View Full Version : Your town?

new2ok
02-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Are the schools in Oklahoma being over populateted by students and not enough teachers? Are u keeping ur school or town 2 ur self becuse u dont want newbies moving in? Is Oklahoma open 2 new growth? Are new people treated badly when they move to Oklahoma,because they may fell outsiders are not aware of the past lost that Oklahoma has gone through? What towns around OKC are growing that are with in a 30 min drive 2&from Edmond?

jbrown84
02-28-2006, 11:22 PM
I don't think you will find that attitude at all here. Karried has moved here very recently and can probably speak better on the subject, but I think you will find everyone very friendly.

As mentioned in other threads, besides Edmond, which is growing rapidly, you have Deer Creek (not actually a town, just a school district) and Yukon which are growing a lot. Moore, to the south of Oklahoma City is also growing a lot but drive time from there to your husband's job in Edmond may be more than thirty minutes in rush hour. There is also NW Oklahoma City, which is not OKC Public Schools, but Putnam City schools. Putnam City is a pretty good district with three high schools, but not as good as Edmond or Deer Creek. Those are your best options I think as far as schools, location, and rural areas.