View Full Version : Hunan Garden at 63rd & May

metro
02-22-2006, 02:43 PM
Ordered some take-out there this weekend while snowed/iced in. Been looking for a good Chinese place. I had the General Tso Chicken extra spicy as usual and my gf had the Beef and Broccoli. The lunch meals served everyday until 3pm include entree, soup, and egg roll for around 4-5 bucks.

The fried rice was excellent, the best I've had in awhile. The chicken and sauce was great although the chicken didn't seem to be breaded as much as most restaurants. Additionally they used some pieces of dark meat. Nothing wrong with that but I don't like dark meat or mystery meat often found at Chinese restaurants. She seemed to like her meal. Keep me posted on any other good Chinese restaurants. On a scale of 10 I'd give it a 7.5 . Definitely worth a shot but still looking for better.

BFizzy
02-22-2006, 03:04 PM
I just asked a Chinese friend what his favorite take-out in OKC was and he said Taiwan Chinese Food at 2816 N Portland Ave. It is a pretty ghetto-looking place, but the food is fresh and delicious.

Jack
02-22-2006, 03:16 PM
The ghetto looking chinese restaurants are usually the best. I like several down in the Asian district. I'm only afraid to ask what kind of meat they use.

Midtowner
02-23-2006, 08:04 AM
Have to agree with Jack on the meat.