View Full Version : Good Place To Eat

In_Tulsa
03-06-2006, 12:55 PM
I am going to the Nickelback concert at the Cox Convention Center. And I was wondering if you could tell me of any good places to eat that is close by. Thanks

BDP
03-06-2006, 01:11 PM
Museum Cafe
Trattoria il Centro

Jack
03-06-2006, 01:19 PM
Nonna's
Halftime Sports Grill

ksearls
03-06-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi,

Remember, there is a Hornets game tonight to it will be really busy downtown! Arrive early!

Kim

Patrick
03-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Any recommendations on how early to arrive.......Keith and I are going for the first time tonight. My wife and I are going again Friday.

escan
03-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Don't worry about it if you are going to the game. My husband and I usually pull up about 10 minutes before the game, grab a spot (under the interstate) and then go right in. It's perfect timing.

If you do eat at Trattoria....they have a complimentary shuttle that will take you to the event and then pick you up--all for the $5 valet charge! GREAT DEAL!

In Tulsa-
What kind of food will you be in the mood for? Getting ready to party food or fine dining? If you'll let me know that, I can probably make a better rec.

In_Tulsa
03-06-2006, 02:00 PM
I would like to go to a fun place. A Place Tulsa does not have. By the wat the concert is tomarrow night so maybe it won't be so busy.

escan
03-06-2006, 02:16 PM
There are lots of spots that I consider "fun" because they're great food, but if you mean a place to grab some food and throw back a few before the concert, then....here goes....The Daiquiri Zone is kinda fun, like a sports bar....great tv's in every booth; food is not incredible, though.

TapWerks is a great bar with an incredible beer selection, but the food is really not that great.

Coach's has pretty good pizza and barbeque and is a Brewery too.

The Bricktown Brewery has great BBQ (it's Jake's Ribs from Chickasha) and is a Brewery too...so you can sit by their brew tanks and have some locally made beer.

There are other places to eat, but these are all places where you can get a little crazy before the concert and not get hauled off.

If you decide you just want really great food and a more upscale atmosphere, just let me know and I'm sure I can come up with others.

ksearls
03-06-2006, 02:20 PM
Patrick,

Depends on how much cheaper, better, pregame beer you want to drink somewhere else! I say start now!

If it's your first game, make sure and be in your seats by 6:45 so you can enjoy all of the pregame hoopla and see the Hornets make their big entrance. It's really exciting and will be LOUD tonight!

Kim

Patrick
03-06-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks Kim! I'm not much into the pregame beer, so I guess I'll show up around 6PM and enjoy the sounds. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

In_Tulsa
03-06-2006, 03:34 PM
Escan can you give me some places with some great food. Thanks

escan
03-07-2006, 07:59 AM
Def. I think Nonna's is WAY overrated, but I love the Mantel. Mickey Mantle Steak House is also pretty good. Trattoria Ill Centro (in the Montgomery) is wonderful and they have that really handy shuttle so you don't have to fight parking. Da Boat is good food, but no atmosphere and Zio's has pretty good Italian for a chain.

I have to admit that I try to stay away from Bricktown unless I'm going to a Hornets game and usually eat at other places that are much better and not so..."look we're in Bricktown, we must be great!" If you'd like to veture out a little farther, Tom and Jerry's on NW 23rd is wonderful and I love Sushi Neko, Musashi's and Nova on Western.

okcpulse
03-07-2006, 10:44 AM
I second escan. Definitely the Mantel if you're in Bricktown. Trattoria Ill Centro is also a must do.

metro
03-07-2006, 01:05 PM
In Tulsa, you might want to try the Food Court forum for more ideas on this topic.

In_Tulsa
03-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all your help I am heading to OKC right now.