View Full Version : Annie Okie's Runway Cafe

metro
02-28-2006, 01:51 PM
If your ever looking for a quick bite off the beaten path in West OKC, try Annie Okie's Runway Cafe at Wiley Post airport at 5915 J.P. Rhodes Rd. Bethany, OK 73008 405-787-7732. The restaurant is located in the watch tower building right next to the runway. You can watch planes/helicopters fly in and out of the airport, some of them pulling right up the restaurant and hopping out to grab a bite.

This is my 3rd time eating here, twice for lunch, once for breakfast. The atmosphere isn't the nicest, probably hasn't been remodeled in 20 years, but is nostalgic. The cuisine is more of a "grill type" (burgers, fries, sandwiches, etc.). I had the patty melt with swiss and a side of fries (about $6). I thought it was great. Much better than a fast food place. My colleagues got the special of the day, a philly cheese steak and fries and coke for $5.95, and a cheeseburger and fries (about $6). The food was good and the atmosphere even better if your looking for something different. I'd rather support a local burger joint than say Carl's Jr.

As far as breakfast last time I went there, I had the quite unusual but good, Italian Omelette. They bake, yes bake, there omelettes in the oven instead of a fry pan. It was a little dry, and I like my omelette's dry, but it was still great. The Italian Omelette came with Italian Sausage and was smothered in marinara sauce and mozzarella. I would highly recommend it if you like omelette's. Just keep in mind they may bake it too "dry" so you might order it less done.

I give the place a 7.5 for food and a 8.5 for unique atmosphere.:tiphat: