View Full Version : Daddy Hinkles

Faith
02-27-2006, 08:38 AM
I had my son's 1st birthday party/dinner at Daddy Hinkles on Saturday. Daddy Hinkles is in bricktown just above Bourbon Street Cafe. The food was good and the server was alright. I was very pleased with the manager. She accomodated all my needs for the party and was very professional.

metro
02-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Can you comment more on your experience?? Particularly the menu and pricing? What did you all order and what was everyone's response to their food?

Faith
02-27-2006, 10:59 AM
The pricing was fairly expensive. I had a cheesburger and it was okay. I would compare it to Chile's. My husband and father-in-law had steaks. They said they were really good and cooked just the way they wanted. My husband did say the steak was more expensive than most places but I didn't look at the price or ounces. I was busy with all the people that showed up and making sure all the party stuff went smoothly.

Everyone else I talked with ( we had a party of about 14 adults and 9 children) were pleased with the taste of their food. We had a private room set up and the restaurant accomodated to all my needs for an area to open presents to the knife for the cake. My sister said her drink never got refilled though. And a few people didn't realize the gratuity was added. But overall it was a good experience and a fun party for my son.

Faith
02-27-2006, 11:00 AM
To see the menu you can go to their website at www.daddyhinkles.com

metro
02-27-2006, 01:42 PM
Thanks okcgoddess!

escan
02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Hmmm/....the steaks look really reasonable to me. Was it busy? I've heard a couple of people who didn't like it, but I chalked it up to "the new restaraunt, haven't caught their stride yet".

escan
02-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Hmmm/....the steaks look really reasonable to me. Was it busy? I've heard a couple of people who didn't like it, but I chalked it up to "the new restaraunt, haven't caught their stride yet".

Curt
02-27-2006, 02:22 PM
I ate there when I was in town last time. I sat at the bar since I was alone and the two ladies behind the bar took very good care of me and were friendly, the service was great as was the food itself.I did not think it was too overly priced at all.

Faith
02-27-2006, 02:58 PM
I don't think they were all that busy. We were in a private room though. When I walked out there was plenty of empty tables. The manager told me they had only been there about a year. I had never heard of this restaurant before. I just happened to come across it in the phone book.

metro
02-27-2006, 03:53 PM
Yes, it has been there about a year, it replaced the much missed LOTUS, which was an Asian American-fusion restaurant and Sushi-Bar.

fromdust
02-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Yes, it has been there about a year, it replaced the much missed LOTUS, which was an Asian American-fusion restaurant and Sushi-Bar.

that place was so awesome.

escan
02-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Gosh I miss Lotus. I never, ever had bad food there. Bad service? Yes, but never bad food. Their brunch was incredible and I liked their sushi much more than Neko. Instead....we get yet another steak house. Great.