View Full Version : Poll: 47% of Iraqis support attacks on U.S. troops

PUGalicious
01-31-2006, 02:55 PM
(Originally posted here (http://independentchristianvoice.com/2006/01/31/poll-47-of-iraqis-support-attacks-on-us-troops/))

Poll: 47% of Iraqis support attacks on U.S. troops

The right-wing and this administration continues to maintain that the Iraqis love what we’re doing over there and that any negative reports simply shows media bias. A new poll by WorldPublicOpinion.org (http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/home_page/165.php?nid=&id=&pnt=165&lb=hmpg1) seems to paint a different picture:

A substantial portion of Iraqis support attacks on US led-forces, but not attacks on Iraqi government security forces or Iraqi civilians. Ethnic groups vary sharply on these questions.

http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/images/jan06/Iraq_Jan06_grph5.GIF

Overall, 47% say they approve of “attacks on US-led forces” (23% strongly). There are huge differences between ethnic groups. An extraordinary 88% of Sunnis approve, with 77% approving strongly. Forty-one percent of Shia approve as well, but just 9% strongly. Even 16% of Kurds approve (8% strongly).

The poll also finds that 80% of Iraqis believe the U.S. government plans to have permanent military bases in Iraq. Read the full report of the WPO poll here (http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/home_page/165.php?nid=&id=&pnt=165&lb=hmpg1).

Curt
01-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Lets just pull out then and leave them to fend for themselves, see how they like us then.

Patrick
01-31-2006, 08:09 PM
I agree. Time to pull out. Then once they've bombed their own country out, we can bulldoze it.

Curt
01-31-2006, 09:29 PM
I am with you Patrick all the way. They just want the free security we are now giving them, but hate us in the meantime it seems, so lets just pull out and bring our guys back home.

PUGalicious
02-01-2006, 05:45 AM
Nice Christian attitude, Patrick.

Midtowner
02-01-2006, 07:06 AM
Do you have a link to the original poll and did they post their methodology?

PUGalicious
02-01-2006, 07:26 AM
Yes they did post their methodology and the link was at the end of the original post.

Jack
02-01-2006, 12:02 PM
Nice Christian attitude, Patrick.

Hey, I'm not Patrick, but look at it this way. God Himself, told the Israelites to destroy everyone in the Promised Land (Arabs at the time) when they entered from their long journey through the desert. Has the Israelites obeyed God, we probably wouldn't be facing the problems we are today.

Patrick
02-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Thanks Jack for coming to my defense. But I think I can handle my own!

Midtowner
02-01-2006, 12:25 PM
So wait.. you guys agree that God ordered His people to commit genocide?

That is something you're using as a basis for leaving the people of the region to engage in mutual slaughter of innocents? Fundamentalism sure is quirky.

Jack
02-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Yup. Read Exodus.

God also destroyed Soddom and Gamorra (sp???).
And He destroyed many when He flooded the Earth.

Should I go on?

Bobby H
02-07-2006, 06:27 PM
My sympathies are with the service people fighting over in Iraq and their families having to wait it out on pins and needles back here at posts like Fort Sill.

There is a lot of growing anger brewing about what may the be outcome of the war: Iraq governed by a Muslim based totalitarian theocracy preaching the destruction of the United States.

It will be of very little comfort to Americans that such a government was elected freely, and that thousands of American soldiers gave their lives for that (along with taxpayers giving up $2 trillion).

The whole thing is a paradox. But then our policy makers seem to love a paradox.

We want "homeland security" -but then let's have wide open borders and ports. Who cares if someone smuggles bomb parts into the nation by back-pack or through shipping containers? It's more important to protect the bottom line of business people who want to hire undocumented workers so they can dodge worker's comp insurance fees, matching social security payments and other costs associated with hiring American citizens and legal resident aliens.

It's perfectly fine to give the Communist Chinese government most favored nation trading status -even though the government has a deplorable human rights record and is supplying our enemies with lots of weapons and missile technology. Nevermind the rampant counterfeiting and piracy of many products and intellectual properties. As long as a few well-connected American globalists are profiteering off the situation, all is good.

A bunch of this stuff is threatening to split the Republican Party in half. And the Democrats can't seem to get their thumbs of their back ends to come up with any ideas at all on their own.

Too bad it costs too much of a fortune for any other political parties to rise up and hammer those knuckleheads.