 story townhouse main level design. The first and 3rd floors not so much, which is why we bought at Maywood. I still think a bit longingly of that living room/dining room/kitchen layout and that huge front window though.

okatty
06-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Looked at one of the smaller units and have to say I was surprised at some things - pretty sizable, noticeable cracks in walls and ceilings, very worn and cheap looking cabinets and woodwork. May have just been that particular unit, but way it was wearing made me wonder about long term construction/quality. Central Avenue Villas seemed much more "solid" to the untrained eye.

Spartan
06-21-2015, 11:30 AM
I think both developments are well-done, and the developers of each put enough effort/attention into each project that they ended up living there themselves, which says something.

Being condos (now 10 year old condos), updating finishes is the responsibility of the owner.

okatty
06-21-2015, 02:16 PM
I agree with you - was just surprised to see what appeared to be structural cracks in walls and ceiling (which was a loft above). I would have had a serious inspection done if buying.

okatty
09-01-2015, 01:59 PM
Heard that the large condo listed at $1.2 mill is under contract (not sure the contract price) in Block 42.

Anonymous.
09-01-2015, 02:25 PM
Pretty impressive considering the seller got it for half of that only two years ago! Good move.

okatty
09-01-2015, 02:33 PM
He put a TON of money in it I think. Unless some of that work had been done by the prior owner. I'm pretty sure Chernicky did it though. It is decked out (literally - a very nice deck).

Anonymous.
09-09-2020, 09:39 AM
Looks like Mr. Chernicky is selling the Penthouse here. Listed at $2.2MM. Always thought this was cool. I wonder if one of the younger Thunder players will scoop it.

Richard at Remax
09-09-2020, 10:38 AM
A lot of inventory in Block 42 just dumped on the market. The listing realtor is in my office so I am wishing her all the best but it might be a tough road ahead.

3nglnd
09-09-2020, 10:51 AM
Looks like Mr. Chernicky is selling the Penthouse here. Listed at $2.2MM. Always thought this was cool. I wonder if one of the younger Thunder players will scoop it.

It's my understanding that a certain older Thunder player had been living there, so the timing is probably related to the end of this season