View Full Version : music video shoot in Bricktown

itimebomb
02-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey everyone if you haven't already heard this weekend in Bricktown local favorite band Minutes Too Far is shooting a music video. We're trying to make it a big deal. We shut down part of Oklahoma Avenue by the canal and will be shooting from 7am-10am. By the way the video is being made for MTV2 and FUSE TV so if you are in the video you'll be on tv.

http://www.itimebomb.com/images/flyer1.jpg

Karried
02-21-2006, 07:51 PM
That's cool... I wish it were a little later in the day though.. I don't think many people will be out and about at 7 am on a Saturday .....

But, I hope it turns out great though! Good luck

floater
02-21-2006, 08:27 PM
It's a Catch-22. If you want to close off Oklahoma, it'd have to be during a period of low traffic; but to get the people, it'd have to be shot at a time when OKC is least willing to close down the street.

I would think there would be less resistance to closing the street off; it's really not a heavily-trafficked thoroughfare, and Mickey Mantle is also two-way.

I suggest promoting this at the rock clubs on Friday and asking the Oklahoma Film Society/OK Casting for a quick casting call.

Still, it's pretty cool that it's happening; hope to see more on-location shots in B-town.

itimebomb
02-21-2006, 08:27 PM
That's cool... I wish it were a little later in the day though.. I don't think many people will be out and about at 7 am on a Saturday .....

But, I hope it turns out great though! Good luck

that's exactly why we're shooting so early. it's not terribly easy to get a street shut down, so we had to cave a little with the time.

anyways don't be shy folks, come support the local music scene!

jbrown84
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
Alot of times they may shoot early in the day to get a certain kind of light. Morning light is very different in color, direction, and harshness than what you have in the middle of the day or the evening.

itimebomb
02-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Alot of times they may shoot early in the day to get a certain kind of light. Morning light is very different in color, direction, and harshness than what you have in the middle of the day or the evening.

This is also true. The light is much more uniform in the morning.

Anyways show up!

itimebomb
02-22-2006, 01:25 AM
edit: double post

Oki_Man5
02-22-2006, 05:12 AM
For those who want a quick "meet and greet," this could be a perfect opportunity.

Someone (who knows the area and a likely place to stand), pick a place and a time to meet there, and anyone who shows up can come by and say "Hi!" to whomever is there. If nobody shows up, so what? If only one shows up, he can have fun being in the video, so nobody is hurt if not many show up.

Good part of it will be it will be cold, so full-covering clothing will be a must LOL

metro
02-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I suggest promoting this at the rock clubs on Friday and asking the Oklahoma Film Society/OK Casting for a quick casting call.

I work for a major movie studio and am also a part of Ok. Film Society if you need any help on this end. Not sure what "casting" you need for a local music video but to each their own. You should promote it to the Hornets if your wanting celebs, etc. Hopefully there will still be a good turnout despite the early time and the cold weather we're having. I'll get all my crew there!

Itimebomb, it's good to see you join OKCTalk! I remember you from ScionLife, etc.

El Gato Pollo Loco!!!
02-22-2006, 09:35 AM
I might be there, just for the experience. Hope I get off work in time. :)

metro
02-24-2006, 08:07 AM
anyone else going to this?

fsusurfer
02-24-2006, 09:44 AM
Depends how much I drink tonight...

metro
02-27-2006, 10:25 AM
fsusurfer did you make it? I did, it was early and cold but it was a good experience. Glad to see more stuff like this coming to OKC. My digicam was acting up so unfortunately no pictures to post. Channel 4 and the Daily Oklahoman showed up so it made the paper and news. Good local exposure. Would like to see more exposure on local bands.