View Full Version : Fashion Show in OKC

metro
02-09-2006, 09:44 AM
All, in case you didn't catch my latest post on the blogsite: www.downtownokc.blogspot.com, here it is:

iN stYle

In keeping with the renaissance spirit in OKC, what more could you ask for than a fashion show? Well folks it gets better than that because it includes VIP treatment at one of OKC's newest uber-hip restaurants.

On Sunday, February 19th the See It Before London! hits Cafe Nova at 4308 N. Western. Nicole Moan is an established artist in the region and she is from right here in OKC. Her forte is wearable ceramic corsets. Nicole made the cut of 60 out of 5000 entries chosen for Swatch Watch Alternative Fashion Week in London, England March 20-24th.

This event is a fundraiser to help send Nicole and her team to represent the OKC Fashion scene at the London Fashion Week.

Parties interested in booking in advance for VIP treatment should arrive at 6pm for dinner. VIP's will be the first to view Nicole's collection of ceramic corsets. Each table will also receive a piece of artwork by Nicole as well as a gift basket donated by local merchants. There will also be prizes raffled off and a silent auction as well. Doors open to the public at 7:30pm and there is a $15 cover. The show starts at 8pm. There will also be performances by: Lisa Curl, The Stringents, Victor Zuniga, spontaneous bob, Tracy Townsend, and Pseudodance Theatre.

For more information you can go to : www.nicolemoan.com , www.cafenovaokc.com or call 405-525-NOVA

--Steven Newlon

fromdust
02-09-2006, 06:23 PM
thanks for the info. i didnt know that okc had a fashion scene, though.
my girlfriend will want to know about this.

metro
02-10-2006, 07:43 AM
fromdust, we've actually got a pretty good underground fashion scene

swake
02-10-2006, 09:23 AM
This is more art than fashion, I have seen her work and it's really great, but it's not really "clothing" per se.

I have never, in any city anywhere, seen anyone wearing a ceramic corset in public. I imagine that even if you buy one, it's going to hang on a wall far more than it would hang on someones chest.

metro
02-10-2006, 09:26 AM
You'd actually be surprised swake. I've seen numerous girls wear them all over. Yes it is art and fashion. Don't they go hand and hand?? Anyhow they are displaying art, but the event will also be having a "runway" fashion show and this is the main event of the night. The runway show will be presented exactly as it will in London's fashion week. Go check it out, you might surprise yourself!!