View Full Version : Jack

CapCom
03-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Can any one help me get Jack off the board?:Smiley173

Midtowner
03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
No offense, but someone calling for a ban of another user ought to have more than 2 months of membership under his/her belt and more than 16 posts might help as well.

Although Jack is certainly a strange bird and admittedly says some crazy stuff, I'd be more inclined to keep him around.

Patrick
03-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Although I disagree with Jack at times and don't agree with some of the tactics he uses, for the most part he follows the rules here. I personally feel that calling for the removal of a member of this forum in the arena of the public forum is a violation of the TOS. If you have a problem with a member of this forum, you need to send a PM or email to one of the moderators, and let them deal with this off the public forum.

Patrick
03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I would like the highlight the following passages from our TOS:

Do not publicly accuse another member of this message board of being a disruptor or troll. Do not try to come up with cute ways of skirting around the spirit of this rule. If you think someone is a disruptor, contact a moderator (via email, PM or LIVE CHAT) so they can deal with it, a moderator that’s currently online will be able to deal with it more expediently. Unfortunately, it has become all too common for members of this message board to label anyone with a slightly different point of view as a disruptor. We disapprove of this behavior because its intent is to stifle discussion, enforce a particular "party line," and pre-emptively label a particular point of view as inappropriate or unwelcome. This makes thoughtful and open debate virtually impossible.

If you have a problem with moderation, a moderator, another member, or an admin, or if you have a concern about a site policy, take it up with them in a PM or e-mail. You can e-mail me at todd@okctalk.com and I will work with you on a resolution. Failure to comply with this rule will get you banned.

Patrick
03-01-2006, 09:44 PM
By the way, the issue with Jack and the disrespect shown towards mranderson was handled internally.

CapCom
03-02-2006, 10:30 AM
Somebody give me a tissue please.

Patrick
03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
I'd be happy to.

BDP
03-02-2006, 11:03 AM
Jack brings up good topics for debate. Often times his topics at first seem ridiculous, but the truth is that many people have opinions on his subjects and usually an interesting discussion follows.

I am often surprised how many intenet discussions forums are moderated to avoid discussion. Thankfully, this is not one of them. IMO, banning Jack fro subjective reason would be detrimental to the board.

Patrick
03-02-2006, 11:06 AM
Jack brings up good topics for debate. Often times his topics at first seem ridiculous, but the truth is that many people have opinions on his subjects and usually an interesting discussion follows.

I am often surprised how many intenet discussions forums are moderated to avoid discussion. Thankfully, this is not one of them. IMO, banning Jack fro subjective reason would be detrimental to the board.

My sentiments exactly. I think around here we're trying to censor less, and allow more free discussion, within reason of course. Some of Jack's comments are silly, but often times if you think about them long enough they can actually bring up some good discussion. For example, take his recent topic, "What do you do on the toilet?" Many bashed this topic, but I thought it was a reasonable topic for discussion. You have to remember, you have a diversity of people on a message board. Let's try to continue to encourage that, not discourage that. If the guy clearly violates TOS, we'll act on it, otherwise, if you don't wantto participate in his threads, don't read them.

Jack
03-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks for stepping in. I admit I make controversial comments at times, but it's all in a good attempt to get people thinking. I personally feel it's rude that someone would ask for the removal of a member of this forum in the public setting. CapCom, what if I started a poll and asked for people to vote you off? I wouldn't do it out of respect, but I bet you wouldn't like it. I contribute a lot here both in participation and monetarily, and I don't appreciate your comments.

upisgr8
03-02-2006, 03:36 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/upisgr8/domesticEthug.jpg

Keith
03-02-2006, 03:49 PM
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/upisgr8/domesticEthug.jpg
I love it.

Jack
03-02-2006, 07:59 PM
upisgr8, you've called me a jack ass enough on this site. That's why I know your avatar is the latest attack on me. I think this behavior has gone way over board, and shouldn't be tolerated any longer. Name calling should not be tolerated on a message board like this.