View Full Version : Computer games?

MadMonk
03-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure whether to put this here in in the Entertainment section.

Anyway, being that everyone here obviously has a computer, do any of you enjoy playing computer games?

I like to play the "Battlefield" series of games along with Halflife 2. I don't usually have too much time to play, but occasionally I'll get a 2-hour stretch of time after the kids are in bed.

So, what do ya play? :)

Midtowner
03-19-2006, 09:42 PM
I put together a pretty decent gaming rig over the Winter Break. I spend a good part of my weekends playing Civilization IV.

I plan to pick up a copy of Oblivion to play with over the summer.

bandnerd
03-20-2006, 06:18 AM
Sims2 is my vice. Good times.

MadMonk
03-20-2006, 06:19 AM
Very nice Midtowner. Oblivion looks pretty amazing. I haven't played the Civilization series since II though.

You must be good at studying as I wouldn't think a law student would have enough time on their hands to get into those games. :)

I've never been able to become interested in Sims. My brother in law is an addict though.

okcpulse
03-20-2006, 09:43 AM
I personally would love to play Battlefield 2 as well as Call of Duty 2, but I have to wait until June to build my new PC with beefier hardware than what I have right now. I can't even run the PC version of Halo without it getting very choppy.

Midtowner
03-20-2006, 10:48 AM
Very nice Midtowner. Oblivion looks pretty amazing. I haven't played the Civilization series since II though.

You must be good at studying as I wouldn't think a law student would have enough time on their hands to get into those games. :)

I've never been able to become interested in Sims. My brother in law is an addict though.

My secret is that I don't require the sleep that most humans do.

4-5 hours is my norm :)

Now, as far as Oblivion, I might pick it up when it comes out, but I study at my office and don't go home until I'm done (usually between 11PM and 2AM). I also have a "free day" where I'm not allowed to study.