View Full Version : Suggestions Please

Karried
03-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Hi all - I received a request from out of town and thought I would get your advise before responding.. do you know of a place that will allow a small pet?

"My husband and I, along with our small dog will be in Oklahoma City for a few nites..late May early June. We would prefer staying downtown/Bricktown, but would like to stay in an Extended Stay type accommodation so that we can cook a few meals ourselves. We also would like to be near a fitness center and restaurants just in case we decide to eat out.

We don't mind driving into Bricktown....therefore, do not mind staying outside the area. What do you recommend?

Please advise. "

dirtrider73068
03-11-2006, 09:28 AM
How small of a dog are you talking about? We moved from geogia one time and kept our chihuahua with us in a hotel room, but that was over night. Some of the exstended stay or little hotels will allow small pets with a deposit I think not for real certain. If its a small enough dog and pretty laid back and doesn't bark alot you may be able to keep in there without saying anything, just keep the maids out adn you would be set. Best thing is to pick places and call and ask them and tell them what you are wanting to do and see which ones are best that will accept you bring in your dog.

mranderson
03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Hi all - I received a request from out of town and thought I would get your advise before responding.. do you know of a place that will allow a small pet?

"My husband and I, along with our small dog will be in Oklahoma City for a few nites..late May early June. We would prefer staying downtown/Bricktown, but would like to stay in an Extended Stay type accommodation so that we can cook a few meals ourselves. We also would like to be near a fitness center and restaurants just in case we decide to eat out.

We don't mind driving into Bricktown....therefore, do not mind staying outside the area. What do you recommend?

Please advise. "

Motel Six. They have a nationwide policy to allow animals unless city ordinance disallows it.

Jack
03-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Motel 6? Ha! Most Motel 6's are crack boxes.

jbrown84
03-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Isn't there an Extended Stay or something like it at Reno just past the Ft. Smith junction? If they can find a downtown or Bricktown hotel that allows it of course that's better, but that may be their best option. Still less than five minutes from downtown, even without getting on the interstate.

Patrick
03-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Isn't there an Extended Stay or something like it at Reno just past the Ft. Smith junction? If they can find a downtown or Bricktown hotel that allows it of course that's better, but that may be their best option. Still less than five minutes from downtown, even without getting on the interstate.

Residence Inn also has a location on Reno, but I'm not sure if they allow pets.

Patrick
03-11-2006, 04:14 PM
Extended Stay by the airport/Reno does allow pets. It's not a bad hotel. Might be the best bet for extended stay. Plus it's not far from downtown.

http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/minisite/services/main.asp?HotelID=793

Patrick
03-11-2006, 04:16 PM
By the way, the other Extended Stay at NW Expressway and May Ave., and StudioPlus at NW Expressway just west of Meridian, have the same set up.

They're not too expensive.

Patrick
03-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Residence Inn on Reno is a tad bit nicer, and they also allow pets. But, they are a little more expensive.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/OKCWW

Patrick
03-11-2006, 04:19 PM
For price you're better off with Extended Stay or Studioplus. Marriott Residence Inn is $100 a night. Extended Stay has a weekly rate for $38 a night.

Patrick
03-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Here's the Pet Polocy for Extended Stay

Pet Policy

One pet is accepted per guest room. The general manager has the authority to allow additional pets per room, based on his or her own discretion.
Guests with a pet will be charged upon check-in a fee of $25 per day, up to a maximum of $75.
The guest room carpet is cleaned, all bedding is washed, and a professional exterminator treats the room after a guest with a pet checks out. Occupied guest rooms with pets are similarly cleaned monthly in the event of a long-term stay.
Please note that there is no longer a weight restriction for pets.

Jack
03-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Habana Inn has decent rates and isn't far from downtown. They have weekly rates. :)

http://www.habanainn.com/

downtownguy
03-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Jack, you are now hearby declared the board clown... wear that crown with pride!

Karried
03-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions.. I have emailed them off. I appreciate it!