View Full Version : I give thumbs up to OU Medical Center

Hannah
02-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Three weeks ago we had to take my daughter to the emergency room for what we thought was apendix. She did not have the normal symptoms but did have pain in her right side, she could not stand up straight. They did blood work and a CT scan and found a tumor in her abdomen. The ER doctor said we needed to take her to Childrens Hospital and I immediatly cringed at the thought of going there. She had surgery the next day and for 6 more days that was our home. I have nothing but good to say about the doctors there, everyone was great. The nursing staff are over worked but you could never tell it in their attitude. I do hope one day the build a new hospital because they need it, it is old and worn down. We should be proud we have a facility for our children when they need it. I have the utmost confidence in them.

Jack
02-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Should be the best....they have the finest doctors and the up and coming doctors there.

Subvertia
03-01-2006, 05:24 AM
I absolutely love Children's Hospital.
It is hard to navigate inside, and, to be honest, *Very* difficult to find the ER in a panicked state, but the doctor's there are absolutely amazing.

I took my 12 year old in a year ago (the day before my wedding and honeymoon trip to NYC) because he said his throat was hurting, and he was vomitting.
We waited a reasonable amount of time, about an hour, then we were seen promptly once we were back in a room. The doctor knew it was nerves, but did a very thorough exam just in case. Haha, actually, my son hasn't complained about needing to go to the hospital since then!