View Full Version : Hello

Boston
02-19-2006, 02:23 PM
I am from Boston (hence the screename) and I recently just visited your city. I must say I enjoyed it and I look forward to visiting it again. If I didn't miss a few things from here i'd actually consider moving to OKC. :congrats:

Todd
02-19-2006, 02:27 PM
Welcome Boston!

We're glad you joined.

Luke
02-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Glad you enjoyed yourself. What brought you here?

Boston
02-19-2006, 02:41 PM
I was actually comming back from Dallas, and me and my friend dropped by on the way back. Decided to stay for 2 days.

Keith
02-19-2006, 05:06 PM
I was actually comming back from Dallas, and me and my friend dropped by on the way back. Decided to stay for 2 days.
Hi Boston,

We appreciate you coming through our fine city and staying for a few days, and for joining OKCTalk. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself, and I sincerely hope you come back and visit soon.:yourock:

jbrown84
02-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Glad you enjoyed your visit. Can I ask what specifically attracted you, where you stayed, and what you liked best? Welcome to the board!

Boston
02-19-2006, 10:41 PM
Glad you enjoyed your visit. Can I ask what specifically attracted you, where you stayed, and what you liked best? Welcome to the board!

We were just driving through and we wanted to check it out. Went to a Hornets game and your CHL Blazers game you guys have some nice restaurants.

John
02-20-2006, 12:13 AM
If I didn't miss a few things from here i'd actually consider moving to OKC.

Mike's Pastry, right? ;)

Boston
02-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Mike's Pastry, right? ;)

Hahaha yeah, that the Red sox, the college hockey/bruins, and the pizza. :pizza:

metro
02-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Welcome Boston, glad you joined! Hope you can provide an outsiders perspective from time to time. What were you able to do besides Hornets and Blazers? What restaurants? Did you check out the memorial?

Patrick
02-20-2006, 10:17 AM
Hey Boston, welcome OKCTalk and definitely welcome to OKC. Glad you enjoyed your stay here. Like others have said, we'd be interested to hear your views on every aspect of our city, good and bad. And I seriously mean bad as well, because while compliments are great, it's always the negative comments that allow us to know what we still need to work on.

HOT ROD
02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Welcome Boston.

I do hope you will continue to post. I am from Seattle and am an active member of the forum. I was born and raised in OKC but don't let that stop you from becoming an "expat" of sorts like me and others (Floater, MalibuSooner, many many others - sorry everyone that I didnt mention).

What we all do here is support the renaissance of Oklahoma City. From your posts, it seems like you enjoyed your visit. I hope you can give an east coast prospective to the forum that will help Oklahoma City (in much the same way that I give a NW prospective).

And like Patrick said, good and bad - as this forum concentrates on progressive constructive policy and action that will make OKC more of an urban major league city!

Anyways, great to meet you and we welcome you to OKCTalk and Oklahoma City!

Continue the Renaissance! of Oklahoma City. (and our new friend, BOSTON) [wouldnt it be nice to get a nonstop flight from OKC to Boston Logan!!!]