View Full Version : Tulsa firm building Dallas Cowboy's new stadium

metro
02-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Tulsa company will build Dallas stadium

Tulsa-based Manhattan Construction will build a 75,000-seat retractable-roof stadium for the Dallas Cowboys, team officials announced Tuesday.
Manhattan Construction will be teamed with minority-owned firms Rayco Construction and 3-i Construction. The stadium, to be built in Arlington, Texas, will include more than 200 suites, multiple restaurants and lounges, and will host concerts, high school football and bowl games. A news release on the company's Web site reported construction of the $650 million stadium will begin in March and will take about 40 months to complete. Manhattan was founded in 1896 and claims to have the first corporate charter in Oklahoma. The company has offices in Tulsa; Oklahoma City; Dallas; Houston; Washington; Atlanta; Tampa, Fla.; Greenville, S.C.; Richmond, Va.; and Mexico City.

travis
02-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I saw this on the news in Dallas yesterday evening. Kind of surprised me, but it is pretty good exposure for the company.

swake
02-01-2006, 03:52 PM
Manhattan is one the largest construction companies in the nation. They are part of the Rooney Companies which are privately held by the Rooney Family in Tulsa. Francis Rooney is the US Ambassador to the Vatican.

http://www.insidethevatican.com/newsflash-apr14-05-2.htm

Manhattan Construction has built such items as the Oklahoma Capital dome, the ballpark at Arlington, Will Rogers World Airport, ORU, The New Orleans Sports Arena, Reliant Stadium in Houston, and, with Tulsa's other major constuction company, Flintco, is building the BOk Center. Just to name a few.

http://www.mccbuilds.com/index2.cfm

metro
02-02-2006, 11:48 AM
anybody have any renderings of the project?

fromdust
02-02-2006, 01:30 PM
thats funny, i was listening to klif a local dallas station the other day. all day long when the top of the hour came around for the news they kept saying okc based manhattan co.
you can always count on the media to get the facts wrong.

metro
02-02-2006, 03:59 PM
Perhaps it was the OKC office that designed it, even though the corporation itself is based out of Tulsa? Could be a possibility, either way its good for our entire state.