View Full Version : Coach Sutton involved in Accident

Keith
02-10-2006, 09:25 PM
I was going to post this in the sports section, but it is actually a news article.

http://www.newsok.com/tempimages/f10sutton.jpg

Sutton injured in car accident

By Joe Wertz and John Helsley
The Oklahoman

STILLWATER - Oklahoma State basketball coach Eddie Sutton was hospitalized after a car accident tonight, authorities said.

About 5:45 p.m., Sutton was driving in 3000 block of N. Washington Street when he rear-ended a Chevrolet Suburban, ran off the road and struck a tree, Stillwater police said.

Sutton received a head injury and was taken to the Stillwater Medical Center.
The 69-year-old coach underwent tests, but hospital officials were not prepared to release his condition by 8:15 p.m.

The driver of the Suburban, whose name was not released, was treated at the scene for minor injuries.

Oklahoma State athletic officials said Sutton was on his way to the Stillwater airport to catch the team’s flight to College Station, where the Cowboys face Texas A&M Saturday.

Police did not issue any citations at the scene but said the Payne County District Attorney would decide if any charges would be filed.

Police did say that Sutton, 69, was driving 60 MPH in a 45 MPH zone...I guess he was in a hurry to get to the airport. I wish Coach Sutton a speedy recovery.