View Full Version : Best place to eat in OKC?

BG918
01-31-2006, 12:51 AM
I have lived in Norman for a few years now and coming from Tulsa I knew very little about OKC, especially where the good restaurants are. I have since discovered some great places like Nikz at the Top (my favorite), Mickey Mantle's, Museum Cafe, and Deep Fork Grill. I have been to just about every restaurant in Bricktown and some of the OKC fave's like County Line BBQ, Flip's, Pearl's by the lake, and Sushi Nikko. What other parts of the city should I try and which restaurants? I'd really like to explore the Asian district more, Western Ave., and some of the new places downtown, where should I go? Also if anyone has any personal OKC favorites let us know!

Oki_Man5
01-31-2006, 05:28 AM
LOL I know wife and I are certainly not the connosieurs of fine dining, but we have our favorites even though none of them would rate necessarily as some place one would brag that he goes. Probably I am the only one on this board who would admit to frequenting such establishments. (Take that as a dare, folks.)

Hometown Buffet (Yes, a chain although a small chain) is my very favorite---agreed, it is not a "name-dropper" prospect, but if one wants great food at a very decent price, it is the place to go.

Golden Corral (Uh huh another chain comes in second, and the only reason for it not being #1 is the difference in price.) I love the buffets, and I am very satisfied with going to a place where the masses go.

Chelinos is on the list when in the mood for Mexican food. Not much atmosphere, but the food is good, and the price is not that far out.

BG, I did not see Toby's name listed by name in your list; wife and I ate there once; burger and fries just $8.95 and the Diet Cola is charged for on top of that. Good burger for sure, but one pays for the ambiance; LOL And the waitress assigned to our table just happened not to be one of the "lookers." OK OK Sexist Male Chauvenist Pig, but when I pay $8.95 for a burger and fries, LOL I think maybe I should get a kiss too.

MadMonk
01-31-2006, 06:23 AM
I didn't care for Hometown Buffet, but I liked Golden Corral. If you're not too much of a food snob its not bad. Both are great places to take the kids because you can give them a huge variety of food. Definately not fine dining though. :D

I liked Boca Boca on N. May Ave. Its very intimate and the food is great.

Have you checked out the "restaurant row" on Memorial? There's lots of new stuff up there. Its a long drive from Norman I know, but not much farther than Pearl's by the lake.

metro
01-31-2006, 07:17 AM
Try Western Ave. district and other parts of downtown, as well as Gaucho's Grill and Junior's on NW Expressway. You might get better feedback if you move this post to the Food Court ( the forum about food and restaurants)

BFizzy
01-31-2006, 07:33 AM
Fine Casual Dining:
Cheever's
Cafe Nova
Boca Boca
The Mantle
Tom and Jerry's
Rococo
Bourbon Street Cafe
Terraluna
Cattleman's Steakhouse
Red Rock Canyon Grill

Mexican:
Cantina Laredo
Abuelita's
Taco San Pedro

Asian:
Pho 89
Thai House
Lido
Sushi Neko
Musashi's

Mediteranean:
Zorba's
Mediteranean Imports and Deli
Magic Lamp

Italian:
Tratoria Il Centro

BBQ:
Leo's
Earl's

Indian:
Taj
Gopuram

Pizza:
Hideaway Pizza

Deli:
Kamp's

Chains:
P.F. Chang's
Pei Wei
Moe's Southwest Grill
Fuddrucker's (Soon)

BFizzy
01-31-2006, 07:38 AM
Deep Fork Grill, Saturn Grill, Iron Star BBQ, Irma's Burger Shack, and Galileo are also great places.

escan
01-31-2006, 07:44 AM
BFizzy-

Great list....

I'd like to add Caffe Pranzo for Italian and Las Palomas for Mexican along with Eddy's for steaks.

fsusurfer
01-31-2006, 08:01 AM
Good list, but one of my fav's Terraluna, has closed.

BFizzy
01-31-2006, 08:31 AM
I didn't know about Terraluna. That's too bad.

windowphobe
01-31-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah, the bank decided they needed extra space, and they bumped Terraluna out of its lease.

HOT ROD
01-31-2006, 11:12 PM
Grand House in Asia District for Dim Sum. We loved it!

Jack
02-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Oh gosh, lots of good places to eat.

The best and most unique: Olive Garden, Red Lobster, McDonalds, IHOP, Denny's, and Johnny Carinos.

Jack
02-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Too bad we didn't have Jack in the Box. Yum.

Patrick
02-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Jack, Chill!

metro
02-01-2006, 01:25 PM
You might want to check the Food Court or the Best & Worst forum. In those forums you can find reviews of restaurants

scotplum
02-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Mmmmm.....Ann's Chicken Fry.....MMMMMMMM!!!