View Full Version : Gassaway Arrested

Keith
03-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Yesterday, prominent attorney Mike Gassaway was arrested by OKC Police for engaging in sexual acts with one of his clients. He had offered to drop part of his fee to one of his clients if they would perform oral sex on him. When the police arrested him, he was with the client, with his pants undone and his zipper down.

The client was also an informant for the OKC Police. Gassaway claims he is innocent, so we will see. I checked News9, KFOR, and KOCO TV websites, but I could not find the story. Both News9 and KFOR aired the story. Video from KFOR shows Gassaway being released from jail after his arrest.

Whether he is innocent or guilty, it could not have happened to a "nicer" guy.:LolLolLol

Oki_Man5
03-03-2006, 05:29 AM
I kinda like Gassaway; he does not have the finesse that Alan or Denny Crain on Boston Legal has, but that is TV.

Midtowner
03-03-2006, 07:08 AM
I thought the guy had gotten his act together after being readmitted to the Bar... guess not.

Of course, Gassaway puts himself out as a public figure, (and it baffles me that the networks let him do it). Therefore, this is a news story.

OKLApi
03-05-2006, 11:27 AM
Bates has an amusing take on the situation. He thinks Gassaway was FRAMED and is supporting him. Guess it all depends on who you are as to whether or not you should be held accountable for prostituting women.

Midtowner
03-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Birds of a feather flock together.

BailJumper
04-11-2007, 08:04 AM
Bates has an amusing take on the situation.

I didn't read anything about being framed on his site (not that it isn't there, I just didn't see it), but it does seem he had a better take on it than you!

OKLApi
04-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Just because someone is not convicted by a jury does not mean that they were not guilty. Juries don't always hear the whole story. They heard only this moment in time. The jury decided that what he did was not illegal. Even his own attorney said that it was unethical and not moral. IMOA that is worse than illegal.

I am always amused by how you seem to defend Bates though, I wonder if maybe you are a friend of his. You seem to always be offended by comments made about him. If you are just say so.

writerranger
04-12-2007, 02:22 PM
I can't speak for bailjumper, but what about a DA who picks his targets by how loud they complain about him? Is there any doubt in your mind that Gassaway was not setup and entrapped by the DA's office? The jury seemed to think so.

As for Bates, he's certainly not one of my favorite people, but he was one of Lane's --- until that infamous video. After that, again, who becomes a target of the DA's office and the OKCPD? That's right -Brian Bates.

I'll be glad when the vendettas and witchhunts are off the dockets. I am sure Prater will be as well. It's time we get to prosecuting real crime in this city, and have a competent DA who makes that his focus as opposed to Lane's constant political/ego battles. I still believe Prater is the right guy to do it.

-----------------

mranderson
04-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I can't speak for bailjumper, but what about a DA who picks his targets by how loud they complain about him? Is there any doubt in your mind that Gassaway was not setup and entrapped by the DA's office? The jury seemed to think so.

As for Bates, he's certainly not one of my favorite people, but he was one of Lane's --- until that infamous video. After that, again, who becomes a target of the DA's office and the OKCPD? That's right -Brian Bates.

I'll be glad when the vendettas and witchhunts are off the dockets. I am sure Prater will be as well. It's time we get to prosecuting real crime in this city, and have a competent DA who makes that his focus as opposed to Lane's constant political/ego battles. I still believe Prater is the right guy to do it.

-----------------

Brian Bates is not a vendetta or witch hunt. He is quite guilty and one of the biggest jerks I have ever known.

writerranger
04-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Brian Bates is not a vendetta or witch hunt. He is quite guilty and one of the biggest jerks I have ever known.

Oh. Okay. Thanks for correcting me. Recently you posted that you ONLY post facts, so consider myself duly corrected. Since you KNOW that it's not a vendetta, thanks for coming here to let us all in on the FACTS. Cancel the trial - Anderson has spoken.

I said I didn't care for Brian Bates; and mranderson, whether he is a jerk has nothing to do with anything. All I know is that after his video of the cop incident, he had a bullseye on him from that moment forward.

-----------------------

BailJumper
04-12-2007, 08:07 PM
I am always amused by how you seem to defend Bates though, I wonder if maybe you are a friend of his. You seem to always be offended by comments made about him. If you are just say so.

So, if anyone defends him then they must be in his rank and file? I could turn the tables on you and ask why you seem so anti-Bates. Personally, I could care less what your connection is.

He is quite guilty

Was it not just the other day you were proclaiming "innocent until proven guilty." What a hypocrit you are.

I have no idea what all the evidence is against Bates. What I do know is that he became a target of the DA. A DA who touted daming audio evidence against him and Gassaway. Seems the Gassaway tape was alot about nothing and the jury couldn't have cared less. It will be priceless if the same happens in the Bates case.

And actually, I disagree with several people and topics on this forum, funny how it is only this topic that sticks in your craw (sp).

moose
04-12-2007, 09:11 PM
Do you have a link for this Bates video?

andy157
04-13-2007, 01:02 AM
mranderson

For the record I don't personally know, nor have I ever met Brian Bates, but I don't think I care much for him, or think much about him, and I think even less of his actions. But lets look at your statement about Mr. Bates. You proclaimed "He is quite guilty". Is he? Has he been tried and convicted? I don't know.

But I'm sure you do. Since theres so very little you don't know. But I do remember you whinning about Mr. Bates not being very nice to you. If I remember right he even banned you from posting on his web site. The nerve of that bastard. I can only assume he had no idea exactly who he was dealing with.

But I do know Brent Rinehart, and have had many dealings with him, and I don't care much for him, and trust him even less. But you seem to like him and seem to think highly of him. And thats your business. Which I care even less about. But lets see, didn't you defend Brent in another thread by rightously proclaiming.

"As far as his guilt, I will let the jury decide. As all people should. I do not try a case in the court of public opinion". I thought to myself, what a wise and profound statement from such a great mind.

Because just like you said "The United States Bill of Rights declares a person to be innocent until found guilty"

My gosh, it just dawned on me. I got off the subject of a thread again because
of BailJumper, I'm sorry. But BailJumper is right. And he hit the nail right on the
head.

PUGalicious
04-13-2007, 04:18 AM
someone else noticed that as well... glad to know I wasn't the only one...

BailJumper
04-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Do you have a link for this Bates video?

I don't remember seeing it on his site. But I'm sure it is floating around cyberspace somewhere. From what I recall it was broadcast all over the globe.

If I remember right he even banned you from posting on his web site.

Haha, Anderson was posting on the VV's website! Was he telling him to leave the hookers alone because he wants it legalized? I'd love to read his posts, are they still there? I couldn't find a forum.

andy157
04-13-2007, 11:51 AM
BailJumper

Try current events,Brain Bates Arrested,posted in #2 & #7