View Full Version : Cheeseburger in Paradise

imafish
02-28-2006, 01:28 PM
I know this has been discussed under a different section, but I figure a review of the place should go in the Food Court. I went there over the weekend and I wasnt too impressed. We only had to wait 25 minutes so that was a nice change from all the horror stories of having to wait over an hour. The atmosphere is really cool. My date said it reminded him of being in Key West again. There was live music, not too bad, lots of Jimmy Buffett songs. Bar menu was pretty extensive. I got the jerk chicken wrap, not quite what I expected. I asked our waiter if it was spicy at all even telling him that I am wimp when it comes to spicy stuff and he assured me it wasnt hot at all. He was wrong, it was spicy. But my b/f said he couldnt taste anything spicy, but like I said I am a wimp. It came with a side of sweet potato chips which were amazing. I like them better than french fries, but not many restaurants serve them. My other half got the El Cubano, i think he enjoyed. The best was dessert and it was hard to decide, they all sounded pretty good. We got the chocolate nachos, AMAZING!! Fried Flour and Chocolate Tortilla triangles with chocolate sauce, sprinkles and strawberries. It also came with 3 kinds of ice cream: strawberry, banana, and pecan. Definitely will be going back just for these. :cool18:

metro
02-28-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm moving this review from another thread.

I tried Cheeseburgers in Paradise last night. I have to say I have plans to go back when it's a bit less crazy - this review probably isn't all that accurate since we sat in the bar to eat (so crowded - I felt uncomfortable having everyone standing around staring while I stuffed my face!)

We arrived at 6:15 Friday night - first mistake - wait was 90 minutes.. so we headed to the bar to grab a drink... and drinks they have. My second mistake was having a huge drink called Cheeseburger in Paradise - it included pina colada, strawberry daquiri, rum runner all layered in a pretty glass. I really felt it was a glorified smoothy - it tasted great but I didn't think there was too much alcohol in it. At least I didn't taste it or feel it. And it was a big drink.. so by the time my food arrived, I was stuffed!

The service was great.. very friendly. I had a Talapia fish sandwich... I'm not picky but I can't stand pickles so I said 'no pickles'.......lo and behold - pickles and pickle juice all over my sandwich - that kind of ruined of the taste for me - plus I like breaded fish sandwiches and this was grilled so imagine my consternation as I ate surrounded by hoardes of people watching me eat a huge fish sandwich that proceeded to drip and ooze fish and pickle juice all over my chin, plate and table.. LOL not a pretty sight.

Anyway, I'm going back to sit in the restaurant on a weeknight and will order a light beer and a Mushroom Swiss burger. I'll let you know how that goes.

sweetdaisy
02-28-2006, 01:41 PM
I'm going tonite. I'll give you my review tomorrow. :)

downtownguy
02-28-2006, 07:31 PM
My recent visit was terrible. Horrible wait, terrible service, overated food and high prices. Was so turned off by it all that the only decent thing about it, the live music, was beyond enjoyment. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Jack
02-28-2006, 08:04 PM
Went tonight. The place was absolutely horrible. Food was horrific. McDonalds is better. Service took forever. Atompsere was the only thing I liked.

This place will only last 6 months, at best.

Midtowner
02-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Jack = munchies.

Jack
02-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Jack = munchies.

I'll pay you to go to Cheesebrgers in Paradise to keep from going back there.

sweetdaisy
03-01-2006, 10:03 AM
I went last nite with a friend of mine and thought it was a pretty decent time. The wait REALLY sucked, so we ended up sitting at the bar, which was alright. The bartender was very attentive so our service was great. They offered plates of "appetizers" for those of us sitting in the foyer waiting for a table, which I thought was a great idea. That really helped take the edge off. In addition, the food was pretty good, though I didn't have enough "room" for the Chocolate Nachos (which I really wanted to try!) I think this place will start becoming more popular once the weather gets nicer and the patios start being put to use. All in all, I would go back.

sweetdaisy
03-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Went tonight. The place was absolutely horrible. Food was horrific. McDonalds is better. Service took forever. Atompsere was the only thing I liked.

This place will only last 6 months, at best.

Jack, was that you last nite wearing the T-shirt that said "This is what Cool looks like"? ;)

Jack
03-01-2006, 11:23 AM
I was actually dressed in shirt and tie.

Jack
03-01-2006, 11:25 AM
I think this place will start becoming more popular once the weather gets nicer and the patios start being put to use.

If they get their slow service issues worked out, and crappy food improved.

Patrick
03-11-2006, 01:02 PM
My wife and I actually attempted to go to this restaurant today. Atmosphere was very cool! I like the island look. BUT, we didn't eat there. We walked in and the place smelled like a mix between rotten eggs and spoiled beef. We left.

Patrick
06-13-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, we actually ate there last night. I guess they've gotten their problems fixed, because we were actually quite impressed. We both got the Bacon Cheeseburger with French Fries. Thought it was pretty tasty. Better than our trip to Red Robin recently. But, I haven't commented on that yet.

John
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
I've been to CiP between 5 and 10 times since they've opened.

The burgers, fries, sweet potato chips, etc have all been very good and consistent every time.

Their drinks are worth the trip. Great bar staff.

If you haven't been yet, you should check it out.

fromdust
06-14-2006, 06:48 PM
red robin is better