View Full Version : Rio del Fuego

metro
03-15-2006, 02:16 PM
I ate dinner there last night. This is the new mexican place that replaced the Nothing But Noodles in Bricktown. It is a sit-down style restaurant. Kind of on the pricey side. Appetizers are around $6.99 and up. Meals around $8 bucks and up. I ordered the chile relleno $6.99 off the a la carte menu. (don't care foR rice and beans). It was good and decent size. It also came with complimentary chips, salsa, queso as well. The salsa was amazing and the queso was right up there as well, they were not watered down like most places. It definitely filled me up with the complimentary sides. To top it off the complimentary sopapillas were increadible. They were topped with a hot icing and cinnamon. The restaurant is great but with so many mexican restaurants in town, I suggest they lower their prices in order to stay around long.

jdsplaypin
03-15-2006, 02:48 PM
Probably expensive to occupy that space though

upisgr8
03-15-2006, 07:25 PM
Thanks metro, anything but noodles. I'll look forward to giving at a try. I like that location and good call on the rice and beans.

escan
03-17-2006, 01:05 PM
That's why I drink water. It's better for you and free 1 :)

John
03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
The prices seem very reasonable, especially if chips/salsa/queso + sopapillas are complimentary.

...on the $1.99 drinks being too expensive: You're kidding, right? Most people have between 2-3 refills. On average, restaurant cups are 20 oz or so. Try to find somewhere where you can get 60oz of soda served to you for cheaper than that.

Patrick
04-09-2006, 09:51 PM
I ate there last week. I'd say it was pretty average. Wasn't bad, but wasn't anything spectacular wither. Just a typical Mexican restaurant. Prices were pretty comparable to any other Mexican restaurant...less than Ted's though. I think Ted's has better tortillas, but Ted's tortillas are hard to beat. Queso and salsa were pretty good. Overall food was decent. To complaints but nothing to write home about either.

I took my dad, and we ate for $25.

Midtowner
04-09-2006, 11:13 PM
Ted's = overrated and not in Bricktown.