View Full Version : Cremation Sin?

Karried
02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Okay... I'm so pissed off so please keep that in mind when reading.

My cousin just lost her 23 year old son ( drugs/seizure in rehab) and the Mom, ( my aunt who I don't know very well but is a certified nut job) told her that even though she can't afford a burial ( and of course didn't offer to pay for it) that...

Cremation is a sin ...

Can you imagine??? The pain of losing a son and your own mother says she read it in the Bible that cremation will cause eternal damnation or something to that effect..

Why did God give people like this mouths?

I researched it.. most loving non-judgemental Christians say that God would understand if you don't have the money for a casket and burial. Crap like this kills me. This judgmental b.s. ruins religion for me. She is a horrible mean spirited person - I can't believe anyone would say that to a grieving mother who just lost a child, especially her own daughter who is so much pain.

Have you been taught that cremation is evil? This is the first I've heard of it.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Cremation is not a sin. Sounds like another man-made law to me.

Curt
02-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Cremation is definately not a sin in my eye..My mom was cremated and I am sure she is doing just fine.

Keith
02-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Okay... I'm so pissed off so please keep that in mind when reading.

My cousin just lost her 23 year old son ( drugs/seizure in rehab) and the Mom, ( my aunt who I don't know very well but is a certified nut job) told her that even though she can't afford a burial ( and of course didn't offer to pay for it) that...

Cremation is a sin ...

Can you imagine??? The pain of losing a son and your own mother says she read it in the Bible that cremation will cause eternal damnation or something to that effect..

Why did God give people like this mouths?

I researched it.. most loving non-judgemental Christians say that God would understand if you don't have the money for a casket and burial. Crap like this kills me. This judgmental b.s. ruins religion for me. She is a horrible mean spirited person - I can't believe anyone would say that to a grieving mother who just lost a child, especially her own daughter who is so much pain.

Have you been taught that cremation is evil? This is the first I've heard of it.
Cremation is definitely not a sin. There are many people who can't afford a normal burial, so cremation is another option. There is nothing in the Bible that says cremation is a sin.

bandnerd
02-26-2006, 07:38 PM
It's just a body at that point, you're not burning their soul into hell or anything.

Midtowner
02-27-2006, 07:11 AM
Is burning trash a sin?

ibda12u
02-27-2006, 08:05 AM
Many people have come to this conclusion based on the commandments to bury the dead, instead of leaving them unburied, such as if someone was hung upon a tree. Deut 21 commands that they not be left on the tree, but to be buried the same day. But even more so people assume burial only because of a assumption about resurrection for final judgement.

Acts 24:15 "And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust."

Also 1 Thess 4:13-18
"But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

I truly believe that there is a final judgement where those alive and well as those who have died will be judged, but NOWHERE does it state the dead will be returned to their original earth and flesh dirt body. If this was the case, what about christian marty's burned at the stake? Those in may have tragically suffered accidental death by fire or some type of explosion? Are they automatically excluded from heaven? What if someone is lost at sea? are they too in default? I think not. Science proves that unless some type of fossilization occurs all flesh and bones eventually decay.

Superstition combined with man's assumptions is in my opinion why people believe this. It's someone's teaching, but not backed by in context study of the scripture.

ibda12u
02-27-2006, 08:07 AM
And yes Midtowner, burning trash on burn ban days is a sin.
Because we are to obey the law of the land where it doesn't go against God's Law.

(I'm kidding with you man, just had to do it :) )

bandnerd
02-27-2006, 09:08 AM
So if it was a sin, would it be a sin for the person burned or for the person doing the burning?

Dead bodies don't really get so much of a say-so. Just curious.

Midtowner
02-27-2006, 09:11 AM
And if it's a sin.. and you're protestant, you're either one of Calvin's pre-selected or you're saved by faith alone.. So who cares about sin???

asta2
02-27-2006, 03:20 PM
My mom died last Easter and wanted to be cremated. She was a very religious Christian woman. I was happy to give her the funeral that she wanted. We had her divided up into 6 tiny erns. The family each took a bit of her. Her ashes are in France, Cancun, Greece, Greenleaf lake here in OK and a few other places. That was what she wanted.

There's a new business here called OK Cremations. They are running some tv but you can be cremated for under $600. They have a niche in the market.

Curt
02-27-2006, 03:28 PM
[QUOTE=asta2] Her ashes are in France, Cancun, Greece, Greenleaf lake here in OK and a few other places. That was what she wanted.

QUOTE]
And that is what matters the most, to at least try to fullfil a dying persons wish.Been there.

Jack
02-27-2006, 08:30 PM
You can cremate someone a lot cheaper in your charcoal grill. Save your money and use the grill.

GrandMaMa
03-07-2006, 02:50 PM
You can cremate someone a lot cheaper in your charcoal grill. Save your money and use the grill.

Just don't do it on a burn ban day :LolLolLol

GrandMaMa
03-07-2006, 02:56 PM
You know, that's how so much of the so-called, word of god has evolved. People who have no idea of local idioms haven;t a clue as to what is really meant by some sayings...just like, bury the dead...it doesn't mean as opposed to hanging them on a tree, it means, forget them, settle it, be done with it..just like bury the hatchett. So much is symbolic when written and the taken literally when translated..no one really knows...