View Full Version : You have any Superstitions?

Oki_Man5
02-26-2006, 06:31 AM
I catch myself all the time when walking with someone---nearly always with my wife---that I won't allow myself to go on different sides of a pole or whatever; if I find myself going on opposite sides even though I have already passed the pole, etc, I will backtrack and go on the side my walking partner went on.

How about you---any superstitions?

mranderson
02-26-2006, 07:04 AM
Upon boarding an airplane, I pat the outside of it for good luck.

sweetdaisy
02-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Ooh...this should be a very interesting thread! I'd love to see what other's superstitions are.

Me, I do the normal "don't walk under a ladder" kind of stuff. Don't step on cracks in the sidewalk, etc.

Oki_Man5
02-26-2006, 10:20 AM
Step on a crack and break your Grandma's back?

Ladders here too, and black cats crossing the road in front of me; I will almost either wait for someone else to erase the cat or I will turn back or take another route if possible. Only at a dire time will I go forward with that black cat's having crossed.

sweetdaisy
02-26-2006, 10:25 AM
I hold no superstitions when it comes to cats...they are darling, misunderstood animals that have no evil powers (except for maybe my Pugsley) so a little black kitty crossing the path is fine with me.

I think most of my quirks are more likely defined as slightly "obsessive compulsive". Now THAT would be interesting to hear about too! People's compulsions to repeatedly do the same things. :D I'm a compulsive list maker. (Ack! I just outed myself!)

Oki_Man5
02-26-2006, 10:26 AM
What kind of lists?

sweetdaisy
02-26-2006, 10:30 AM
Shopping lists, "To do" lists at work, lists of chores to do for the weekend...If I'm traveling, I make a list of what to pack. It's a sickness, I know...I'm overly organized. :D

Sorry, I took us off topic. Back to superstitions!!!

Oki_Man5
02-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I count things---everything---turns of a wrench, anything I am picking up, my money LOL which I have none of, so that is a short count, I just count everything.

Me too on off topic

Oki_Man5
02-26-2006, 10:52 AM
On Topic now!

If I see a penny on the street or whereever---No, not in your house or the store unless it is obviously a lost penny in the store---I pick it up, but it cannot be spent.

I do not mean I steal pennies, now. Gosh! Seems a guy has to clarify so much.

sweetdaisy
02-26-2006, 11:12 AM
OOH! I forgot about the penny thing. I also pick up pennies.

"Find a penny, pick it up, all day long, you'll have good luck!"

Midtowner
02-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Step on a crack and break your Grandma's back?

Ladders here too, and black cats crossing the road in front of me; I will almost either wait for someone else to erase the cat or I will turn back or take another route if possible. Only at a dire time will I go forward with that black cat's having crossed.

Any advice for the owner of a black cat?

I own one, and my luck has been just fine.

Oki_Man5
02-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Just do not let it cross the road in front of you, or you are in for it.

Karried
02-26-2006, 06:36 PM
Keep your kitty inside especially on Halloween.

Curt
02-26-2006, 06:37 PM
I dont make up lies about a family member or friend being sick or dead just to get out of doing something.

I want my old lottery tickets back when I have them checked at the store.