View Full Version : moving to piedmont

new2ok
03-21-2006, 11:01 PM
We spent 4 days in oklahoma looking for a place to call home.
We are thinking on moving to Piedmont. We found a mobile home on 3 arc. of land for less than $150,000.00. We also looked at other homes in the same price range and they were to close to together. We did not see any big apartments to move into for a short time, so we could take a few months to think about our life changing move.
Can you tell me more about Piedmont?

Midtowner
03-22-2006, 07:23 AM
Great town, great schools. In 20 years, those 3 acres will be worth a ton of money. The only problem with Piedmont is that there's not much to do. That's probably not a huge concern as NW OKC is a pretty nice area.

MadMonk
03-22-2006, 08:04 AM
I have to echo Midtowner's sentiments. Even if there's not much to do, its an easy drive to Edmond, OKC, and Yukon; not to mention Okarche for some great fried chicken. ;)

okcpulse
03-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I agree. Seeing that who will be living in Piedmont, you will have quick access to NW OKC via State Highway 4 to NW Expressway (State Highway 3). If you want quicker access to shopping, the Quail Springs Region is a few minutes away from Piedmont if you access the Kilpatrick Turnpike from NW Expressway and exit Pennsylvania Rd.

shane453
03-22-2006, 03:13 PM
Piedmont's fast growing, both residential population and business population- there is a growing number of amenities in Piedmont. But either way I'm sure it's easy to get to OKC because my grandma lives there and works in the Penn&Memorial area.

May I ask where you're moving from? I'm sure you'll like Oklahoma City.

zuluwarrior0760
03-22-2006, 05:02 PM
I like Piedmont, Yukon and Mustang....
My wife and I lived in Yukon for 8 years and although
it's grown, it's still off the beaten path...
and Piedmont is more so...

As to 3 acres and a mobile home.....nothing wrong with that,
but what you should do is determine with research what that mobile home would bring at a Sheriff's auction and then deduct that amount from the 150K and then ask yourself honestly if that amount would be what three bare acres would bring in Piedmont....if there is a great disparity, then look to a house on an acre or two instead of a mobile home on three...

Mobile home is just like a car, a depreciating asset, so the only thing really climbing up in that scenario is the land...

You should be able to buy/build a very nice home in Piedmont for not a whole lot more than that, and then watch it gradually appreciate in value over the years. If you spend 175K for a house and an acre....in 20 years that will be worth 450K or so...
whereas that mobile home will be worth scrap and the land might be worth twice what you paid for it in that period of time....
(I bought two acres 10 years ago, and it's appreciated very little)

Just some things to study on....

I will say this though, there is a website called www.mlsgateway.com which is a consumer gateway to the realtor's only website....you can put in a city and then sort by listing date from most recent on back, meaning that if you check it daily, you'll always be seeing listing before they are ever advertised.....type in Piedmont and see what you come up with...
also: openhouseok.com is a good resource, but mlsgateway, I check each and every morning at 7AM for the areas my wife and I were searching in and when the perfect house came up, we snagged it within 4 hours of it being on the market......that's how you get the best listings....just be the first one to see it, which is hard if you're relying on ads and realtors to find it for you....

davido
06-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I moved to piedmont in 1970 when I was 4, we didn't have any police there for several years, 150,000 for a trailor and 3 acres, Holy smoke!! Anyway I graduated from school their and moved in 1991, nice place to live..

dirtrider73068
06-03-2006, 09:51 PM
For that much you can have a nice home in norman, or even a house and some land in noble, plus be close to places like walmart and the such, and be close to things to do. Have you searched other towns like OKC, Norman, Noble, and Moore. Norman has some prety good neighborhoods, blanchard has some good areas with some land but have been told they are building up around blanchard.

MadMonk
06-05-2006, 11:09 AM
Well, you don't move to Piedmont to be close to anything. That's the whole point. ;)