View Full Version : Serious Question

Leon
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
I know my own opinion about why a man would ever want a woman to commit.

But, why would a woman ever want a man to commit? What's in it for her? Why? Why would she commit to him?

And forget love.....its life seems to be short lived.

Patrick
03-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Have to remember, women need that emotional connection. I'd say committment is extremely emotional for them, and signifies that you're attached.

Leon
03-16-2006, 06:40 PM
I dunno. I understand the emotional roller coaster thing, it just seems it'd be more dramatic for them without a commitment.

osupa05
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Why wouldn't she want commitment? I don't want to go out with someone who would never want to commit himself to being with me forever if that's where the relationship headed (I wouldn't ask him that on the first date, however!). I want someone that wants/values the same things in life... serving God, raising a family, being best friends and lovers, and growing old together. I don't want someone who's not willing to stick it out through thick and thin...

Leon
03-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Osupa, I really agree. I really dream of the same thing.

How many folks out there do you think can truly make that huge of a comittment? In 2006, is that a realistic deal.

I'd love to swear myself to that. I can. I want to. But I fear there are so few people who can, wheather they realize it or not, that it may not be wize to wait for one. We'll probably not cross paths.