View Full Version : Singlehood make people gay?

Jack
03-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Ever think being single for a long period of time, and never finding a member of the opposite sex, could make a person give up and become gay?

sweetdaisy
03-06-2006, 09:44 AM
are you contemplating a lifestyle change, Jack?

Jack
03-06-2006, 09:46 AM
Nope, I'm a married man! To a woman, that is.

I've heard people say though that they became gay because they simply couldn't find a member of the opposite sex. So they "gave in."

sweetdaisy
03-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah, I don't think that's a good enough reason to switch teams. I think I'll stick with men, no matter how long my dry spell lasts...

Jack
03-06-2006, 09:57 AM
Glad to hear that sweetdaisy. You're too sweet to go the other way.

upisgr8
03-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Nope, I'm a married man! To a woman, that is.

I've heard people say though that they became gay because they simply couldn't find a member of the opposite sex. So they "gave in."

WoW!!! "Broke Back Jack" ?????????

.... story of two young men – a ranch-hand and a rodeo cowboy – who meet in the summer of 1963, and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection, one whose complications, joys and tragedies provide a testament to the endurance and power of love. Early one morning in Signal, Wyoming, Ennis del Mar and Jack Twist meet while lining up for employment with local rancher Joe Aguirre. The world which Ennis and rapidly and yet scarcely evolving. Both young men seem certain of their set places in the heartland – obtaining steady work, marrying and raising a family – and yet hunger for something beyond what they can articulate. When Aguirre dispatches them to work as sheepherders up on the majestic Brokeback Mountain, they gravitate towards camaraderie and then a deeper intimacy. At summer’s end, the two must come down from Brokeback and part ways. Remaining in Wyoming, Ennis weds his sweetheart Alma , with whom he will have two daughters as he ekes out a living. Jack, in Texas, catches the eye of a rodeo queen Lureen Newsome. Their courtship and marriage result in a son, as well as jobs in her father’s business. Four years pass. One day, Alma brings Ennis a postcard from Jack, who is en route to visit Wyoming. Ennis waits expectantly for his friend, and when Jack at last arrives, in just one moment it is clear that the passage of time has only strengthened the men’s attachment. In the years that follow, Ennis and Jack struggle to keep their secret bond alive. They meet up several times annually. Even when they are apart, they face the eternal questions of fidelity, commitment and trust. Ultimately, the one constant in their lives is a force of nature – love.

Sorry about not getting best Picy.:kicking: :LolLolLol

Oki_Man5
03-07-2006, 05:14 AM
That movie sounds sick. Why in the world would anyone make such?

Keith
03-07-2006, 03:44 PM
That movie sounds sick. Why in the world would anyone make such?
Money and controversy. You are right...it does sound sick.

okieopus
03-08-2006, 09:25 AM
People have the right to see and make what movies they want to make. Just ask Mel Gibson.

Back to topic...Oh wait, is there a point to this thread? "Does being single make you gay?"... good lord

Randy
03-08-2006, 04:13 PM
People have the right to see and make what movies they want to make. Just ask Mel Gibson.

Back to topic...Oh wait, is there a point to this thread? "Does being single make you gay?"... good lord
There sure is a point. Read the first post. Since nobody is born a homosexual, then it is safe to say that they could easily become a homosexual, especially if they are so hard up that they can't find a member of the opposite sex to go out with.

By the way, Jack, great thread.

okieopus
03-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I would like to see proof that people are not born homosexual.

I would also like to see proof that people can choose thier sexuality.

I want ojective scientific evidence, not that crap that people like the Family Research Council put out.

Show me that, and then this whole thread will be relevant.

Midtowner
03-08-2006, 05:25 PM
I would like to see proof that people are not born homosexual.

I would also like to see proof that people can choose thier sexuality.

I want ojective scientific evidence, not that crap that people like the Family Research Council put out.

Show me that, and then this whole thread will be relevant.

So I'm just going to assume that you haven't proved the opposite of what you're asking for proof on?

You should at least acknowledge that you don't have a clue what your talking about, and neither does anyone.

There are some interesting studies showing physiological anomalies in homosexual brains. Without regard to that, I think that we can all agree that there is free will and we can choose whether or not to participate/do a certain act. If it is repugnant to someone's morals, they can choose a path contrary to what they may have been 'born with.' The problem with that is that not everyone has the same moral foundation that you claim. They are not worse off, just different.

It's funny that you simply assume something that you have no clue about simply because it fits your world view. That may not be the case here, but that's certainly what it appears to be.

okieopus
03-08-2006, 06:12 PM
I certainly don't know for sure that people can or cannot change their sexuality.

However, nobody does, which makes the entire thread irrelevant.

I was merely offering the opposite to what others have been posting.

Their certainly is free will. However there is no evidence that you can or cannot choose your sexuality.

Midtowner
03-08-2006, 08:56 PM
Actually, you stated that there is evidence, you, however asserted that you don't agree with it.

Luke
03-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Assuming gays typically don't procreate and assuming genes are passed down through the generations, wouldn't it seem that the "homosexual gene" would be dying out of the human race and that the sheer number of homosexuals would reduce in number over time? However, culturally speaking, it sure does seem that gays are gaining in numbers. Just an observation.

Midtowner
03-08-2006, 09:55 PM
It could be that we're talking about a recessive gene here.

As far as your numbers argument, while it may be true that we're seeing more gays featured in our popular culture, the phenomenon is nowhere close to new and has transcended culture, race, and time.

Jack
03-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Assuming gays typically don't procreate and assuming genes are passed down through the generations, wouldn't it seem that the "homosexual gene" would be dying out of the human race and that the sheer number of homosexuals would reduce in number over time? However, culturally speaking, it sure does seem that gays are gaining in numbers. Just an observation.

Luke, you've got it. Homosexuality being a genetic biological thing doesn't make since scientifically. Through natural selection, after a few generations, the gene would die out, and we'd have go gay people. That hasn't happened. Thus, it can't be genetic, and you can't be born that way.

You become a homo by the way you were raised. If you're a guy and your mommy babied you, you become gay.

fastmoney
03-10-2006, 01:20 PM
I think this is the most f****** ridiculous bunch of crap ever posted. Jack, your thread title should have been "I am so infatuated with homosexuality that I think I must be gay" Is this your baby steps out of the closet? Were you babied by your mother or just generaly picked on for acting so go gay
... and we'd have go gay people.

Leon
03-10-2006, 07:55 PM
There are some interesting studies showing physiological anomalies in homosexual brains.

You will find "abnormal" in the definition of anomaly.

Leon
03-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I certainly don't know for sure that people can or cannot change their sexuality.

However, nobody does, which makes the entire thread irrelevant.

Their certainly is free will. However there is no evidence that you can or cannot choose your sexuality.

Visit a large church over time and you'll find formally reproductively challenged individuals there....Watch Springer and you'll find the opposite.

Leon
03-10-2006, 08:05 PM

Maybe there's just a sexual deviancy gene that sends people off in various directions. And society's acceptance of the homosexuals has encouraged more people to choose that path....but the number of deviants is actually fairly constant.

One day this society will accept other deviants too....gettin' sicker.