View Full Version : Hey Keith

Jay
02-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Keith,

Since your in the know with what is going on with OCFD. I am curious to know something.

What is with the new fire trucks that are sitting parked in the lot off of SW 15th and Portland. (The new hazmat waste drop off center.) There are about 3 to 5 brand new fire engines parked facing the fence on Portland.

I noticed one of them was painted up with Engine 3's logos. I live near station 3 and their current engine has scene better days. When are these new engines going into service? Is there some kind of hold up that is keeping the fire department from using them.

Just curious.

Keith
02-03-2006, 05:00 AM
Keith,

Since your in the know with what is going on with OCFD. I am curious to know something.

What is with the new fire trucks that are sitting parked in the lot off of SW 15th and Portland. (The new hazmat waste drop off center.) There are about 3 to 5 brand new fire engines parked facing the fence on Portland.

I noticed one of them was painted up with Engine 3's logos. I live near station 3 and their current engine has scene better days. When are these new engines going into service? Is there some kind of hold up that is keeping the fire department from using them.

Just curious.
Thanks for your interest. I will contact Major Stanaland, the PIO with the OCFD, and check with him this morning. I do know, after talking to several district chiefs, that the fire dept. does have some new vehicles coming in.

The current hold up right now may be the radios. Since both fire and police are going to the new 800 MZ radios, they may be waiting to install the new radios in these trucks before they release them. I'll check on it, though.