View Full Version : Alfredo's Mexican Cafe coming to Riverwalk

metro
03-17-2006, 02:22 PM
Anyone catch the article in today's Oklahoman about Alfredo's expanding to the riverwalk in Moore? In yesterday's paper, it also mentioned Sid's diner re-opening in Moore as well.

aintaokie
06-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Alfredo's is open....grand opening going on now. Haven't tried it....but I've heard good things about the others.

John
06-06-2006, 08:17 AM
A mexican restaurant without beer or margaritas?

No thanks!

We're not stuck in prohibition anymore. :poke:

escan
06-06-2006, 12:23 PM
No beer!?!?!?!? What?!?!?!!

John
06-06-2006, 12:43 PM
No beer!?!?!?!? What?!?!?!!

I could understand if they set up shop right next to a church or school, with those wacky liquor laws, but they think it's cool not to serve.

I bet some people who don't know will be a little upset when they go in for a meal.

okclee
06-06-2006, 02:04 PM
No Beer, No Bueno!

After finding out no beer or margaritas, my family, friends, and I decided to leave.

We asked why no alcohol?, and they said, "This is a family restaurant".
I responded "Families don't drink beer or margaritas?"

Muy Loco.

1Adam12
06-06-2006, 06:35 PM
No Beer, No Bueno!

After finding out no beer or margaritas, my family, friends, and I decided to leave.

We asked why no alcohol?, and they said, "This is a family restaurant".
I responded "Families don't drink beer or margaritas?"

Muy Loco.
No, families don't drink beer or margaritas. If you wanted beer or margaritas, you should have gone to a bar or something. I mean, did you go to the restaurant to eat, or just to drink? You wanna drink? Go to a bar>>there will be no family atmosphere there, so you will be safe.

Beware though, I may be watching you when you leave that bar. I show no mercy to drivers that are drunk.

John
06-06-2006, 11:20 PM
Sorry, but families drink beer and margaritas. They're about as essential to a good mexican/tex-mex dining experience as the chips and salsa.

...and they don't make you drunk.

okclee
06-08-2006, 02:26 PM
1Adam12....I hope you are joking, about "families don't drink beer".

What makes you think I drink and drive?

rxis
06-16-2006, 10:00 PM
i hope i never come across ya. Might get taken to jail for pickin my nose in public or something.

SOONER8693
06-19-2006, 04:20 PM
Ate at Alfredo's for fathers day. The prices were equivalent to Ted's(high), but the food was average at best.

Easy180
07-24-2006, 09:05 AM
Ate there last week....very nice inside and our fajitas were very good...I thought the prices were pretty reasonable and our waiter was excellent...definitely better than Ricky's

Midtowner
07-24-2006, 09:29 AM
1Adam12....I hope you are joking, about "families don't drink beer".

What makes you think I drink and drive?

I don't think too many people take Adam12 seriously. He's said some wacky things as you can see :)

SoonerDave
07-24-2006, 01:22 PM
I'll applaud Alfredo's for not feeling compelled to booze their place up just because it's a restaurant.

Believe it or not, people, there are those families who really, really don't drink any alcohol at all. I make no judgments on anyone that chooses to do so, but it is nice not to have to deal with the alcohol smell or feel like you're just in the way of people who are just there to buy drinks.

-SoonerDave

Midtowner
07-24-2006, 01:30 PM
How's business at Alfredo's?

Anyone here been? Was the place jam-packed?

bandnerd
07-24-2006, 01:32 PM
I've never been to a restaurant that had an "alcohol smell" though. Sometimes I drink, sometimes I don't, and when I don't, I never feel like I'm in someone's way.

Easy180
07-24-2006, 02:16 PM
midtowner...the place has been busy as I drive by there most every night...hasn't been a mob scene, but I went on a thursday night and it was pretty busy in there...not sure if many in Moore had been to the one in Yukon and they haven't advertised much from what I've seen or heard

Midtowner
07-24-2006, 02:33 PM
I missed that -- alcohol smell?

What does alcohol smell like?

At any rate, if they can stay afloat without a liquor license, power to 'em. I don't think I'd go there since I can't quite picture Mexican food without a pitcher of margaritas on my table. If that's their gimmick to get people in the doors, that's great. It'll be a popular place with the church crowd.

Easy180
07-24-2006, 03:13 PM
think that is why they came to Moore unfortunately...have one decent place to get drinks Wild Wings...that is a freakin shame

SoonerDave
07-24-2006, 05:28 PM
think that is why they came to Moore unfortunately...have one decent place to get drinks Wild Wings...that is a freakin shame

This will inevitably come across as sarcastic (at worst) or disingenuous (at best), and I don't intend it to, but is the only measure of fun or enjoyment people can have at an establishment made by how many kinds of alcohol they sell? How many kinds of drinks have to be available? Hot and cold running booze at every quarter?

I readily admit, I'm a tea-totaller, so I don't get the "mystique" associated with drinking - like somehow life just isn't the same if there isn't something "proof" to back it up. Whether it was people griping about the (lack of) booze in the suites at the OU football games or the kinds of booze available at the local restaurant or the kinds of margaritas the local Mexican restaurant, it seems that alcohol is an ongoing focal point of joy for a ton of people, and absent it, it's obviously some dumb, knothole, backwoods, "church-crowd" thing.

I mean, hey, if you like a drink, that's fine. No skin off me. But why does the other crowd seem so condescending in reverse?

-SoonerDave

Midtowner
07-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Because SoonerDave, it's legal to drink in most circumstances, and as long as my drinking doesn't affect you, you shouldn't have a say in it.

And yes, drinking socially can be great. It's a great way to just relax and unwind with some friends. I'm sorry that you don't 'get it.' That's a lot of calories you're avoiding!

There's no mystique, it's just something to do.

SoonerDave
07-25-2006, 10:10 AM
Because SoonerDave, it's legal to drink in most circumstances, and as long as my drinking doesn't affect you, you shouldn't have a say in it.

I never challenged its legality. And not *once* did I say that I should *have* any say in your choice to drink or not drink. My question was why are some people are inherently condescending towards a restaurant (like Alfredo's) that chooses not to serve alcohol, as if the only reason they'd make such a choice is because they are some sort of socially unenlightened, unsophisticated boobs?

As I said, if you want to drink, that's fine, if not, that's fine. I just don't understand what seems like a very intolerant attitude coming from the "want to drink" side.

And yes, drinking socially can be great. It's a great way to just relax and unwind with some friends. I'm sorry that you don't 'get it.'

But isn't it the friends that make it great, not the alcohol?

-SoonerDave

Easy180
07-25-2006, 12:11 PM
soonerdave...my comment was more about the city of Moore lacking and actively steering clear of any decent drinking establishments more than putting Alfredo's down...I like Alfredo's and am not put off by their lack of alcohol

Now I don't want any clubs, but a few bars like Edmond has would make my city nearly perfect in my eyes

Midtowner
07-25-2006, 12:26 PM
But isn't it the friends that make it great, not the alcohol?

Well, I guess you could sit at a table and stare at each other as friends, I prefer to do something whether it be bowling, having a drink, going to a comedy club, etc.

Easy180
07-25-2006, 12:50 PM
umm yeah midtowner...I can't tell you how many times me and the dudes go to Barnes & Noble and just sit around and talk about how our days went

BG918
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
soonerdave...my comment was more about the city of Moore lacking and actively steering clear of any decent drinking establishments more than putting Alfredo's down...I like Alfredo's and am not put off by their lack of alcohol

Now I don't want any clubs, but a few bars like Edmond has would make my city nearly perfect in my eyes

Drive 10 min. down to Norman and you will find plenty of bars. I think that's one of the main reasons Moore doesn't have many drinking establishments, that and Moore is mostly families while Norman is much more diverse with a large student population. That being said I like margaritas with my Mexican food so I won't be paying Alfredo's a visit.

Easy180
08-01-2006, 09:05 PM
bg...understand there are mostly families here, but would still like more than one bar .not really any bars in Norman that interest me..sounds like the theater will have a sports bar and the new Irish pub on 19th should make me stop whining for a while : )

btw...normally drink when I eat Mexican too, but try Alfredo's for lunch...it's very good