View Full Version : Carnival Conquest Cruise?

Karried
03-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Anyone here like to cruise?

Has anyone been on the Conquest? I'm going in July out of Galveston with 3 other couples and our kids from CA.. wanted to know if anyone has traveled on this ship and if they enjoyed it.

Actually, I've cruised Carnival once before and wasn't that impressed ( I'm a Royal Caribbean fan) but since friends booked it, we decided to go on Carnival again.. I heard this ship was really nice but I'd like to hear from someone else who has cruised on her before.

Jack
03-03-2006, 08:39 PM
Very nice. I've never been but always wanted to go on a cruise. I hear Keith went on one recently and really enjoyed it. Lucky dude.

Karried
03-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I think cruising is a good economical way to travel especially with kids.. usually I'll book it months in advance and start saving like crazy - it gives me a goal - I learned a long time ago, if I never book and just talk about it, I won't ever go on vacation. Once it's booked, you can cancel up to a certain point but I never do.. I just start saving my pennies! and start packing.. life's too short to not travel.. If I cut back on fast food or treats or extras and put that money into a travel fund.. I'm on the beach drinking an umbrella drink before I know it!

Workman45 has a cool travel site... I've compared prices and they are good - but I booked this trip separately because of the other people had already booked with someone else.

Anyway, you can find a great cruise out of Galveston ( 7 hour drive ?) for less than $1,200.00 for two people. Depends on when you travel... if you don't have kids, go in the off season, much more fun for people without kids..

I believe in being practical but I also think it's important to reward yourself for working hard.

I always hate to hear that people want to wait until they are retired to travel. By then, it's not the same.. illness, death etc etc.. plus those bikinis just don't look the same LOL

You never know what tomorrow brings. Some people die and never ever leave their home town. I think that's sad.