View Full Version : Kind of Funny

Curt
01-31-2006, 02:51 PM
And supposedly true.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-alarm-clock-Used-for-7-yrs-by-former-Ford-Engineer_W0QQitemZ4436787590QQcategoryZ79643QQrdZ1 QQcmdZViewItem

Karried
01-31-2006, 03:25 PM
Kind of funny but kind of sad too... poor guy.

Curt
01-31-2006, 03:29 PM
Yah it is sad really....just the guy seems to have a sense of humor still. By the way, thanks for moving this to the apropriate place in the forums.

dirtrider73068
01-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Whats even more funny is the people actually biding on it, I can't believe its at 35 bucks. Walmart has alarm clock for way cheaper.

Curt
01-31-2006, 09:43 PM
Whats even more funny is the people actually biding on it, I can't believe its at 35 bucks. Walmart has alarm clock for way cheaper.
LOL, no kidding, I could not beleive it either.

fromdust
02-01-2006, 11:52 AM
the bid is at 53 bucks now.

Faith
02-01-2006, 12:03 PM
How stupid. Its sad people have nothing else to do with their time and money.

Faith
02-01-2006, 01:00 PM
Well I just went back and read the last part of this guys listing on ebay. I didn't realize he had been laid off and didn't have any money. I wanted to take back my "How Stupid" comment. I am happy for this man that right now his alarm clock is up to $61.00. Hopefully he can use it to go towards looking for another job and buying another alarm clock one day.

Curt
02-01-2006, 02:56 PM
This is an article from todays Detroit News, the guy wont be hurting for money. Hid dad ,John, once left a nasty note on the windsheild of my car for parking in his spot at work, well the spot was not marked with his name on it...LOL

TIME TO SNOOZE: Laid-off Ford engineer offers clock

February 1, 2006

Email this Print this BY SARAH A. WEBSTER

FREE PRESS BUSINESS WRITER

Former Ford engineer Mark Coletti of Royal Oak is selling his no-longer-needed alarm clock on eBay. (Ebay)
Ford Motor Co. started eliminating 4,000 white-collar jobs last week -- part of a massive restructuring effort that will slash more than 30,000 jobs by 2012 -- and at least one worker is peddling his suffering with some humor on eBay.

The dig at Ford is found under the unassuming category of Alarm Clocks on the auction Web site.

"Dual alarm clock -- used for 7 yrs by former Ford engineer," the offering from 29-year-old Mark Coletti of Royal Oak begins.

"This alarm clock is SO reliable that it helped me achieve a perfect attendance award for 4 of my 7 years at the company!!! Since I was laid off last week as part of Ford's Way Forward initiative, I no longer have the need for an alarm clock."

Coletti, who told the Free Press that he was surprised to be let go last Wednesday, said he decided to sell his alarm clock as a joke.

The young engineer comes from a Ford family that no longer has Ford jobs. That includes his sister, Angela, who works at Nissan now, and his father, John, who is well-known in Ford circles.

John Coletti was responsible, as director of Ford's Special Vehicle Team, for vehicles such as the Ford F-150 Lightning and the Ford Mustang Cobra. He later spearheaded development and production planning of the Ford GT supercar, and he also is credited with saving the Mustang in the early 1990s, when it was to be eliminated for cost reasons. Coletti retired from SVT in 2004.

The younger Coletti, who is unmarried with no children, said he decided to demonstrate to his coworkers that losing your job isn't the end of the world. And he said he was inspired by the guy who raffled off his NFL loyalty because he was "tired of the Detroit Lions."

"I told a few of my friends that the best way to handle it was to make fun of it," Coletti said.

Despite being a buttoned-down powertrain engineer by day, Coletti proves himself to be a witty writer in the ad. He details all the helpful attributes of his alarm clock.

For example, it has two wake-up times. "This is ideal when having a secret affair with a coworker and you don't want anybody to get suspicious when you two show up at the same time every morning ... How can any engineer playboy live without this?"

Coletti, who has only five months of severance from Ford coming, said he's selling the alarm clock for extra money.

"I ... need all the financial help I can get!!!" he writes. "Check back as I may be selling my business attire, dress shoes, button-down Polo shirts, khakis, miscellaneous Ford Motor Co. awards and ... other corporate-America items I no longer need."

In parting, he wishes people a great day of work.

"I'm off to watch 'The Price Is Right' and then hitting the tanning salon."

By late Tuesday, Coletti had 36 bids, and the high price had reached $35.

sweetdaisy
02-01-2006, 05:54 PM
It's up to $82.

kellekokid
02-01-2006, 11:15 PM
$97.69 and over six days left...