View Full Version : An Open Letter to OKC Talk Members

OklaCity_75
03-03-2006, 11:27 PM
To Whom It May Concern:

The last few weeks have been an awakening experience for me. I have to admit I left this site over some frivolous bovine fecal matter (for lack of a better term).

I realized I had to take care of some personal matters. In the process of tending to these so-called personal matters, my stepfather went into the hospital. We almost lost him. Thank God that he was there watching over my family and gave my stepfather to the strength to recover. Today he is back at home on the road to recovery. When something like this happens it put things in perspective. It reminds you to appreciate what you have and be patient for the things you do not have.

Long story short, I had to leave to sort some things out. It had nothing to do with anyone person, post or subject.

I would like to thank the other moderators for offering me the position as the new singles lounge moderator. I plan making the Singles Lounge something classy that welcomes everyone. My main task will be to get everyone out of the rut we are currently in.

We have to make every effort to make the Singles Lounge exciting. I look forward to further getting to know all of you.

Now lets move on have fun.

Thanks for reading,

OklaCity_75

Patrick
03-03-2006, 11:30 PM
Glad to have you back! You're a vital part of OKCTalk! Wouldn't be the same without you.

Keith
03-04-2006, 07:34 AM
To Whom It May Concern:

The last few weeks have been an awakening experience for me. I have to admit I left this site over some frivolous bovine fecal matter (for lack of a better term).

I realized I had to take care of some personal matters. In the process of tending to these so-called personal matters, my stepfather went into the hospital. We almost lost him. Thank God that he was there watching over my family and gave my stepfather to the strength to recover. Today he is back at home on the road to recovery. When something like this happens it put things in perspective. It reminds you to appreciate what you have and be patient for the things you do not have.

Long story short, I had to leave to sort some things out. It had nothing to do with anyone person, post or subject.

I would like to thank the other moderators for offering me the position as the new singles lounge moderator. I plan making the Singles Lounge something classy that welcomes everyone. My main task will be to get everyone out of the rut we are currently in.

We have to make every effort to make the Singles Lounge exciting. I look forward to further getting to know all of you.

Now lets move on have fun.

Thanks for reading,

OklaCity_75
Finding a moderator for the singles forum has been in the works for quite a while now. I have the utmost respect for OklaCity_75, and he has been a great contributor, not only by his participation on the forum, but also his monetary contributions to okctalk.

He was one of the members that donated to keep the photo gallery open. I know that he will do an outstanding job, and I would like to welcome him as moderator of the singles forum.
:welcome55

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
03-04-2006, 03:03 PM
Congrats!

Jack
03-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Welcome back. Glad you're not having the craps.

sweetdaisy
03-04-2006, 11:36 PM
Finding a moderator for the singles forum has been in the works for quite a while now. I have the utmost respect for OklaCity_75, and he has been a great contributor, not only by his participation on the forum, but also his monetary contributions to okctalk.

He was one of the members that donated to keep the photo gallery open. I know that he will do an outstanding job, and I would like to welcome him as moderator of the singles forum.
:welcome55

Funny thing...the invitation wasn't extended to any of the rest of us. Just an observation.

OklaCity_75
03-05-2006, 12:07 AM
I want everyone to know nothing will change in the forum. It will go on as usual.

The only time I will step in is when someone violates TOS just as the other mods would.

Other than that I will do everything I can to plan events and create interesting discussions.

Leon, I hope you will keep posting your thoughts and discussions.

Although, I disagree with some I still enjoy the discussion.

We need everyone to step up and post whatever is on there mind about the single life.

OklaCity_75
03-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Funny thing...the invitation wasn't extended to any of the rest of us. Just an observation.

Are you saying you have problem with me being a moderator or that you or someone else feels left out.

I know you are not my biggest fan. However, If you gave me a chance I think you would see I am open minded person. I will welcome input from all members regardless if it is positive or negative. The only thing I ask is if you have something negative to throw in follow it with a better idea.

I am going to need people to assist me in planning events and creating active threads. So let us get past any old issues that may be out there.

My goal is to make the OKC Talk Singles Lounge the place for singles to go online in OKC. I have several exciting ideas and I will present them to the other mods at our next meeting.

If anyone does feel left out, step up and get active with the threads and the planning of events.

Everyone talks about going to an event but, nobody ever comes through with an event. I plan changing that by creating a fun relaxed event we can all enjoy.

I cannot make anything happen without input from the group.

If your single check out my new discussion thread. Post your ideas and suggestions on how to make the Singles Lounge better. Suggest some activities if you have any.

Crying sour grapes is not going to make the site better.

sweetdaisy
03-06-2006, 07:12 AM
I know you are not my biggest fan.

I'm not sure why you would say this. Please don't make assumptions. For some reason you think I don't like you, etc...I've never done anything or said anything on this board to make you feel this way. This is all in YOUR head, not mine. Your repeated comments like this is beginning to annoy me, though.

I'm simply saying I think it's odd that no one else was approached about being moderator for the singles group except for the one person who often threatened to leave the site and then completely closed out his membership. It's an OBSERVATION, just as I stated in my post.

OklaCity_75
03-06-2006, 09:22 AM
Observation noted

Keith
03-06-2006, 04:32 PM
Actually, back in January, a thread was started asking for a coordinator/moderator for the singles forum. It was suggested that Leon be the coordinator since he was the most active on the forum, however, he was tied up at the time and needed to wait before he could make a decision. The floor was open.

We were waiting for one of the other singles to jump in and volunteer, but none did. On that thread, there were suggestions made as to what activities the singles could do, however, there were only three replies to the thread, and nobody else showed interest in being the singles coordinator/moderator.

http://www.okctalk.com/singles-lounge/5195-coordinator.html

Yes, "Jay" did ask for his account to be closed, mainly due to personal reasons, which he has already explained.

When we were able to contact Jay, after he closed his account, we asked him if he would be interested in coming back and being the singles coordinator/moderator. He was more than happy to do it. It was the first positive response that we'd had.

Call it paranoia or cold feet, but it seems like there are some singles that are a little skeptical about meeting face to face with other singles.

That's where Oklacity75 comes in. He is wanting to do what should have been done a long time ago.........setting up and organizing a singles get together.

We did not intend to leave anybody out, and we do apologize if we have offended anyone with our decision.

sweetdaisy
03-06-2006, 06:09 PM
The thread you referenced was regarding a Coordinator. Not a moderator. It's my understanding that there is a difference.

I didn't realize that all the Mods on this forum are in fact coordinators.

Faith
03-07-2006, 08:08 AM
What is the difference?

Randy
03-08-2006, 05:26 AM
What is the difference?
To me, they are just about the same. I really don't see where there is a problem. So what, if a member closes his account and then is asked to come back. I think the goal of this forum is to keep members, not to let them leave. Hey, if the moderators can get members to come back, more power to them.

Heck, if OklaCity_75 is the only one that seems to have interest in coordinating the singles, then more power to him. Finally, someone has the courage to step up to the plate without being begged to. Let's stop whining and support him.