View Full Version : New tower in western Oklahoma

Jack
02-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I realized that the IPOD contest has been going on so I had my crew of advertising experts find us a water tower out in western Oklahoma to paint. Check this out.

http://www.okctalk.com/gallery/data/500/watertower.JPG

Looks like I'm going to win this thing hands down. No one else is interested. Come on. I wanna have some fun at this. Give me something to make me want to go out and do something crazier.

metro
02-23-2006, 02:04 PM
why would someone in rural western oklahoma want to join a site about OKC metro? get you a "cyber" water tower in the metro area and then tell them Metro referred them

Jack
02-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Unfortunately, most of the towers in the metro are owned by the individual cities, and they weren't willing to allow us to alter their water towers in such a manner. Obviously, the subrubs were the most opposed. Oklahoma City listened, but they couldn't see allowing a private forum like OKCTalk to "advertise" without paying for it.

This painting is in a very small town in far west Oklahoma and we were only allowed to keep it up for 30 days. I think the town was simply trying to be nice. The mayor is an old friend.

Patrick
02-23-2006, 02:17 PM
Hey Jack, I remember you telling me last week you were going to try to put something together like this. I'd love to come out and see it once it's completed. Just email me and let me know.