View Full Version : im a mom that needs help

raylene59
02-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi,
I have recently joined this forum because of some posts by Elizabeth and she is nowhere to be found. She explained the difficulties of coping with the boredom of being a staying at home mom with children.

I had found myself running into some money issues and desperately tried to find ways to overcome this by using my laptop, so far I have joined this group http://www.moms-online.info and although I only joined them a few days ago they have been very helpful and can understand my situation. For people like me it is important that I ask around and hear what others have to say, I just need to be in situation where I am more financial and don't have to stress about bills, school fees etc.. do you or anyone you know might understant moms online ?

Jack
02-22-2006, 03:30 PM
How are you meeting your expenses right now? Are you married? Receiving governmental assistance? If you're a single mom, it's tough to decide what to do. You're only option may be to put them in day care and get a job. I know that's a tough decision to make though. There are also jobs out there where you can work from your home. I see them every week in the paper. Some are legit, some aren't. You just have to be careful. Also, if you're single, make sure you're getting child support.

Patrick
02-22-2006, 03:36 PM
How old are your kids? If they're young and you need help with diapers, food, etc. you might check out the Hope Pregnasncy Center on N. May Ave, just south of Hefner Rd. They'd love to help out.

MadMonk
02-22-2006, 03:51 PM
What sort of skills do you possess. My wife stays at home and bids on jobs she can do from her home PC in her spare time. Its not a lot of money, but it helps a little.

Faith
02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
What sort of skills do you possess. My wife stays at home and bids on jobs she can do from her home PC in her spare time. Its not a lot of money, but it helps a little.

Does your wife use guru.com?

Patrick
02-22-2006, 03:55 PM

Good point. I think that's what Jack was suggesting as well.

Working for a day care center that offers free childcare to employees might not be a bad idea either. They don't pay much, but it's better than nothing. Only drawback would be it might reduce the amount of governmental assistance you are allowed.

Karried
02-22-2006, 05:12 PM
The company you are linking to sounds like an advertisement for you to join an online site in which you will have to contribute money.. be very careful if you are serious about making money - there are a lot of online scams floating around. I'm not saying this is one but you have to do a lot of research before giving them any money.

"We are proud to represent a company that believes the truth is always good enough.
<LI class=p12>We endorse...Safety, quality, and integrity. <LI class=p12>We enjoy...Meaningful, flexible work. <LI class=p12>We promote...Environmental awareness and home safety.
We offer...A risk-free 120-day trial run of the business."

MadMonk
02-22-2006, 10:01 PM
Does your wife use guru.com?
Why yes, she does. :)

Midtowner
03-06-2006, 09:25 PM
Am I the only one that it occurs to that the original post here is quite obviously spam???

Who is Elizabeth, and where are all of her posts?

Ah.. Karried got it.

The rest of us are just slow.