View Full Version : Singles opion for a gathering?

dirtrider73068
01-31-2006, 07:51 PM
What are your opions for a gathering? I am thinking of hosting a cookout, like burgers, hot dogs, maybe some stuffed jalpanoes(sp) stuffed peppers how is that. We could setup a horseshoe pit to play, or eat sit around and hangout or we can watch a movies have some people each bring one and choose which one to watch. Sit around around and hangout outside, of course the weather will be a big player is this game as I would like a good day to do this so its nice enough we can sit out side and have fun but not get too hot or too cold. I would like some input on who would like this idea? is it worth to start planning a day and getting things organized? I cna get the burger pattys and hot dogs. Need the input and on who would come, I don't want to go out and get a bunch of meat to cookout and at last minute nobody wants to show up. Is there anything anybody would add to the list of activites?

Curt
01-31-2006, 09:31 PM
You know I'd be there if I could buddy, but I hope other people can get together for this.

dirtrider73068
02-01-2006, 09:21 PM
Wow 28 views not anybody wants to post a opion to a singles cookout, well I guess i won't plan one, or try and put together future, kinds shows thats its true and nobody wants to get out and meet but when they don't they wonder why they don't meet anyone. I just thought a cookout on a good sunny day with some activities would be fun.

Karried
02-01-2006, 10:47 PM
I was thinking that when the weather gets really warm it would be a great idea.. I think it's great that you are planning it.. don't give up.

Spring/Summer is right around the corner and a BBQ then would be really fun.

gbyte
02-02-2006, 07:23 AM
Well I am one of those views (well 2 now) but I am unable to commit to hardly anything right now so have not posted at all :P Personally I love cookouts but my schedule (which isn't really set) is really hectic right now so I was going to stay to the side right now.

kellekokid
02-02-2006, 08:55 AM
I"m kinda the same way as gbyte... I love the idea and hope we can get something together for us all. Sorry I didn't take the quick moment to say something along those lines earlier. I have a weird work schedule cause I work evenings (3-11) then every other month it's earlier hours (12-8) plus this week I've been getting ready to move this weekend....but still no good excuse for not showing interest in your idea. Count me as a yes when it gets time to making plans!

dirtrider73068
02-02-2006, 02:47 PM
Well this was just a idea to see how many would show interest in something later on when everyone's schedule would be right for it. Why I was saying whats everyone's opion on a cookout, I didn't have it planned but if enough showed likeing to it then something could be planned for it later on.

Randy
02-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Well this was just a idea to see how many would show interest in something later on when everyone's schedule would be right for it. Why I was saying whats everyone's opion on a cookout, I didn't have it planned but if enough showed likeing to it then something could be planned for it later on.
I think it is a good idea myself. Unfortunately, you will see that, although many will show interest at first in an outing, it is very difficult to get everyone together. There is usually one excuse after another, and it will really get frustrating. Hang in there, and good luck. By the way, are you the singles forum leader now, or do you know who is?

dirtrider73068
02-02-2006, 08:37 PM
No not really I don't know who is, this was just an idea I thought would be better at getting people together, but finding it rather hard to get anybody to pipe up and say yes this is something they would do or no they wouldn't. I thought a cookout woould be a easy way for people to mingle rather than say a bar, restuant, or sports game where its loud and crowded. Haveing a cookout would give people the chance to sit down have a drink if they like and chat where is a calm quite setting, but like I said its hard getting any one to speak up. Like was said before and everyone knows they want to at first then get shy so to say and back out, maybe things/plans change but of the trying gatherings they have had I have seen alot of the same "yea I will be, or I want to go" then right before its sorry I can't make it cause of this blah blah thing. I don't knwo what to do to make it easy or better at getting some or even a few of the singles here together.