View Full Version : Buffalo Wild Wings???

sweetdaisy
03-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, it wasn't Eischen's, but that was some pretty good chicken!

Complete with awesome beer (Blue Moon anyone?), fantastic company (who knew how great our single folks could be?), and whores galore (was that really a skirt?)! HA HA HA!!!

And now I have a new glass to add to my collection, never mind some great conversation and good friends to boot!

Who can guess the closest to the total tab? Next one's on our winner for sure!!!

Smoking section, anyone? :D

Hugs and kisses to you!!!

kellekokid
03-11-2006, 11:25 PM
Such a good time!! Great company/conversation, chicken wings and beer!! The short skirts and people watching only added to the fun.
As the winner of the tab guessing contest I'll be glad to pay my part anytime we can do this again!
XOXO and sweet dreams to you too!!

sweetdaisy
03-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Whoo hoo! Just saw that I do not have to come up with any bail money for my friends. YAY!

XOXO,

Daze

Leon
03-11-2006, 11:55 PM
I had a great time!

Skirt?....Well, OK, it wasn't quite a formal.

Mercy, y'all got home fast!
Corner Pocket was dead...one beer to laugh at myself....think things over. Get ready for some new threads.

Leon
03-11-2006, 11:56 PM
I made it home, Sweetness

sweetdaisy
03-11-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm 10 minutes away...what'd you expect?

I'm a little skittish about the new threads...our words coming back to haunt? ;)

Leon
03-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Girl,.....I have things I need to say to you....all good

OklaCity_75
03-12-2006, 03:07 AM
Cool.... glad to see the group is getting active in doing things together.

We need to plan something for April. I was thinking all the singles from OKCTalk get together one night at the Arts Festival in April. We could eat, check out the exhibits and listen to some of the live bands.

I will put up post about it. Everyone from the site will be invited.

Leon
03-13-2006, 06:59 PM
Short skirts? It WAS warm out that night. I didn't see an issue there. LOL

Redskin 70
06-02-2009, 05:41 AM
I-40 and Sooner road. It opens finally on Sunday.
Cant wait to try them out. Hope its a least as good as the hype.
See ya there:chef:

narrowexpanded
06-05-2009, 09:19 PM
that place is surprisingly large inside, they had a friends n family preview today and I was pretty impressed.

narrowexpanded
06-19-2009, 11:05 AM
Im weary of writing this post, as well as how much info I should pass on as I dont want any reprisals visited upon some people I know who work there, so forgive me if I am overly vague, but I will start with this...I loved my experience eating at the new Buffalo Wild Wings. The food was good, the service was solid, and the environment was fun. I looked forward to game days this fall watching football in the bar...its exciting for Del City to have them and I hope for nothing but their future success, if for no other reason then for its impact on the city.

But...but I have heard some disturbing news about the people running the show over there. I dont know whether it is the owners (the BBW in Oklahoma are franchises and Im told they are all owned by the same two people ) or the managers who are responsible. Like most new restaurants upon opening, they over-hired and told their employees that "more than half of you wont be here next month," but rather than weeding out employees, it appears as if they are more inclined to treat their employees poorly and run them off. I was told now that two managers have quit, of the 90 servers hired they are down to 60, and some of the stories Im hearing from them are, IMHO, no way to treat your employees. My info all comes second and third hand, and I fear sharing some of the specifics that could lead directly to certain people if someone in the know reads this, so take it for what you will.

I can share this, I guess they were told during training that no benefits or discounts were going to be offered (franchise owners discretion) but later it was revealed that they would receive a 20% discount on food if it was purchased on the same day they worked. I understand that this isnt completely uncommon, but what is uncommon is when a manager then argues with an employee that the discount shouldnt be honored because it was ".40 cent wing tuesday" and they were already discounted. All sorts of stories of mismanagement of the servers has trickled down to me...common restaurant 101 things, such as table assignments that double up servers on a section leaving entire sections unattended with customers waiting for their servers who never arrive.

Again, my experiences there as a paying customer were without incident, but as I continued to hear stories from a few people on the inside, I have to assume where there is smoke, there is fire. I truly hope that this just growing pains and the ship gets righted once they have been open for a few months, but, dare I say, many of the discouraging things I have heard seem to lead right back to the owners...anyone else have similar stories or experiences with this or other local BBW?

Thunder
06-19-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm just gonna comment on the hire part. I think that it is normal for businesses to overhire at the start and gradually reduce the employees. Probably it is because it gives the management a better decision as to which employees is doing a good job and being dedicated on the job.

You see, if they hire just enough, then there is the risk of some people quitting within a few weeks, then the struggle to find new employees with the potential. So, I don't think it bother me that much when a new business overhire at the store and then gradually balance it out.

Ya get what I'm saying?

ImTheDude
06-19-2009, 11:52 AM
If you just want some wings, a very good alternative in the area is Wings to Go on Air Depot.

SoonerDave
06-19-2009, 12:06 PM
You see, if they hire just enough, then there is the risk of some people quitting within a few weeks....

Ya get what I'm saying?

Dang, Thunder, ya beat me to it!!!

If I were running a restaurant, I can't imagine NOT overhiring for precisely that reason.

narrowexpanded
06-19-2009, 12:14 PM
Thunder, I get what you are saying, and I have no problem with it...what I do have a problem with is treating your employees poorly in order to get them to quit...so management doesnt have to do it. It appears that rather then identify the best performers and single out the non hackers and call them into the office for the hard talk...they are just running off employees by being difficult. However, if that was the worst of what Id heard, i wouldnt have posted anything at all.

Wings To Go is good and its where I went before BBW opened. Wingstop has opened in the MWC shoppes on 29th also...i havent eaten at that location, but have eaten at the one on S. Western. They are all good enough for me, but BBW has the bar, a great interior design for watching sports, and I wanted to support Del City and the shopping center opening on Sooner road. I want BBW to succeed, which makes what Ive heard hard to accept. I guess I was wondering if anyone else has had similar incidents with the local franchise to share, or are these isolated growing pains, perhaps combined with the exaggerations of a few disgruntled employees?

narrowexpanded
06-19-2009, 12:21 PM
and to clarify, there were few specific incidents that were relayed to me that I would LOVE to recount, but I fear that they would identify current employees...

Luke
06-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Could these employees not bring issues to management in a non-confrontational way? I don't know if I would want to work in an environment where I felt I was not being treated fairly or with respect. But I know I would bring any issues I had respectfully to management first.

Thunder
06-19-2009, 02:18 PM
Can you be specific on the treatment by the management?

Could it be that it is their way of being tough on them to test their strength to see who have the potential for long-term employment?

Another thing I could think of that they would rather have employees quit under pressure than releasing them and pay portions of unemployment benefits.

I think you should tell us everything.

easternobserver
06-19-2009, 10:44 PM
I will personally vouch for the character of the BWW owners. My experiences with the owners have been that they are great businesspeople who have some creative and innovative ways to build and run their restaurants. It is no suprise that thier local stores are among the very best performing in the country, and the Del City store appears as if it may top that list.

onthestrip
06-20-2009, 09:30 AM
I think the nw expressway is the only BWW around that is owned and operated by someone else. But in no way have they mastered good service. I have stopped going there because of miserable experiances. On top of that, their tvs suck

narrowexpanded
06-21-2009, 09:14 PM
i was told another mgr put in their 2 weeks notice this weekend...i count 3 down in one week...developing

kay
06-21-2009, 10:24 PM
During a recent visit to BWW I was astonished at the number of servers standing around... I would say the servers outnumbered the people eating 2 to 1. No less than three plain clothed mananger types asked us how we were doing. I'd say the wings were pretty good. But the sides were horrible. Potato chips are not supposed to be soggy, greasy, thick rounds of potato, served in paper trays no less. The frozen margarita was the worst I've had, more like a melted lime ade. As far as alternatives Wings to Go is HORRIBLE. Bad all around! Wingstop is the better choice for wings. I think their fries are to die for!

Midtowner
06-21-2009, 10:51 PM
You get what you pay for.

BailJumper
06-22-2009, 05:52 AM
I just find it humorous that 'narrow' posts this as if something tragic is going on in OKC and Del City.

Sorry, but the fact working foodservice often sucks is no inside scoop.

Personally, I would over hire too because often foodservice workers are more flaky than the managers. As for the discount, consider themselves lucky they get one at all. For me though, I worked foodservice decades ago and after about two weeks the last thing I wanted to do was eat the food from the place where I had worked all day.

I tried the BWW in Moore when they opened. Was not impressed. I've bought better wings, frozen at Sam's Club.

narrowexpanded
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
As I stated above, I have no problem with BWW over-hiring for a grand opening, as that just makes good sense...I do have a bit of a problem with the way they seem to be running off the over hired staff by treating them poorly...its just bad business.

furthermore, I understand discounts and benefits are up to the franchise owners. Not offering any benefits at all to their employees can be viewed as an example of the owners greed and callousness by some, especially taken in consideration with the other wacky stuff going on there. Like the decision not to submit their first three days of training to payroll two weeks ago because they decided that it would be better to issue one check for training as opposed to two. Some people were expecting a small check but were told they'd have to wait another two weeks.

Youre right, the inner-workings of a new wings franchise are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, and food service work does suck, been there, done that. But some of us who have some roots in Del City are/were excited about the developments taking place on Sooner Road...It aint exactly the coming of Burger Barn (Gilbert Grape) but its the first of many new businesses to open in that center and, although they appear to be doing very well financially at the start, I thought it might be important for some to know what appears to be going on behind the scenes...perhaps more so for Del City residents and perhaps I should have posted this in the DC/MWC folder but my intention in posting here was to get a wider audience to answer my stated question of if anybody has had similar experiences working for the BWW at other locations across the metro.

Three managers have quit/fired. I wonder if they were viewed as part of the problems, or if they left because they recognized the problems?

BailJumper
06-22-2009, 03:48 PM
For someone who has gone way out of their way to make sure to distance themselves from the source, you sure seem to know alot about the behind the scenes activities and seem to be more than casually interested. I could be way off base but I think your blatant attempts to distance yourself make you appear closer then you are letting on and your agenda even more transparent.

narrowexpanded
06-22-2009, 09:38 PM
yup, my agenda is very transparent...as i have stated it repeatedly.

you are implying that i work there? i do not...you are however correct about being "off base."

Millie
06-22-2009, 11:18 PM
yup, my agenda is very transparent...as i have stated it repeatedly.

No, you really haven't.

All you have done is present unsupported opinions and some incendiary statements about something that supposedly happened to some unnamed third party.

narrowexpanded
06-23-2009, 12:10 AM
"anyone else have similar stories or experiences with this or other local BBW?"

"I guess I was wondering if anyone else has had similar incidents with the local franchise to share, or are these isolated growing pains, perhaps combined with the exaggerations of a few disgruntled employees?"

"my intention in posting here was to get a wider audience to answer my stated question of if anybody has had similar experiences working for the BWW at other locations across the metro."

thats my agenda.

i dont know how i can make it any clearer. i know people who currently work there. they do not want to get fired until they have found another job. i will not name them or go into specifics concerning incidents that could help identify them to management until they are both gone.

they have not asked me to post here nor do they know i have. if the things they said are true then i am very disappointed with BBW management. i have been posting about the development on Sooner in Del City for over a year now because i was excited about the upgrade to the town i grew up in. my excitement remained after eating there twice in the matter of a few days pre and post grand opening. as i stated above, i liked the place very much. but separate stories from two people working there concerned me. one is a family member. i posted in this forum to see if anyone had similar experiences to share, am i being lied to, or are these incidents isolated to a rocky grand opening. i thought i was being as clear as i possibly could.

Thunder
06-23-2009, 12:56 AM
narrowexpanded, why do you keep referring the resturant >>> BBW ?

Lord Helmet
06-23-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm just gonna comment on the hire part. I think that it is normal for businesses to overhire at the start and gradually reduce the employees. Probably it is because it gives the management a better decision as to which employees is doing a good job and being dedicated on the job.

You see, if they hire just enough, then there is the risk of some people quitting within a few weeks, then the struggle to find new employees with the potential. So, I don't think it bother me that much when a new business overhire at the store and then gradually balance it out.

Ya get what I'm saying?

That's standard practice for restaurants. I've helped open several (back when I worked in the business). We always over hired...by a mile.

easternobserver
06-23-2009, 07:22 PM
sounds like you have oversensitive friends who should find a new job or shut up and be happy to have a job.

Midtowner
06-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Oh good grief... BWW is a place you go for 'meh' food and TVs, you shouldn't expect a stellar experience or you'll be disappointed.

Expending any amount of emotion and effort on this issue/subject is ridiculous. If you have a real complaint, go to their website and fill out a feedback form.

narrowexpanded
06-23-2009, 09:24 PM
sounds like you have oversensitive friends who should find a new job or shut up and be happy to have a job.

thank you for your kind and sensitive comment.

dopplehertz
07-02-2009, 04:00 AM
I like the new bww!! and I think you are either a ex-employee or friends of one. you should not talk down on a place becouse you or a friend cant handle the presure of a new company opening. I have been to bww in del city many times and had a great time. The staff seems happy to be there. and the food is great. I do admit that they may have made a few mistakes yet thats just growing pains. you realy should not post rumors as thats all you have to stand on. any buisness that opens will over hire to make sure that the customers are taken care of. if the ones you know have left or been set free then there must be a reason. I have been to the moore bww and the nw expressway bww and I like the del city and moore store better!!!!!!!!!
so calm down and enjoy what bww has to offer!!!! best wishes
:fighting4

MoeStooge
07-02-2009, 07:03 PM
WTF?

Give the guy a break. I can understand disagreeing with him but some of you people seem like you have your own agendas too.

On a seperate, but related note:

Spicy Wings + Too Much Beer = Night on Toilet