View Full Version : Yahoo

Leon
03-15-2006, 11:39 PM
I quit Yahoo several months ago. But in an effort to keep their hands in my wallet Yahoo continues to send me potential matches several times a week. I got some tonight. The email had 23 potential matches in it. Of course I looked at them.

Based on appearance alone, I'd email eight of them maybe. But I looked at all their profiles and wrote down some numbers just for the hell of it.

Money: Out of 23 ladies, only three disclosed their own income but six included the incomes of the man they're looking for.

The average income of the ladies was $28.3k
While the average income of their target man was $95.4k!!!
My own $89k puts me at a disadvantage at winning the love of a woman who earns $28k...my income is less than she desires. :doh:

Their targets average age: 34.8 years. :doh:

This kinda strikes a nerve. People at work heve pressured me to date a woman ten years older than me. Somehow they think it's great for her to want someone younger but stupid for me to want someone younger too. They get mad when I ask why I should date someone I'm not attracted to.

So discouraging to Leon....He's just too old and too poor for central Oklahoma women to be attracted to. Should I focus on the 45 year old women with $20k incomes? Nope, I'll wait.

Could some of you married folks in the Singles Lounge who believe it's so easy to find someone explain how to overcome this?....Women who want a younger man who earns three times as much as they do? If I desired a 37 year old woman, I'd be seven years too old....than her desired.

kellekokid
03-16-2006, 12:13 AM
[quote=Leon]I quit Yahoo several months ago. But in an effort to keep their hands in my wallet Yahoo continues to send me potential matches several times a week. I got some tonight. The email had 23 potential matches in it. Of course I looked at them.

I'm the same way Leon, I ended mine several months ago too and still get those emails.
I don't even look anymore. I quit cause I would get IMs from men from South Africa or the UK (never from OK or surrounding states) Poor dears they always had money woes...how are they ever gonna get their money to America from way over there....if there was just a way I could help them set up a bank account they could use...yeah color me gullible

Leon
03-16-2006, 12:18 AM
I guess they try to play the sympathetic females....That shows what idiots they are to think you can't spot their scams.

Patrick
03-16-2006, 11:18 AM
While the average income of their target man was $95.4k!!!

That just tells me she cares about one thing and one thing only.....and it isn't love. It's money. She wants to marry you for your money. That's a marriage ready to collapse. What if the man loses his job? Would she leave him? Maybe.

Faith
03-16-2006, 01:26 PM
I would overcome it by staying away from people who are clearly out for money and not love. I know people want to be in a succesful relationship/marriage which partly means financial security. I just don't think it is right to "look" for someone so they can provide for you financially. That isn't what marriage is based on. If that is the true reason why someone marries you then you relationship will always suffer because the foundation of love was never there.

I don't think that it is so easy to find someone. But I do think that alot of the single people I know have set too high expectations so they never seem to find the "one".

Curt
03-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Well I also quit Yahoo a couple months ago because I never got any response except for women in other countries. Also I really think most of the so called profiles are fake just to bait the site so people will keep their subscriptions up. The it seems you have to pay extra for this and that. As far as the income thing goes they are just looking for a guy to support them, thats all and likely they will only cheat on you anyway.

While I was getting on my airplane from Tampa back home the other night I overheard one of the flight attendents telling the other one about this guy she knew, and told her how nice he was and how he would do anything for her, then she says "but that's just not my type", I about turned around and chewd her a new one.

Seems what all of my female friends here are telling me is more and more true. Women dont like nice guys, they go for money.

Also heard one girl at the resturant telling another girl about a guy she liked because he was an authority figure I said yah but alot of them treat women like ****, she looks at me and said she liked that. So I just give up on the whole dating thing. I'll happily stay single and go on about my traveling and not have to worry about anyone, it really works better that way.

Faith
03-16-2006, 03:22 PM
I just can't believe that. Women or Men couldn't possibly want to be in a realationship with someone that treats them like crap. Shouldn't that be the opposite of what people are looking for? Isn't that the reason why people break-up and get divorced sometimes because the other person treats them bad?

Curt
03-16-2006, 03:46 PM
Goddess...I hear ya but it is true, trust me. I myself have chased women in the past that ignored me and I have ignored women and they keep comming back for more. It's just the challenge people want. People want what they dont have and like a challenge. Trust me on this.

The last few women in my life were or are in abusive relationships and they say they stay because they love their man, that just blows my mind.

Anyway, so as I am typing this I get another offer from yahoo. They can just bite me from now on.

I am a nice guy, so therefore I had to just realize I'll be single all my life and I decided that it's not going to bother me anymore and really it doesnt.

Leon
03-16-2006, 06:33 PM
I just can't believe that. Women or Men couldn't possibly want to be in a realationship with someone that treats them like crap. Shouldn't that be the opposite of what people are looking for? Isn't that the reason why people break-up and get divorced sometimes because the other person treats them bad?

I agree but plenty of abused women go back...or find another abusive man.

Leon
03-16-2006, 06:37 PM
The last few women in my life were or are in abusive relationships and they say they stay because they love their man, that just blows my mind.

I think maybe they go back because they really don't want to be in control.......of anything, including their own lives. And abusers often demand total control.

OklaCity_75
03-17-2006, 06:32 PM
I guess I will chime in here even though some of you might not like what I have to say.

:LolLolLol J/J

I think internet dating in general is just lousy. Every site is loaded with fake profiles and people who think they can place an order for a significant other. Sorry ladies and gents the supermodels and the millionaire playboys are not on Yahoo or any site for that matter.

For the past month or so I have had the time to re-think the whole dating scene. For starters, most women want a guy who is a challenge. If a relationship develops, they want the feeling that they landed the guy with skill and it was not just luck that she found him.

Besides if you fall for her with little or no effort from her end what is there to stop you from jumping ship to date someone else.

In my opinion you should only spend time dating those who show a true interest in you and you alone not your material possessions or status. At the same time, you should be patient and let things progress never rush anything when first meeting or dating someone.

Just be yourself and show them a good time. If it was meant to be it will happen one way or another. If it nothing pans out move on to the next episode.

The last thing you should do is give up on finding someone.

Todd
03-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Hello OklaCity_75,

I was searching for new sponsor partners and ran across this singles site. Why don't you check it out and do a review here for everyone.

Love Happens (http://www.axill.com/trackingcode.aspx?affid=6847&pid=1503&bid=6670&ad=6847)