View Full Version : My Experiment

Todd
02-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Since the Oklahoma lottery began I've been playing the lottery. I know their are those on the board that hold the believe that it is immoral. I've supported the lottery and quite frankly have a lot of fun playing. So much fun in fact I've invested quite a bit of time and money in studying and playing the lottery.

I've been working on developing a system for playing the pick 3. I've read several books on the subject, subscribed to several websites, studied the past draw patterns and have combined several popular methods to arrive at what I think is a good system. Many of you may be asking why pick 3 and not the big Powerball draw. I chose to work on pick 3 because the odds of winning with some consistency are much greater than with Powerball. Anyone that tells you other wise is plain nuts. You're not going to get rich over night with pick 3...but with a well thought out strategy, consistency and a little luck I believe it is possible to win pick 3.

I put my plan in action last Tuesday Feb 7th. Since then I have won with one box ticket and one straight ticket for a total of $550. Because most of you would most likely doubt my claims I have decided to publish my picks in the VIP Lounge for a couple of weeks so you can track my results yourself.

Todd's Picks
http://www.okctalk.com/vip-lounge/5637-todds-picks.html#post45209 (http://www.okctalk.com/vip-lounge/5637-todds-picks.html#post45209)

Oki_Man5
02-12-2006, 06:16 AM
I have not bought a ticket, but I probably will buy one soon since my wife watches those $Million grow on the power ball, but winning is so unlikely.

Do you figure the odds on Pick three as 10 X 10 X 10 = 1 in 1000, or how does one figure the odds? I know it is luck mostly for the win.

Back when Remington Park first opened, a guy at work studied the horses and bet on all the favorites---he won, but what he won was just about equal to the amount he put into it.

How much have you put into it to win the $550.00. Please understand, I am not mocking your system, and I am sure the entertainment value of the adrenalin flowing as they pick the numbers must be exhilerating when one has studied the system and has a plan over just relying on pure dumb luck.

Please do not ask me to explain what I mean because I probably don't know any more about what I said than one can read out of the post.

Pete

Todd
02-12-2006, 06:23 AM
I started out playing my 10 numbers on a box ticket. I went 3 nights without a win and was really getting discouraged. On the fourth night I won $50 on a box ticket since then I have not looked back. I encourage everyone to play smart and take care of family obligations first. If you're going to play use "recreational" money and parlay your winnings to keep playing consistently. Also, once you win don't get a big head and start dumping money into more tickets. Play smart, consistent and conservative. The goal is to come out a head at the end of the month.

okcpulse
02-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Todd, what is Oklahoma's Pick 3 jackpot sitting at currently?
I've been watching the Texas numbers closely to look at the draw pattern. And, did you get my PM concerning my wesbite?

Todd
02-12-2006, 03:21 PM
The Oklahoma Pick 3 jackpot is always $500 for a straight pick.

Please resend your email I switched my SPAM protection service and lost several emails.