View Full Version : Halo 2 To Be Released for Windows Vista

okcpulse
02-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Microsoft has announced that the PC version of Halo 2 will be released at the end of this year for the Windows Vista operating system. However, it has been said that Halo 2 will not run on XP or any of the previous operating systems. It is my guess that this is an incentive for hard core PC gamers to upgrade to Vista.

Maybe it would be a good incentive. And for two reasons. First, the PC version of Halo 2 will include a feature that will allow gamers to design and customize their own multiplayer maps.

Here is the other reason... Windows Vista, as it matures, is becoming known among developers as a rock solid and stable operating system, especially after the latest CTP of build 5270. It has been comfirmed that Windows Vista has been seperated into two layers, just like Mac OS X- the kernel layer and user layer. All .dll files, applications, games and GUI will run only in the user layer (or user mode) and the kernel layer (or kernel mode) has been stripped from the administrator. To make any changes to the registry or OS settings (which is done in the kernel layer)will require a password, like what is done in Linux.

That's important for gamers who want a less buggy OS that won't crash during intense gameplay. Nothing hacks a gamer more than arriving a t a critical moment in Battlefield 2 and suddenly the game has been shut down because of some automatic Windows update.

I am really pumped for Halo 2 to be released for PC, mostly so I can take advantage of the customizing feature and build my own multiplayer map, giving it my own interesting name.

On the XBOX 360 front, there is no indication whether Halo 3 will be released anytime soon. Bungie really shot themselves in the foot by cutting off what could have been a very good ending to a somewhat over-emphasized campaign. The campaign should have taken place entirely on Earth. Halo fans are anticipating a 'to be continued' situation with Halo 3, picking up where it left off on the previous release. Yet I have a feeling that what Halo fans really want is more multiplayer action, better graphics, more weapons, and more character options. I heard a girl say once she wanted to play a grunt on multiplayer mode, rather than a spartan or an elite. Interesting.

All I have to say about XBOX 360 is this... MAKE MORE OF THEM. HOW HARD CAN IT BE? I'm tired of waiting.

okcpulse