View Full Version : 15 Best Skylines In The World

writerranger
03-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I found this newly listed at del.icio.us and thought a lot of people here might enjoy this.
http://www.diserio.com/top15-skylines.html
While it obviously cannot compare to any of the skylines on this list, I find Oklahoma City's skyline coming off I-35 on to the Centennial Expressway pretty nice for a city our size.

Pete
03-27-2006, 06:50 AM
I've always liked the OKC skyline, too.

Looking at that list, it's surprising how few American cities are on it. There hasn't been any significant skyscraper construction here in about 20 years now, and other countries are passing us by.

MadMonk
03-27-2006, 09:27 AM
Great find writerranger.

I'm surprised Dallas didn't rank higher. Its fairly unique and easily recognizable. However, I'm not sure which one in the top 15 I would replace. :wink:

Patrick
03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I would've included St. Louis, simply because of the archway.

HOT ROD
03-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Well, we have to remember, this is just one guy's rendering of the best skylines. I agree with many of his choices (although I would rank Chicago as #1 and HK as #2, as would many on SSP) but there are others that Im like, huh?

And others that were omitted, that surely should be there. Perhaps he is only listing where he's been?

Good list though.

Patrick
03-27-2006, 10:09 PM
What's up with the one from the United Arab Emirates?

swake
03-28-2006, 06:52 AM
Dubai is building what will be by far the tallest building in the world and has plans for one even taller. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burj_Dubai

Oil prices are high and they are taking advantage of our SUVs.

fromdust
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
i thought kuala lumpur was a mega city in terms of population. and then there is dubai. 2 cities which really arent that much bigger than this city. makes me wonder what this city could have been, or what it could become.

writerranger
03-29-2006, 03:16 PM
i thought kuala lumpur was a mega city in terms of population. and then there is dubai. 2 cities which really arent that much bigger than this city. makes me wonder what this city could have been, or what it could become.

I started to say put a bunch of oil under us....but.......