View Full Version : Randy Hogan is a joke

Pages : [1] 2

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:06 PM
In this thread we discuss how much of a laughingston suburbian Lower Bricktown is and how we only wis David Cordish would've been given a crack to develop Lower Bricktown.

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Here's Cordish's latest development in KC: http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com/Website/overview.htm

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Here's the string of posts I pulled from another thread :

While trying to remember who Moshe is (I was still in high school at the time) I came across the following website.

http://www.capitalismcenter.org/Initium/09-15-03.htm

Does that pretty much sum up the whole issue with him?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting article. Of course there's no mention of the bigger picture regarding Tal's proposal and why it (at least in part) was not chosen.

And he's completely misleading when he says that MAPS could have been done privately. We had to have the publicly funded projects as a catalyst to private development.

What was the bigger picture of Tal's proposal?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well like you I was in high school at the time, but basically he had this huge proposal including an indoor mall I believe, and he supposedly had all these foreign or east coast investors (why he didn't need public funds) but he would never name who they were and he basically never could back his plan up with real money and finally OCURA gave up on him.

Did I get it right, those who know?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moshe Tal's plan was going to be developed along with David Cordish, one of the finest redevelopers of entertainment space in the US. Their plan was to build a three level mall similar to a Galleria style mall, complete with stores like Gucci, Nordstroms, Saks, etc. The mall would've had a smaller 10-12 screen theater on the south side. A parking garage would've been built just to the south of what is the present day Harkins Theater. Cordish had deals from Hard Rock and ESPN Zone to develop here, as those are part of his general portfolio. Hard Rock was to be located where the Sonic building currently sits. ESPN Zone would've been closer to where Toby Keith's is located.

The mall would've stretched from the areas where Hogan is building the 5 story building, around to where the theater and Toby Keith's is located. In the other direction, it would've stretched around across the canal, to approx. where the Sonic Office Building now sits This is just to give you a general idea.

The mall would've been around 2 million square feet, possibly more.

On the east side of the canal, around the Bass Pro area we would've had a Country Music Complex, probably about the size of Bass Pro.

An Arts and Crafts Village was proposed as was the home for the International Gymnastics Hall of Fame, which would've been a much nicer facility than where they're currently located.

Problem was Moshe Tal always said most of his backing was coming from "foreign investors." Who those were, he'd never elaborate on. He also had a couple of letters of financial acceptance/support with Bank One and some other bank.

I think the city was a little concerned about the fact that he was not a developer, and had little to know experience. Also, they were concerned that he was only in this to benefit his existing land, where TK7 Technologies, his business now sits.

I would've liked to have seen him given a chance, especially since Cordish was in the picture. But, one other concern that was always brought up was why Cordish would've been interested in helping Moshe out.

The city did screw him to some extent. Cordish was on his way to OKC to meet with Mayor Humphreys, and they cancelled the meeting while Cordish was in the air on his way here. Needless to say, Cordish himself doesn't have a very good taste in his mouth when it comes to OKC.

BTW, I used to have pictures, but discarded them a few years back....didn't think I'd ever need them again. Sometimes I wish I still had them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Talk about burning bridges with Cordish.

------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, remember that Cordish fellow? The developer we turned away? Look at what he's doing in downtown Kansas City, MO.

visitkc.com/media_room/whats_new/index.cfm?page=kc_live.htm"]

Even if Moshe Tal didn't have the funds to back it up, Cordish was at least interested. Maybe we could've found a way to work with him. But I digress.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a great reminder of how bad Lower Bricktown was screwed up. I fully understand your apathy. I just think it's good to keep pointing it out until these developers and OCURA finally get it. If you don't develop our prime land in a comprehensive and forward thinking way, you lose both competitive position and that land forever. It's a lot harder and takes a lot longer to fix once its built than to wait and do it right the first time.

hopefully, one day soon the area east of Bricktown can be developed in a more competent manner.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reading these posts have made me realize something: I could care less about what happens to "lower" Bricktown anymore. Bass Pro is what ruined it for me. I guess I've just never felt that a huge log-cabin type structure containing a store specializing in such things as camouflaged hunting jackets, stink bait and deer pee belonged in the downtown of a major city.

Am I surprised? No. I knew this would happen with Hogan as a developer. This is Oklahoma after all. Incompetant people run the show here on so many levels.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, remember that Cordish fellow? The developer we turned away? Look at what he's doing in downtown Kansas City, MO.

visitkc.com/media_room/whats_new/index.cfm?page=kc_live.htm

Even if Moshe Tal didn't have the funds to back it up, Cordish was at least interested. Maybe we could've found a way to work with him. But I digress
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hear ya. I was the man that preached that we needed to dump Hogan and reconsider Moshe. But, everyone said I was crazy.

By the way, this plan looks very much like his Power Plant Development in Baltimore. Very upscale and trendy!

Here's the website for the district Cordish is developing in KC: http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com/Website/overview.htm

While Randy is getting us 30 or 40 lofts, Cordish is building 1200 lofts, an urban grocery store, art galleries, bookstores, a health club, tons of restaurants, etc.

Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke. Let me say it again. Randy Hogan is a joke.

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:23 PM
A little about the Cordish Company: http://www.powerandlightdistrict.com/Website/aboutCordish.htm

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:24 PM
Funny thing is one of the few reasons OCURA could come up with for not choosing Tal/Cordish was that the project was "too ambitious." Yup, they actually said that. At the time though, you have to remember Bricktown was still in its infancy. So people did probably think it was too ambitious. This was back in the early 90's afterall.

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Here's Cordish's website: http://www.cordish.com/

Decious
02-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Patrick, you're killing me dude. I'm pro OKC, but lower Bricktown is :lame: Oh, what could have been.....Sigh.

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:40 PM
When you go to Cordish's website, click on New Developments. Check out Ballpark Village in St. Louis, and his original, the Powerplant in Baltimore. Absolutely beautiful. What he's going to be doing in KC isn't too shabby either. Seems like all of his projects comes with at least 1200 residential units. Hogan should be ashamed of himself.

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
Here's a pic of the Powerplant in Baltimore:

http://www.cordish.com/images/developments/pier4_g03.jpg

okcpulse
02-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Hmmm... Belle Isle Power Plant could have... should have... would have!

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Looking at Randy's site plan: http://lowerbricktown.com/zoomimage.html

I must say I'm appalled. I can't believe all of the surface parking is goig to remain. Heck, he's about done with his end of the project. Good! Let's get him out of here and get a decent developer in to finish up what Randy screwed up.

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:57 PM
I'm also appalled that this building has stucco on the top three levels.

http://lowerbricktown.com/building1.pdf

Patrick
02-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Is anyone else appalled here?

Mick Cornett? Are you listening? Lower Bricktown is a joke! It's Memorial Road, only a canal is there in place of the road.

Midtowner
02-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Actually, I think Lower Bricktown has more vacancy than Memorial Road...

Pete
02-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Speaking of Belle Isle, the loss of that property in favor of a hideous Wal-Mart center is every bit as bad as what has happened in Lower Bricktown.

I love OKC as much as anyone but we've really screwed up the opportunity to keep and ehance the few pieces of property around town with any real character.

As for LB, I have to agree with everyone else that it's not only a huge disappointment, it's an opportunity that is now gone forever.

okcpulse
02-24-2006, 02:45 PM
I wouldn;t say it's gone forever. Just for now. And that's too bad. Now our foucs needs to be on cleaning house with OCURA, weeding out the nonvisionaries and set seom VERY STRINGENT standards on the entire core of Oklahoma City, downtown, Arts District, Bricktown and what's south of I-40.

Now, not too stringent to where it scares away every potential developer... just those that love surface parking and cheap stucco. This has to be citizen-driven, and a cause that will not lose energy.

I had a difficult time getting Oklahoma City Beautiful on board with planting trees along Lake Hefner Parkway, at least I didn;t get a response from them. Now that I am in Texas, I will still try.

What can we really do to run out every substandard developer that wants to be in Bricktown? How loud can we scream. Better yet, how much more loud?

BG918
02-24-2006, 04:06 PM
The best thing to do, outside of buying the land yourself and developing something urban, is to keep writing OCURA, your city councilors, the mayor, etc. and let them know developers should not be calling the shots in the urban districts of OKC. Give them examples of larger, progressive cities that through enforced codes have better developed their urban areas. Bricktown still has a chance to be a quality urban district if those surface lots are developed and we start adding more retail and apartments, but it won't happen with Hogan around or codes that let him get away with it.

John
02-24-2006, 04:46 PM
There is still hope that someone like Cordish can still make a big impact in OKC (if he doesn't have a sour taste in his mouth, still) in the area between the present day and relocated I-40.

The new gateway to downtown (along with the Triangle) has a chance to be something special, as long as we keep Hogan, Henderson, Box and the 'good ol' boys' from OCURA from screwing anything up!

HOT ROD
02-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Amen brother!

Here, here!

writerranger
02-24-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm afraid OCURA doesn't care, as long as you have the money to slide in their pockets. There are a couple of exceptions, but unfortunately they do not a majority make. OCURA needs a Grand Jury investigation. And yes, Patrick, Hogan's "vision" for Lower Bricktown is embarrassing.

Nuclear_2525
02-24-2006, 10:20 PM
yeah, other areas can be done right, but remember, that Bricktown is where most tourist are going to be becuase of Ford Center, Btown Ballpark, Myriad and the Cox. Too bad that this is some of the ugliest downtown development I have ever seen...Edmond is putting in much MUCH better quality developments than what is going in Bricktown...sad

John
02-24-2006, 11:00 PM
And yes, Patrick, Hogan's "vision" for Lower Bricktown is embarrassing.

I think Ray Charles had better 'vision' than Randy Hogan! :LolLolLol

diesel
02-25-2006, 08:10 AM
So does this Randy Hogan guy know that he is an idiot or are we just spewing off to each other for the sake of being pissed off?!?! Why doesn't someone give out his email address and send him some email concerning his dumbass moves?

John
02-25-2006, 10:36 AM
So does this Randy Hogan guy know that he is an idiot or are we just spewing off to each other for the sake of being pissed off?!?! Why doesn't someone give out his email address and send him some email concerning his dumbass moves?

randy.hogan@worstdeveloperever.org

I really have no idea ;)

jbrown84
02-25-2006, 12:57 PM
Funny thing is one of the few reasons OCURA could come up with for not choosing Tal/Cordish was that the project was "too ambitious." Yup, they actually said that. At the time though, you have to remember Bricktown was still in its infancy. So people did probably think it was too ambitious. This was back in the early 90's afterall.

Perhaps they were thinking of the failed Galleria mall project or the failed Century Center mall project. But that just means they didn't have the vision that people like Cornett have.

Looking at what we could have had with Cordish, it makes me want to cry--seriously.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:17 PM
There is still hope that someone like Cordish can still make a big impact in OKC (if he doesn't have a sour taste in his mouth, still) in the area between the present day and relocated I-40.

The new gateway to downtown (along with the Triangle) has a chance to be something special, as long as we keep Hogan, Henderson, Box and the 'good ol' boys' from OCURA from screwing anything up!

You'll never see Cordish step foot in Oklahoma again.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:19 PM
If you want Randy's email, send me a PM. I don't really feel it's fair to post it here.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Perhaps they were thinking of the failed Galleria mall project or the failed Century Center mall project. But that just means they didn't have the vision that people like Cornett have.

Looking at what we could have had with Cordish, it makes me want to cry--seriously.

Again, I think the issue with Bricktown2000 wasn't Cordish, it was Tal. It was the claimed financing he had. And at that time, you have to remember, Bricktown was next to nothing and I don't think the city was big on taking chances. This was shortly after the oil bust, and all of the failed projects that resulted from that.

So they may have just gone with Hogan because he did have the financial backing of Stonegate Corp, then known as Torchmark Development Corp (which at that time was a subsidiary of the Fortune 500 Torchmark Corp....something Randy really stressed in his presentations).

I think Randy is a blow hard. That sums it up.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:22 PM
Right now, I think we really need to push Randy on that 5 story building he has proposed. This could easily be a 10-15 story building with 100+ lofts, instead of 30 lofts. And it could have more brick.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm going to move this to the OKC Metro Talk forum, because I want it to get more exposure, and he's a city-wide developer.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:25 PM
All I have to say is if I'm wanting a nice urban enterainment district developed, I'm calling Cordish. If I want a suburban row of restaurants......well, I'm still calling Cordish. Hogan has always had a huge mouth. Where Moshe Tal almost got him was when Hogan stated that he could finance every square inch of the development and lease it back to the tenants. Tal asked Randy, if he made that statement, why he couldn't finance Bass Pro and lease it back to Bass Pro. Why did he have to get public financing? I think Tal had a valid question.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Here's an interesting discussion I had with another member of this forum:

I agree. I wish someone would understand that Randy's work isn't all it's cracked up to be. I guess it's nice for OKC, but I just think we could've gotten a better development. Shoot if Wichita can create a nice Old Town District, I don't know why we're having such a difficult time. It's good ole boy politics that's held us back for years. At least we're ahead of Tulsa in that area.

Definitely. I respect Wichita for making sure that the visionaries were on the same page with developers. Some of (but not all) Oklahoma City's leaders simply ate what Randy Hogan fed them. I consider it a learning lesson. Now that we see what we couldn't then, we know what not to permit.

Remember, that development could always change. It's easy to wipe out that surface parking when we get someone progressive and powerful enough to do so.

I challenge Hogan to come on this forum and explain to us why he thought that this substandard concept was for the good of the city. He had the keys to the kingdom, and he flushed his opportunity.

I've actually talked to him about all of that before.
He always dodges the questions. Anyhow, he said the reason for the surface parking was that he had to guarantee his tenants a certain number of parking places. When asked about why he just didn't build a parking garage, he told me that was too expensive. Way more expensive than surface parking. Which is true. There's really no one forcing him to change his plans. He only answers to OCURA and they're part of the good ole boys. Have to remember, Randy and Fred Jones Hall are partners on the East Wharf Development.

Also, he's never really had a plan.....he's just thrown stuff together to meet various deadlines. The only one that ever had a comprehensive plan developed up, was Tal.

Patrick
02-26-2006, 03:48 PM
You can also visit this thread to see what has been discussed before: http://www.okctalk.com/bricktown-wired/2250-lower-bricktown-what-we-were-promised.html

Patrick
02-26-2006, 05:55 PM
Looking at pictures of Moshe Tal just makes me change my mind again, reminding me how big of a nut this guy is....He's the guy in the middle....he's protesting the Bass Pro deal.

http://www.oklahomacapitalist.com/basspropic3large.jpg

HOT ROD
02-27-2006, 12:07 AM
I see nothing wrong with protesting the BP deal. I mean, talk about taxpayer fraud.

I know OKC was in a desparate situation, but come on.. A fishing store downtown????

If OKC was going to subsidize something, they should have shot for something the state does not have, namely an answer to Saks (in Tulsa) - which should have been Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus!

BP should be at lake Hefner or Overholser!!!!

Too bad Tal made enemies of the good ole boys (even the goodie too shoes courts ruled against him). Hopefully as the city grows, it will learn to listen more to reason instead of accepting mediocracy.

I mean, how stupid was it for them to have only a 75 mile exclusion zone for BP!!! I mean, where did they think competition would come from, Kingfisher OK?? The exclusion zone should have been the state!

:elmer3:

John
02-27-2006, 01:19 AM
I agree with everything HOT ROD said.

We got screwed in a lot of ways on the BP deal.

Midtowner
02-27-2006, 07:09 AM

Reminds me of the movie "Amadeus" when the Emporer tells Mozart that his opera was great, but there were just "Too many notes."

Midtowner
02-27-2006, 07:10 AM
I see nothing wrong with protesting the BP deal. I mean, talk about taxpayer fraud.

I know OKC was in a desparate situation, but come on.. A fishing store downtown????

If OKC was going to subsidize something, they should have shot for something the state does not have, namely an answer to Saks (in Tulsa) - which should have been Nordstrom or Neiman Marcus!

BP should be at lake Hefner or Overholser!!!!

Too bad Tal made enemies of the good ole boys (even the goodie too shoes courts ruled against him). Hopefully as the city grows, it will learn to listen more to reason instead of accepting mediocracy.

I mean, how stupid was it for them to have only a 75 mile exclusion zone for BP!!! I mean, where did they think competition would come from, Kingfisher OK?? The exclusion zone should have been the state!

:elmer3:

It was given such prime real-estate due to the fact that the Gaylord Entertainment has/had a 1/3 stake in Bass Pro.

Does it make sense now?

metro
02-27-2006, 08:22 AM
I agree with HOT ROD

Patrick
02-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Here are the boys to contact at Stonegate-Hogan.

Randy Hogan: rhogan@stonegate-hogan.com

David Harper: dharper@stonegate-hogan.com

I wouldn't have listed the email addresses, but I noticed they had them listed on the Lower Bricktown website, so I figure I had nothing to lose.

Patrick
02-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Randy's personal number is 607-8397

metro
02-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Thanks Patrick. It's been long overdue for Randy to hear what the general public thinks about his Lower Bricktown. I think too often a times, these developers and the good ole boys' think the general public is uneducated or uninvolved. While there is a lot of work to be done on this front, the advent of the internet has educated the general citizen more than they realize.

Patrick
02-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Please let me know what response you get from Randy. If you email Randy, I'd CC your emails to the mayor. I'm sure he'd like to hear them.

Patrick
02-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Here's an email one of our members wrote to Randy:

Randy Hogan,

I'd like to begin by complimenting you on bringing the much needed foot traffic to provide the shot in the arm that Bricktown needed. You brought life south of Reno, which is no longer an empty field.

However, Lower Bricktown is simply that... no longer an empty field. It could have been a landmark development that would have elevated Bricktown to the next level in urban living. I see from your master plan that surface parking will not be replaced by further development. I understand that parking garages are much more expensive. However, surface parking can be moved out of sight, and your entire development could eventually afford a parking garage.

It is critical that development in Bricktown is considered fourth-dimensionally... that is... laying a good foundation for dense, urban development that will continue to change Oklahoma City's image. You, among other developers have an opportunity to create a classy urban setting for Oklahoma City. A succussful urban development project may be a bit pricey, however it does pay dividends. Lower Bricktown deserves the type of atmosphere experienced in the original portion of Bricktown, specifically along the upper canal. Please consider this and consider growing Lower Bricktown in to a first class attraction.

Thank you for your time,

Patrick
02-27-2006, 07:47 PM
Please feel free to post your emails publicly once you've sent them to Randy Hogan.

Patrick
03-02-2006, 05:43 PM
I sent Randy an email and lit into him a bit. I hope others will follow suit.

Patrick
03-02-2006, 07:47 PM
Here's the latest email I sent Randy:

Hey Randy,

I wanted to let you know that your proposed residential building for Lower Bricktown concerns me. First off, you're only adding 30 residential units to the area. You and I both know that the demand for residential space downtown is better than that. Just look at how well Deep Deuce does. Why don't you think a little more ambitious??? Instead of a 5 story structure, why not go with a 10 story structure with 70+ units? Or how about a 15 story structure with 130 units??? Again, you know the demand is there.

It also concerns me that you're diluting the overall "Brick"town concept by going with stucco on most of your buildings. Come on Randy....put more brick on that building, and others you propose. Let's build something that we can all be proud of, instead of continuing to spread suburbia in an area that should be urban.
In all seriousness, your development is starting to look like something out on Memorial Rd. This is supposed to be an urban development with density. I'm just not seeing that.

Also, I know I've mentioned this to you before, as have many other people. I realize you have to guarantee parking places for your tenants, but Randy, this is downtown, not Memorial Rd. Surface parking is suburban.

If you're going to create a real destination here, and not some 2nd rate development, you're going to have to add some density to your development.

Why don't you get Hammons to build an Embassy Suites over on the Harkins Parking lot, and he can build a parking garage, which can serve the hotel and the other Lower Bricktown merchants? That's what Hammons did over at the Courtyard. The lease money you'd make off filling the surface parking with development would more than pay for the parking garage fees.

Just some things to think about. Thanks as always for your time Randy.

Patrick, OKCTalk.com

The Old Downtown Guy
03-05-2006, 02:20 PM

This is just a guess on my part Patrick, but don't you think that Hogan added you to his "Block Sender" list after about the second e-mail he got from you. Why would he be interested in the comments and opinions of someone that started a "Randy Hogan is a joke" thread?

TheImmortal
03-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Well you would hope he would actually care if people think he is sucking at his job. But all the same, by the looks of Lower Bricktown he knows damn well what he has done/is doing and could care less.

Patrick
03-05-2006, 06:50 PM
This is just a guess on my part Patrick, but don't you think that Hogan added you to his "Block Sender" list after about the second e-mail he got from you. Why would he be interested in the comments and opinions of someone that started a "Randy Hogan is a joke" thread?

Actually, Randy and I talk all the time. Sometimes by phone, sometimes by email. He doesn't know about this site, and even if he did, he knows my opinion of his performance as of late.

TheImmortal
03-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Does he say if he plans to do anything about it?

Patrick
03-05-2006, 08:22 PM
What part are you referring to? The surface parking, the 5 story building?

TheImmortal
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Any of it, mainly the surface parking though.

Patrick
03-05-2006, 08:26 PM
I guess I'll just answer the questions I threw out above.

1. Parking: He feels that he owes his tenants parking. Obviously, he says structured parking is expensive, and they'd have to charge for that. Charging for it wouldn't be providing free parking for his tenants. It's more of a cost issue. He's basically run out of land to move surface parking anywhere else.

2. 5 Story Building: He says adding brick would be too expensive. He doesn't feel he could lease more units at the present time.

3. Leasing surface parking lots to pay for structured parking....he still doesn't think he'd come out money-ahead. When I mentioned Penn Square to them, and their structured parking garage, he pointed out that Penn Square was owned by a national corporation that had the money to do that. Make me wonder....doesn't he have the financial backing of Stonegate?

Jack
03-05-2006, 10:23 PM
But this is the dude with the backing of the Fortune 500 Company, Torchmark. Remember?

Midtowner
03-06-2006, 12:20 AM
At least he doesn't have unnamed foriegn investors...

Patrick
03-06-2006, 09:29 AM
At least he doesn't have unnamed foriegn investors...

Those unnamed foreign investors could've had lots of money, especially since they were supposedly from Israel, Tal's native country.

Moondog
03-17-2006, 02:23 PM
I fail to see how emailing Hogan will do any good. He seems to be close to having the entire Lower Bricktown area completely built. What's he gonna do? Tear everything down just because a group of people send him angry emails? LOL...

It was a mistake to hand him control of Lower Bricktown. Chalk it up as a lesson learned. We should realize that OKC is much more than Bricktown. It's only one small part of the city.

I think it's time for us to turn our attentions elsewhere in this city. Arts Quarter, Midtown, NW 23rd, Paseo, Western Ave. Those areas have a lot of potential to be the urban/funky/eclectic/exciting areas that we all hoped Bricktown would be.

BDP
03-17-2006, 03:20 PM
he says structured parking is expensive

Building the canal, the arena, the river, etc. were all expensive, too, but we paid for it so that downtown would motivate investors to build developments that added to life in Oklahoma City. If he doesn't have the money to do that then 1) we screwed up and 2) he's basically giving OKC the finger after the people spent a lot of their own money to make his developments worth anything in the first place.

I think it's time for us to turn our attentions elsewhere in this city. Arts Quarter, Midtown, NW 23rd, Paseo, Western Ave. Those areas have a lot of potential to be the urban/funky/eclectic/exciting areas that we all hoped Bricktown would be.

Very true.

BDP
03-17-2006, 03:42 PM

Why don't you just e-mail him a link to this thread? Then he'll know that you're not just some lone harasser, but that several people share your feelings.